Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting set of complaints.

Just in case a few facts would be welcome:

1. Burnley have had undersoil heating since 2010 or possibly earlier.
2. It has been switched on since Wednesday.
3. It heats the soil, not the surface, so makes very little difference to snow.
4. The snow was not forecast in anything like that quantity. (If it had been, your team would have set off sooner in order to arrive on time.)
5. There is no advantage to Burnley in postponing the match so our suspended players will be back, because they just miss theWolves match instead. And none of the injured players are in the first XI.
6. The ref makes the decision, not the club.

I do like the idea of pitch covers, though. The question is when to place them and when to lift them? If the match is kicking off at 2 pm, and the snow falls from 12 noon to 2,30, when would be a suitable time to start removing the covers?

As for delaying the match by two or three hours, that's one you need to ask the PL about. Traditionally it has been thought to be unfair on fans to postpone less than an hour from kickoff, but if the majority of fans think that the game should not be postponed until say 3 hours after the kickoff time, then I'm sure it would be considered. I'm not sure all that many fans would be in favour of the idea of hanging around in the snow for 4 hours and then having it postponed, even if sometimes like today the weather would change and the ground become fit. I suspect the police and ground safety might have something to say as well.

I look forward to seeing you at the rearranged match! If it's January night match, we'll try and arrange a minus 7 degree frost. The undersoil heating will be fine, but the players will be bloody cold!
Nice articulate factual and correct post bit wasted on here. Was frustrating to get up there and enter the ground for the game to be postponed but feel it was the right decision - got to see plenty of Burnley players heading to their cars on the way out and they were a thoroughly decent bunch even apologising for the game being off and wishing us a safe journey home

Last time I went to Burnley vs Spurs was April 1978. We lost 2-1.

Has it changed much?
Season 6 No GIF by Friends

Under-soil heating is a method used in various sports stadia (with a grass surface) which heats the underside of the pitch to avoid any elements from bad weather, such as snow and ice, from building up and ultimately helps the club avoid having to postpone any matches.

4. The snow was not forecast in anything like that quantity. (If it had been, your team would have set off sooner in order to arrive on time.)
5. There is no advantage to Burnley in postponing the match so our suspended players will be back, because they just miss theWolves match instead. And none of the injured players are in the first XI.

I do like the idea of pitch covers, though. The question is when to place them and when to lift them? If the match is kicking off at 2 pm, and the snow falls from 12 noon to 2,30, when would be a suitable time to start removing the covers?

As for delaying the match by two or three hours, that's one you need to ask the PL about. Traditionally it has been thought to be unfair on fans to postpone less than an hour from kickoff, but if the majority of fans think that the game should not be postponed until say 3 hours after the kickoff time, then I'm sure it would be considered. I'm not sure all that many fans would be in favour of the idea of hanging around in the snow for 4 hours and then having it postponed, even if sometimes like today the weather would change and the ground become fit. I suspect the police and ground safety might have something to say as well.

I look forward to seeing you at the rearranged match! If it's January night match, we'll try and arrange a minus 7 degree frost. The undersoil heating will be fine, but the players will be bloody cold!

I agree. I think if it was a live fixture on Sky though that more effort and pressure from them would have seen it kick off.

This.

Some of the conspiracy theory shit being peddled here is straight off Twitter and from the twats that are most active on it.

It was fucking throwing it down in Burnley, the under soil heating doesn't have a nuclear fucking reactor and only heats the surface to about 10 degrees to stop the ground freezing.

Physics and geography not strong points amongst some of our fanbase.

Welcome to the Championship.

Good one mate :D

But in all honesty we are more likely to go down if we keep starting with a striker who is able to find a net once in 918 minutes.

This day and form there would surely be number of strikers from championship that would put Kane into his place.

I get that alternatives (basically switching Kane-> Bergwijn/Gil) is not too appealing but I do feel that Kane is killing any kind of team spirit and togetherness.

Keep your match ticket - will be valid for the rearranged fixture and the club are putting on free coaches - didn’t say where about in brum they will pick us up from !!

Keep your match ticket - will be valid for the rearranged fixture and the club are putting on free coaches - didn’t say where about in brum they will pick us up from !!
3 trips to Burnley for the price of 2! Now that’s a Black Friday offer to get you excited…

Mental how the couple travelling from America has gone viral, they've managed to bag loads of free shit in the process, funny thing is Kane offered them some tickets and someone found a Tweet from the same person criticising Kane in the past :D

Mental how the couple travelling from America has gone viral, they've managed to bag loads of free shit in the process, funny thing is Kane offered them some tickets and someone found a Tweet from the same person criticising Kane in the past :D

Good luck to them..... They appear to have taken it all in good spirits from the get-go (saying it was still worth it to have a drink and a knees up with a bunch of the hardcore fans etc.) even though they could have bitched and moaned and stirred up a whinge-storm.

By contrast; some of the morons here would have been yelling "This is not acceptable! ......ENIC out!!!!" even if they were merely traveling from Barnet to a home-game when it got pulled.

Back
Top Bottom