Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is also fan safety as well. If the areas aren't cleared properly around the stadium then matches also get called off.

I can't even remember the game now, it was so long ago, but Spurs put out a message to fans asking for volunteers to help clear the snow around the ground once so the game could go ahead, probably 20yrs ago??? On that day there was no issue about the pitch being ready.

Cancelling with roughly 30mins til KO avoids none of that though; you've still got 30k people trudging round that area of Burnley (possibly many of them already in the stadium by then).

surely whoever was travelling to the game has already

can’t believe they have no undersoil heating. It should be requirement for a top flight team. Troglodytes.

All that sweet TV money..... You'd think it should be a directive established between the EPL and the TV companies.... Calling games off must cos them both a fortune!

Cancelling with roughly 30mins til KO avoids none of that though; you've still got 30k people trudging round that area of Burnley (possibly many of them already in the stadium by then).
I don't know mate, I don't know what's specified in the safety agreements of hosting an event with 30k people attending, but I can absolutely confirm that it's part of the equation of calling off a game. In the example I gave it was the only threat to the game being called off, there was no issue with the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom