Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We lost at Chelsea. Average performances under the circumstances, let down by a couple of clown shoe moments. A win at the weekend and finishing the job against Dortmund and the world will start to look ok again.

Biggest concern for me is that we haven't looked on top form for a while in the League - grinding out late winners, but rarely smashing it up.
That is the concern, we smashed Everton and Bournemouth after getting beat by Wolves, then we lost AT HOME to United, and then we have scraped wins left, right and centre, and now it's starting to show it.

What gets me most and a lot does, is that posters on here think bemoaning the impact of the loss on Saturday was OTT.

You could see the outcome today before it happened, even more so when Chelsea lost.

We are MENTALLY WEAK. Why and where that stems from I don't know but if we fail to secure top 4 there will be a whole range of repercussions.

If Pocheetino stays,, and he won't be going to United, he needs to really take a proper look at what type of player he brings in.

We lack leadership on the pitch but we are in danger of looking like we lack leadership off it.

Pochettino needs to sort it and himself.

Last edited:
We’re not good to watch and that’s what’s sad.....don’t know why Poch fucked up a good formular to play this “elite” patient game shite.

We aren’t Man City, and he’s not Pep. It doesn’t work for us.

That was extremely painful.

Worst part is that, regrettably, I reckon I'm done with this forum... for a while at least.

I've seen an influx of new posters, the most positive thing of which i can say is that I'm glad they are frothing their drivel on their keyboards rather than at the games, because they would turn the atmosphere toxic.

7 years I've been posting here for and in that time, give or take, this is overall the best team we've had. But currently this is the worst and most negative the forum has been.

There is no mutual love anymore just bile, egotism and relentless negativity.

RIP TFC

No investment in the squad for over a year is now hurting us.

Look at our bench tonight, only two attacking options. The constant rotation of our back line ( injuries aside) is also not helping.

Then we have two of our attacking players in Eriksen and Lamela not turning up again.

The only bright spot tonight was Sanchez.

Every team will be fancing their chances against us now.

This could get worse for us.

Saturdays game has suddenly become massive..... For all the wrong reasons....

Woolwich flying....... Us imploding... .. Its a friggin joke.......

No fight tonight...... So so sloppy.....

First time in a few years where I'm dreading the NLD

Nah, we'll beat them.

Those cunts will buckle.

Current form suggests otherwise. They know they were down and out from top 4 a few weeks ago and we were talking about a title challenge. They have nothing to lose and will come for us. The way we are at the back. I worry. No shots on target and defending like that

Still, it's all about the new stadium, we can't hope to compete until yadda yadda yadda...

Let's not forget if Arsen*l turn us over on Saturday they'll be a point behind us. Yet some fancy-bearded kale-bothering cunt thought it would be #TOPBANTZ to put "Mind the Gap" in the tiles in front of the urinals in the posh khazis.

We do it to ourselves we do. Us and no one else

Last edited:
There’s no excuse for ever playing a backpass without looking up to see where your keeper is. Quite simply not doing the fundamentals you learnt as a kid.

Rose showed more fight in one passage of play than most did in 90 mins. Too many heads in hands when we concede/lose, feeling sorry for ourselves far too often.

Back
Top Bottom