Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Putting aside any blame game for a minute, Conte leaving in January would be a fucking disaster.
Nothing positive about it.

Imagine securing the services of Conte, by a club that not that fucking long ago was competing in a CL final, only to have him jump ship after a few months.

Im not here to promote Levy, but Im sure even ENIC would see their investment ( call it what you will ), diminish in value, and set the Club back decades.

What would current and future players think ? What would player managers think ? What would corporate and day game members think ? What would TV rights outlets think ?

He will not leave in January.
That’s exactly my point. He’s an emotive character and will not think twice about walking away when Levy reneges, fails to deliver transfers, changes budget or lies. For once, Levy has to back the manager and go big

Interesting when you compare him to Kane this season. Moura offers nothing to our attack right?
What does Kane offer then?

Moura and Kane both have one assist
Both have created 3 big chances
Moura has missed 0 big chances to Kane’s 4
Kane has 1 goal to Mouras 0
Mouras hit the woodwork twice, Kane once

Seems like our striker is basically par with a substitute level winger
He is par with him this season, mainly because of him (as well as other factors like a lack of fitness)

That’s exactly my point. He’s an emotive character and will not think twice about walking away when Levy reneges, fails to deliver transfers, changes budget or lies. For once, Levy has to back the manager and go big

Fair enough. I wont clog this game day thread. The discussion prob should reside in the Conte one.
But yeah, I get your point.

Lloris
Emerson Dier Davies
Berg Skipp Ndom Gill Reg
Son Kane

Send players forward - one of the back 3 stepping out in midfield with the wingbacks plus Gill or Ndom steaming into the final third. Let’s retire Jose’s 8-2-0 formation and try and get us into a 2-3-5 when attacking

I didn't watch the Mura game. Thank God. I guess it was horrible.

How did Gil and Ndombele do in that game? Did they show something that could be useful against a park the bus team at all?

With Højbjerg and Skipp we don't have any creativity in midfield. And with the 3-4-3 and Højbjerg Skipp we always seem to loose the midfield.

I'm thinking 3-4-1-2

Lloris
Rodon Dier Tanganga
Emerson Skipp Højbjerg Reguillon
Gil
Lucas Son

Wish I could put Kane in there but he's not good enough at the moment.

Also, Sess got a red card against Mura. Apart from that, how did he do for the 35 minutes he played?

Last edited:
I didn't watch the Mura game. Thank God. I guess it was horrible.

How did Gil and Ndombele do in that game? Did they show something that could be useful against a park the bus team at all?

With Højbjerg and Skipp we don't have any creativity in midfield. And with the 3-4-3 and Højbjerg Skipp we always seem to loose the midfield.

I'm thinking 3-4-1-2

Lloris
Rodin För Tanganga
Emerson Skipp Højbjerg Reguillon
Gil
Lucas Son

Wish I could put Kane in there but he's not good enough at the moment.

Also, Sess got a red card against Mura. Apart from that, how did he do for the 35 minutes he played?
That’s basically just dropping Kane for Gill. Needs to be more radical than that.

I would play Sonny directly up top with Kane and Lucas in the AMC role.

---------------------Lloris---------------------
------Tanganga----Dier------Davies-------
Emerson--‐---------------------------Reggie
-----------------Skipp---Hojberg-----------
----------------------Lucas-------------------
------------------Kane----Son---------------

this is going to be a bish bash game, same as always against this mob
Kane, Son and the CH's will take a bit of a battle to hope they are up to it
Thinkwe know both Kane & Son don't like being bashed now

No thanks

Surely Rodon ahead of Dier?

I really hope you are right, and do not believe he would come without some sort of commitment to buying; he's not just becoming aware of our failings. He's surely been watching.

But we have seen it all with this club.
You said it.

Not a clue what to expect today. It’s going to be dull isn’t it.

We are desperately in need of a spark, I just don’t see anybody in our squad capable of providing a bit of fucking joy these days. Sad state of affairs!

He just needs to back Conte, in a sensible way.

Whatever we may want as fans needs to be tempered in reality.

Conte may be one of the best coaches but we ain't the biggest club, are in a sh!tty competition and Covid still rages wild.

Back the manager yes but some reality must be in order.

Back
Top Bottom