Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I found setting group stage records and beating reigning champions in the CL more glorious than beating Leicester in the league cup final in '99.

Trophies are nice, but participation in the CL beats the league cup trophy in pretty much every possible way, imo.

And the probability of getting a top 4 position is higher than that of winning the league cup.
Look, I agree with you that the CL run was glorious. We were the team that lit up what is quite a boring, samey competition. Those nights were superb. But comparing it to Leicester? At least pick something more recent and more relevant, such as Chelsea. I simply don't agree with you that CL qualification is a better shot: we truly have no chance before the new stadium is built and our financial clout far greater. Cups and trophies and winning something is glorious.

Why all this out-pouring of hatred for Fazio?
I'd be more concerned that we don't have suitable back-up for Hugo.
p.s. take a look at Trippier's performance...check out his pass completion rate...clue: it was worse than Fazio's.

I don't think there's hatred for Fazio just an acknowledgement that he's crap unless bullying someone in the air which he did to that wankstain Giroud!

No the hatred is for Pooch whose team selection, including Fazio, let us all down so badly!
:pochbye:

and thought he could scrape one by (which to be fair, he almost did

Do you know what though, really he didn't. First half was very average and we went 1 down. There were no real clear cut chances. We got an own goal and Kane nearly scored a wonder goal, otherwise we were tame.

Excluding the Qarabag game where we got 3 (2 complete gifts and it was 'only' Qarabag), we have 6 goals in 7 games......shite

Sammy, Scott, Eskimo, Simmo etc...
Enjoy being a Spurs fan tonight. It must be lovely to know that you were right again about Spurs . And for one night many people agreed. Your way of supporting your club is different to mine. It was shit. Poch fucked up. Move on.

For perspective Here's our 2010 lineup against the filth. Im upset about the result and I think Lloris playing would've been enough, but Poch isn't the first manager to disrespect the rivalry in a league cup fixture.
Tottenham Hotspur
37Pletikosa
4Caulker
5Bassong
32Assou-Ekotto
16Naughton
8Palacios
30Sandro
14Livermore
35Bentley
17Giovani
9Pavlyuchenko

Substitutes
23Cudicini
3Hutton
8Huddlestone
16Jenad
21Kranjcar
7Lennon
10Keane
Yeah, and we got hammered. Plus that was our season in the CL and that fixture was bookended by two massive CL against Twente and Werder Bremen, and also two league matches against West Ham and Wolves, with all five games played within the space of little over two weeks. So, in that instance we had little choice but to field a weakened side as the alternative could've been earlier ejection from our one and only CL campaign.

Contrast that with the same period around this game. We have one less match, and our two prior matches have been Palace and the massive European powerhouse club Qarabag. Plus the club coming up at the weekend is one at the moment that is currently well ahead of us, which was arguably not the case in 2010. It's just not comparable other than on the most superficial level.

Could Redknapp have put out a stronger side in that game? Yeah, quite possibly, but in doing so it probably would've cost him fitness issues for all the other games, all games that at the time we had an in form squad to have a decent chance of winning. Now it's a different ballpark and how many of us realistically think that we will stand a chance of top four this year based on our form and state of our squad? With that in mind I'd say this time around with of much greater significance as our routes to other forms of success are harder now than they were in 2010.

It was shit. Poch fucked up. Move on.

I will move on when that statement stops being true 80% of the time, and reverses itself to 20% true.

You seem to think that its a one off, thats the difference. This game could not be written off as something else, because it was Woolwich. But we´ve played FAR worse against Leicester and Sunderland this season, and people like you rewrote history and made them out to be glorious hard fought points.

When Pochs failures slap you hard, you get annoyed that you was wrong. Not because Spurs lost, but because "Sammy, Scott, Simmo, Eskimo etc" were right......then you post 15 messages about how you dont care about being right. LOL...its all you bang on about.

Isnt it funny how you now also realise that my views are not in isolation, as the previous myth made out. Some of us had these views last season, but we were more accepting that he needed more time and his squad.

Its not Pochs first season now though and he has sold all the players he "didnt trust"....Levy let him down in the summer (something the uber positive crew also defended, how ironic), but he is, again, failing with what he does have by n large.......tick tock.

Last edited:
Didn't you know that Spammy and his band of Merry Men were the only ones who spotted that we were short of strikers etc.. So their continued campaign of " I told you so's " is more than justified as the rest of us never spotted it..
I guess they all must have had Wi-fi issues after Sunderland, Palace and Qarabag games as I didn't see them very much...
Oh well it's good to know their internet is fine again after the NLD..

They should consider a career as TV pundits as it takes a real special football brain to spot that we needed more options in the transfer window..

Yeah, and we got hammered. Plus that was our season in the CL and that fixture was bookended by two massive CL against Twente and Werder Bremen, and also two league matches against West Ham and Wolves, with all five games played within the space of little over two weeks. So, in that instance we had little choice but to field a weakened side as the alternative could've been earlier ejection from our one and only CL campaign.

Contrast that with the same period around this game. We have one less match, and our two prior matches have been Palace and the massive European powerhouse club Qarabag. Plus the club coming up at the weekend is one at the moment that is currently well ahead of us, which was arguably not the case in 2010. It's just not comparable other than on the most superficial level.

Could Redknapp have put out a stronger side in that game? Yeah, quite possibly, but in doing so it probably would've cost him fitness issues for all the other games, all games that at the time we had an in form squad to have a decent chance of winning. Now it's a different ballpark and how many of us realistically think that we will stand a chance of top four this year based on our form and state of our squad? With that in mind I'd say this time around with of much greater significance as our routes to other forms of success are harder now than they were in 2010.
It does rather put the 2010 team selection into perspective...
But almost 5 years on to the day from that shambles (2 days short) and the pain still hurts, 'cos it's THEM!
The why's and wherefores of each team don't really matter. .. I couldn't have named you that team from 2010 without checking... but the result fucking sticks... and you at least expect those players selected to give a shit!

Proper groundhog day... but without the CL games to look forward to!

I will move on when that statement stops being true 80% of the time, and reverses itself to 20% true.

You seem to think that its a one off, thats the difference. This game could not be written off as something else, because it was Woolwich. But we´ve played FAR worse against Leicester and Sunderland this season, and people like you rewrote history and made them out to be glorious hard fought points.

When Pochs failures slap you hard, you get annoyed that you was wrong. Not because Spurs lost, but because "Sammy, Scott, Simmo, Eskimo etc" were right......then you post 15 messages about how you dont care about being right. LOL...its all you bang on about.

Isnt it funny how you now also realise that my views are not in isolation, as the previous myth made out. Some of us had these views last season, but we were more accepting that he needed more time and his squad.

Its not Pochs first season now though and he has sold all the players he "didnt trust"....Levy let him down in the summer (something the uber positive crew also defended, how ironic), but he is, again, failing with what he does have by n large.......tick tock.
The NLD was a fuck up. Agreed. So people are right to criticise if they think it was a fuck up. It doesn't mean everyone is coming round to your school of thought. You enjoy gloating on a forum when things go wrong rather than expressing your frustration, getting it out of your system & looking forward to the next game. Being "proven right" in personal battles seems more important than the club you support. I don't get it, but each to their own.

The NLD was a fuck up. Agreed. So people are right to criticise if they think it was a fuck up. It doesn't mean everyone is coming round to your school of thought. You enjoy gloating on a forum when things go wrong rather than expressing your frustration, getting it out of your system & looking forward to the next game. Being "proven right" in personal battles seems more important than the club you support. I don't get it, but each to their own.

You are obbsessed with me wanting to be right. If you dont care, then dont care, yet this is your 15th post about someone being right or wrong since yesterday.

You clearly care greatly about it. Stop boring me with it though.

As I said, I couldnt be happier to be wrong about Poch.

You are obbsessed with me wanting to be right. If you dont care, then dont care, yet this is your 15th post about someone being right or wrong since yesterday.
I'm not so obsessed as to count your posts. Having said that, there aren't enough hours in the day to count how many times you repeat yourself. :dembelefingers:

Or maybe just maybe, most of us ALSO knew where we were short but didn't act like spoilt Brats by repeating it 1000 times a day and come out with a ner ner ner ner ner, I told you so every time we lose.

You're fucking kidding right, so it's ok to know we're short and play the martyr, abuse people who are angry and frustrated about it as if you're some kind of better supporter for being apathetic to incompetence and the inevitable suffering of the likes of Wednesday's shit that we put up with? Seems to me there's a complete double standard - as soon as we scrape a shitty 1-0 there are plenty of 'where are the moaners now?' taunts plastered all over the place but, when we're hurt and embarrassed by those cunts up the road it's not ok to vent about the flaws that we all knew were there and Poch in particular for this one.

I hardly think Spurs fans are spoilt, including those that think Poch is average at best and the squad is similar, imbalanced and going to struggle aplenty at times this season. Even Poch doesn't seemed to have learned from last season yet given the fatigue we suffered and what games were 'right' to rotate in a certain way. He's been wrong more times than not in my opinion, substitutions anybody? They've been successful about 3 times in his tenure.

I think there will be as much luck involved in any success as there is in any failure but, injuries and a congested fixture list are part and parcel of any season and nothing new to us yet, after 6weeks we have issues with both already.

Didn't you know that Spammy and his band of Merry Men were the only ones who spotted that we were short of strikers etc.. So their continued campaign of " I told you so's " is more than justified as the rest of us never spotted it..
I guess they all must have had Wi-fi issues after Sunderland, Palace and Qarabag games as I didn't see them very much...
Oh well it's good to know their internet is fine again after the NLD..

They should consider a career as TV pundits as it takes a real special football brain to spot that we needed more options in the transfer window..
It was great when we signed Son, the cunts disappeared for days...

Back
Top Bottom