Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Wimmer looked good when he played. I don't see a really big risk replacing Jan with him either. But I fully understand if they don't.

Wimmer was solid but does anyone else notice he looks relatively fat? Perhaps he's had a few knocks that's not allowing him to train 100%.

Would you drop Chadli for him, see Son move out left and get Alli in the middle for the start of the game? Or does everyone feel Alli might be a bit fresh in his career for such a huge game?
Mason and Dier should be the 2 in front of the back 4.
Based on what we have seen so far, Alli has no fear and that is a good reason to play him. I hope he starts behind Kane in a 3 together with Son and Chadli.

I'm feeling so much more positive about this match, after yesterday's really good performance.

However sweet it would be for our second string or youth team to beat them, I think we should always field our strongest team against those cunts, no matter what the competition is.

I can't wait for Wednesday night and the atmosphere is going to be incredible. COYS!!

Last edited:
Mason and Dier should be the 2 in front of the back 4.
Based on what we have seen so far, Alli has no fear and that is a good reason to play him. I hope he starts behind Kane in a 3 together with Son and Chadli.

You would back Chadli for this game over Lamela who has been playing at a higher level than Chadli this season? Personally I'd enjoy seeing Son start on the left. It's where he got his goal from against Palace and where I feel he will do better. Chadli just doesn't do enough for me personally.

I was super fucking keen to get up at 4:30am on Thursday.

Even more fucking excited that I now have Thursday off from work

excited-baby.gif

A few things..

• Trippier needs to play, Walker had a very poor game yesterday.
  • In terms of dealing with Giroud, I think Fazio is the best option
  • Wimmer has been great every time he's played, considering he's got fresh legs I think he'd be a better option than Jan
  • Davies wasn't great at the weekend, Rose needs a chance to get back into the swing of things
  • Dier has played every game and was visibly tired towards the end yesterday, there's no way he can keep up that standard on Wednesday so i'd give him a rest and give Toby a go in that role.
  • Chadli needs some time on the bench. Townsend has been ok recently and deserves a start.
My team would be:

--------------- Lloris

Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Rose

----- Alderwierald - Mason

----Andros - Eriksen - Son

---------------Kane

Rotation isn't just about concentrating on City, it's about being ready for a game that could easily go 120 minutes and needing some fresh legs.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies, Dier, Alli, Son, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane"][/formation]

Bench: Vorm, Mason, Fazio, Rose, Chadli, Trippier, Clinton

That might be at this particular moment our strongest line up considering injuries/fitness etc.

I also like Son on the right, Lamela in the middle and Eriksen to the left.

You would back Chadli for this game over Lamela who has been playing at a higher level than Chadli this season? Personally I'd enjoy seeing Son start on the left. It's where he got his goal from against Palace and where I feel he will do better. Chadli just doesn't do enough for me personally.
It depends whether Son starts right or left side. If he starts on the right then Chadli, if he starts on the left then Lamela. I think he will start on the right.

A few things..

• Trippier needs to play, Walker had a very poor game yesterday.
  • In terms of dealing with Giroud, I think Fazio is the best option
  • Wimmer has been great every time he's played, considering he's got fresh legs I think he'd be a better option than Jan
  • Davies wasn't great at the weekend, Rose needs a chance to get back into the swing of things
  • Dier has played every game and was visibly tired towards the end yesterday, there's no way he can keep up that standard on Wednesday so i'd give him a rest and give Toby a go in that role.
  • Chadli needs some time on the bench. Townsend has been ok recently and deserves a start.
My team would be:

--------------- Lloris

Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Rose

----- Alderwierald - Mason

----Andros - Eriksen - Son

---------------Kane

Rotation isn't just about concentrating on City, it's about being ready for a game that could easily go 120 minutes and needing some fresh legs.

I reckon if we go with that line up, we will lose. That's far too many changes to the squad and there is far too many average players in there. What happens if Walcott goes up top? Then how the fuck does Fazio do? Trying Toby in midfield? That's a pre season gamble, not a North London Derby gamble. Davies and Walker really weren't as bad as you are suggesting, and I really see no reason to change any of the back 4, other than Rose might be more up for the game than Davies.

As for your Townsend on for Chadli, did you watch us play Qarabag? Andros Townsend wouldn't even get a game for our youth team right now based off of that performance. To suggest he is even an average player is a million miles off the mark. He played 30 good minutes against Sunderland, then reverted to his usual shit.

Back
Top Bottom