Carabao Cup Fourth Round - Tottenham Vs Chelsea - Tuesday 29th Sept, 7.45pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huge plus for me was the manner in which the penalties were taken. Assuredly and with aplomb. Never looked like missing one. Massive confidence booster for each taker and the next shootout won't seem half as daunting.
Get the momentum building and Spurs are going to take some beating this season, VAR or no fucking VAR.
COYS
Indeed. Especially given our pen record which was W4 L10 before tonight.

EjHJcBqWoAIHRHi
Even when we've won, Sissoko is trying to trip up Hojbjerg.

Fuck Lampard, what a graceless, smug, entitled wanker he is. How shit must he be to make such an expensive team so very average?

Hope someone wiped Dier's shorts in his face after that interview.

Huge plus for me was the manner in which the penalties were taken. Assuredly and with aplomb. Never looked like missing one. Massive confidence booster for each taker and the next shootout won't seem half as daunting.
Get the momentum building and Spurs are going to take some beating this season, VAR or no fucking VAR.
COYS
Yeah, they were all fucking amazing. So focused.

Back in 1996 I was watching England-Spain in Euro 96 here, Michel (don't know if you remember him, he was a fantastic midfielder for Madrid in the mid 80s to mid 90s) was the pundit on Spanish TV. He made a comment before and then after the penalty shoot out (that Spain lost), that the fitter team almost always won on penalties. It was a brilliant comment, I've applied it to all shoot outs I've seen and I'd say my call "success rate" is about 80%. Wish I was a betting man.

I'd qualify Michel's comments slightly. You also have to factor in the team that has the psychological advantage. In this case, I think we were slightly the fitter and definitely had the psychological advantage. I went for a a tactical fag in the break before the penalties and considered Michel's words. Then my "addendum". I wanted to be be confident but as you all well know, I was terrified of jinxing it...

Me and Michel, bang on the money again. feel free to chip me 10% of your future betting earnings

:levylol:

c23_9a_michel_20200601070526.jpg

Yeah, they were all fucking amazing. So focused.

Back in 1996 I was watching England-Spain in Euro 96 here, Michel (don't know if you remember him, he was a fantastic midfielder for Madrid in the mid 80s to mid 90s) was the pundit on Spanish TV. He made a comment before and then after the penalty shoot out (that Spain lost), that the fitter team almost always won on penalties. It was a brilliant comment, I've applied it to all shoot outs I've seen and I'd say my call "success rate" is about 80%. Wish I was a betting man.

I'd qualify Michel's comments slightly. You also have to factor in the team that has the psychological advantage. In this case, I think we were slightly the fitter and definitely had the psychological advantage. I went for a a tactical fag in the break before the penalties and considered Michel's words. Then my "addendum". I wanted to be be confident but as you all well know, I was terrified of jinxing it...

Me and Michel, bang on the money again. feel free to chip me 10% of your future betting earnings

:levylol:

c23_9a_michel_20200601070526.jpg
Great player, shit club (sorry, I will almost always hate them)
I agree with everything you said, especially mental strength

Back
Top Bottom