Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chuffed with this draw. It's not a group of death as we should have way too much for PSV and Inter (inter are nothing like the side they used to be).

We can beat Madrid, so we can fuck Barca too.

You have to play all the group stage games at one stadium. It can be changed for knockout (although our odds have gone done of making that now). These are all within the rules. Also, this was all confirmed weeks ago.

I read that & then the news came out that we agreed to play either matchday 1 or 2, whichever one is at home at Wembley. As I said we probably will have to but why would the club only confirm 1 game as of yet if there was the possibility of doing otherwise?

Playing all games at Wembley will probably happen but it hasn't been confirmed yet so there must be a chance something might bend.

Just found this link halfway through responding:

Spurs confirm Wembley start for Champions League campaign

The link says the rules are one stadium in principle so they might have found a loophole or sorted a deal etc. It'll probably be a waste of time but not yet confirmed

We got an agreement to play the first game at Wembley but the others are pending at the moment it seems. Nothing's been confirmed yet but it wouldn't surprise me
Actually, you're right. I can't find any rule about one stadium in the Regulations. The applicable rules are:

to stage each match in the competition in a stadium meeting the structural criteria of the stadium category required by Paragraph 29.01;

And

Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the following categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations: a. category 2 for the preliminary round, first and second qualifying rounds; b. category 3 for the third qualifying round; c. category 4 from the play-offs to the semi-finals

EDIT: Fuck it I was right the following is relevant:

In principle, a club must play all its matches in the competition at one and the same venue. As of the play-offs the venue can be changed only based on a UEFA decision. A venue may be the ground of the home club or another ground in the same or another city within the territory of its association. Exceptionally the UEFA administration may accept a venue in the territory of another UEFA member association if no other suitable venue is available on the home territory. In principle, match venues are approved only if direct international flights and/or charter flights are able to land within an acceptable distance of the venue, in the country of the club concerned. All match venues are subject to the approval of the UEFA administration.

Although as with most football rules there is a discretion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom