Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and city? Same as yesterday for arse and city?
Eriksen and Mason at the very very least go in for wednesday, which is actually making the team stronger!

I'd have Rose over Davies all day long as well btw, didn't play well last week but still a far more accomplished player than Davies and one of our best last season-that position is his until he turns into Walker.

I don't see Mason as a huge improvement on Alli. If anything, I'd stick with Alli. Mason is coming back from a knock, same with Eriksen. We don't need to rush them, such is the competition for certain positions.

And I won't say again how bad Danny Rose is and will always be defensively at left back. He is a huge liability and cost us the goal when Danny Welbeck beat him. Let that sink in, Danny Fucking Welbeck got the better of him on two or three occasions that game. Had Sanchez been playing on the right that game we could have been buried in about 20 minutes.

hugo
trippier toby jan rose
mason dier
Lamela/N'jie Eriksen Son
Kane

sorry jockmur don't exaggerate my posts or put words in my mouth, where are the 'six changes' I'm making?? I'm suggesting 4 and possibly 5 max if he wants to rest Lamela. Walker is a complete liability as always, I don't think Trippier would necessarily improve this position or make it worse but I couldn't care less which of the two of them is at rb.
Rose, Mason and Eriksen are first 11 players and should be back in regardless of who played yesterday ffs

hugo
trippier toby jan rose
mason dier
Lamela/N'jie Eriksen Son
Kane

sorry jockmur don't exaggerate my posts or put words in my mouth, where are the 'six changes' I'm making?? I'm suggesting 4 and possibly 5 max if he wants to rest Lamela. Walker is a complete liability as always, I don't think Trippier would necessarily improve this position or make it worse but I couldn't care less which of the two of them is at rb.
Rose, Mason and Eriksen are first 11 players and should be back in regardless of who played yesterday ffs

Rose, Mason, Trippier, Dembele, Eriksen and N'Jie.

Those are the 6 changes that you suggested in your original post. By all means, Rotate 1 or 2 positions. But rotating 6 players in, 4 of whom are coming back from injury, against our biggest rivals, in what is the biggest game of our season so far, is just ridiculous.

I would put Trippier and Rose in if possible, Hugo starts forget about Vorm for this game at least, Mason, Eriksen and Dembele would get starts for me too if fit enough and get N'Jie on as well

Don't accuse me of exagerating anything. This is what you said. Word for word.

Am I the only one that thought Walker was fine yesterday?

He made a couple of mistakes. I didn't think it was anything major. I don't particularly remember any moments where he was torn to pieces. I definitely don't think Ben "Defender" Davies is as bad as most people make out either though, so maybe I know fuck all.

I want to see Mason play. He is built for North London Derbies. He's been with the club since he was a little kid, understands the rivalry and plays with passion. Also, he's been in excellent form so far this year. If he's healthy I'd definitely start him next to Dier.

Am I the only one that thought Walker was fine yesterday?

I think Walker has been in decent form this season so far. Trippier looked decent in pre-season but looked a little rusty when he was on the other day. Unless Walker needs to be rested or has a niggling injury, I don't think he should be pulled for this game given its importance which will mean far more to him than it will to new boy Trippier.

I want to see Mason play. He is built for North London Derbies. He's been with the club since he was a little kid, understands the rivalry and plays with passion. Also, he's been in excellent form so far this year. If he's healthy I'd definitely start him next to Dier.

Would you drop Chadli for him, see Son move out left and get Alli in the middle for the start of the game? Or does everyone feel Alli might be a bit fresh in his career for such a huge game?

at least three of those are in our strongest 11 and should start tho, eriksen came on yesterday and should be fit to start, mason supposed to be fine as well and Dembele should get some game time for sure at least as a sub.
Swapping any of our full backs around makes fuck all difference in quality tbh so fresh legs is the only reason for that though I would prefer Rose to Davies.

Walker can play ok for large periods of a game SchmoodSpur then literally pass the ball to an opposing player in our own box(as he did yesterday while he was still admiring himself dispossessing someone) or make a stupid mistake that directly leads to a goal scoring chance.
He quite literally does this EVERY fucking game he plays in, hes completely brainless if he wasn't quick he wouldn't even be a footballer imo.

I think we always look better with Mason on the pitch but kept Alli on due to his recent injury. Hopefully he is fit for Wednesday for at least the bench as I agree with what you say.

at least three of those are in our strongest 11 and should start tho, eriksen came on yesterday and should be fit to start, mason supposed to be fine as well and Dembele should get some game time for sure at least as a sub.
Swapping any of our full backs around makes fuck all difference in quality tbh so fresh legs is the only reason for that though I would prefer Rose to Davies.

Walker can play ok for large periods of a game SchmoodSpur then literally pass the ball to an opposing player in our own box(as he did yesterday while he was still admiring himself dispossessing someone) or make a stupid mistake that directly leads to a goal scoring chance.
He quite literally does this EVERY fucking game he plays in, hes completely brainless if he wasn't quick he wouldn't even be a footballer imo.

I don't see any reason why any of Mason, Eriksen or Dembele should be fit to start, and Dembele wouldn't be near our strongest 11 for me. He's a very nice dribbler, but he lacks end product. Dembele lacks creativity and spark. He has plenty of experience but very little else.

And regardless of whether they are regular members of the starting 11, that would still be 6 changes made from the team that started against palace. I'm not against changes, but 6 is too much. At most, I'd make 2. There is no need to ruin the fluidity of our teams play and the momentum they have built up just because.

I thought Wimmer looked good when he played. I don't see a really big risk replacing Jan with him either. But I fully understand if they don't.

And I won't say again how bad Danny Rose is and will always be defensively at left back. He is a huge liability and cost us the goal when Danny Welbeck beat him. Let that sink in, Danny Fucking Welbeck got the better of him on two or three occasions that game. Had Sanchez been playing on the right that game we could have been buried in about 20 minutes.

Welbeck was like shit off a shovel that game. Was scary. Lucky for us he's not playing.

Unfortunately what it comes down to is that all of our full backs are very similar players and none of them are really any good at defending, so if we come up against a team with quality (or just pace) on the wing it can cause issues.

Rose gets the nod for me because of his goals (including that goal!), his guts and his never say die attitude.
I'm remembering that goal against Chelsea last year where he landed on his head / neck!!

Mason in for the same reason and that Alli will have more of an impact from the bench than the other way round.

Welbeck was like shit off a shovel that game. Was scary. Lucky for us he's not playing.

Unfortunately what it comes down to is that all of our full backs are very similar players and none of them are really any good at defending, so if we come up against a team with quality (or just pace) on the wing it can cause issues.

Rose gets the nod for me because of his goals (including that goal!), his guts and his never say die attitude.
I'm remembering that goal against Chelsea last year where he landed on his head / neck!!

Mason in for the same reason and that Alli will have more of an impact from the bench than the other way round.

Personally I feel Davies offers more defensively. But that is my opinion and of course not everyone will agree. But I can't disagree with what you just said about Mason and Alli, nailed it on the head. I'd also be fine if Chadli was dropped because he has been shit lately. So 2/3 changes and that is all I would go with personally. Don't want to upset the balance too much.

Any talk of Alli not starting this one is bonkers IMO. He looks like he was born to play in games like this. Skill, passion & the needle required when it matters. And they don't matter more than the NLD. My only concern would be him going into turbo beast mode & getting injured or sent off. Mason on the bench if fit, Eriksen in for Chadli. that gives the right mixture of guile, experience, pace & will terrorise their shaky defence I reckon. Dier to just keep doing what he has been doing in front of our back 4. We got this one guys & gals. Then bring on Citeh. Smash the fucking lot of em & keep the positivity going on in here. The Palace thread turned into one of my favourite match threads for a very long time until that Bloggsy cunt piped up. It was a pleasure not seeing melting & cunt offs nor being part of a melt or cunt off.

[formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Alli, Dier, Mason, Son, Kane, Eriksen][/formation]

I don't see Mason as a huge improvement on Alli. If anything, I'd stick with Alli. Mason is coming back from a knock, same with Eriksen. We don't need to rush them, such is the competition for certain positions.

It does not have to be either or. You play both.

And Rose needs to be a winger. He's too chaotic/hot blooded for a back line.

Back
Top Bottom