Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It isn't fatigue. So how the fuck after 4 league wins in a row, a great night against dortmund, do we produce two games like that?!
Something must have happened to the team when Poch started Kane prematurely in that Burnley game

I don't think any of the full backs we have are good enough to actually start for us and it's a big problem. The rest of our starting eleven is just usually so good that it's skipped over.

I think there's more to it than that. We've fought this season, scrapped, yet never once have we gone on a sustained run that makes us look like doing anything. We've got a lot of wins, yet when had we last this many games with 10 matches left? There has been in all honesty little overall progress and that's because for everyone who has stepped up, someone else has been the weak link.

The simple fact is this, out of the goalkeeper and back 4 tonight, the only one I want to see as a starter next season is Dav.

John Thomas...

Doesn't post for 10 days, turns up to gloat after the Burnley loss...

...Doesn't post for 3 days, turns up to gloat after the Chelsea loss...

Parasite.
Odd post.
I haven't gloated anywhere. But unlike many others I'm just not gonna start shitting all over our manager, players and other forum members as our season so predictably starts to fizzle out.

There's no parasites on here. Just a lot of disillusioned supporters. Many of whom saw this kind of run coming.

Most clubs don't "win something". Hardly any clubs win anything. It could well be City winning everything this year.
Very true but you have to show some ambition like the Scousers did to try and compete to want to win...we start every season knowing out club does not really want to win as they don't act like any other club that tries to win...wd are being sold a load of bullshit by levy so he can make even more money from his stadium...good luck with that levy

I don't think the nothing in the tank line can explain that to be honest, most of that Chelsea team played 120 minutes on Sunday and they were first to everything tonight.

Chelsea played Sunday for 120 mins. They were in disarray.

We just rolled over.

You just wonder about our players and to some extent Pochettino.

He fcuked up on Saturday with his team selection and tonight is a knock-on consequence.

United would not touch him with a barge pole and fcuk me and right now I am just disgusted.

Useless performance.
There are no words......
What is it about this club that cannot reach out and grab opportunities when they're there for the taking...... We just can't do it.......
Chelsea in disarray before tonight and we pretty much gift them a 2 goal victory by mistakes and the fact that none of our players turned up....
I fear the worst for Saturday..... I'm going but it could be terrible.....
Pretty much all of this...
Chelsea were a mess going into this game... everything was against them...
Player mutiny, 120 minutes of football on WEMBLEYS BIG SAPPING PITCH, PLUS a penalty shoot out defeat to boot... in ANY NORMAL footballing scenario, they (or should I say WE) would've stuck to the script and crumbled in the face of such a negative weekend...

Yet somehow, Dr Tottenham swings by to the rescue again... JUST when you thought he'd been struck off!!

2nd half was shocking don’t think we will miss eriksen if he keeps playing like that and moura laughing and joking with Willian at the final whistle can fuck off.
Real chance of this season turning proper moody next 2 games kind of important!

If football was a game where you attacked quickly to a position 30 yards from your opponents goal, then go sideways for a while before going backwards, we'd be fucking champions of everything.

What gets me most and a lot does, is that posters on here think bemoaning the impact of the loss on Saturday was OTT.

You could see the outcome today before it happened, even more so when Chelsea losr.

We are MENTALLY WEAK. Why aand where that stems from I don't know but if we fail to secure top 4 there will be a whole range of repercussions.

If Pocheetino stays,, and he won't be going to United, he needs to really take a proper look at what type of player he brings in.

We lack leadership on the pitch but we are in danger of looking like we lack leadership off it.

Pochettino needs to sort it and himself.
Poch is hamstrung by Levy. I don't think any manager could do much better with this squad

That Trippier og was SO bad, I'd almost swear it was deliberate!

When has ANYONE ever scored an og like that against US...? I DREAM of such luck, let alone in a MASSIVE London Derby like that!

Well... Poch's pre-match 'team talk' did the trick... we're NOT good enough to win the league, and now we've just proved it beyond doubt to the world!

We need a winners mentality to course through our veins... unfortunately, we've embraced the 'Spursy' mentality instead.

It was trip/Hugo, Toby/Hugo double acts of calamity. Two nightmare for nethercott moments!!

That was extremely painful.

Worst part is that, regrettably, I reckon I'm done with this forum... for a while at least.

I've seen an influx of new posters, the most positive thing of which i can say is that I'm glad they are frothing their drivel on their keyboards rather than at the games, because they would turn the atmosphere toxic.

7 years I've been posting here for and in that time, give or take, this is overall the best team we've had. But currently this is the worst and most negative the forum has been.

There is no mutual love anymore just bile, egotism and relentless negativity.

RIP TFC

Forums been a joke for a while but it’s a bit weird to pick this cunt of a game to complain about people being negative. What did you expect tonighy

Very true but you have to show some ambition like the Scousers did to try and compete to want to win...we start every season knowing out club does not really want to win as they don't act like any other club that tries to win...wd are being sold a load of bullshit by levy so he can make even more money from his stadium...good luck with that levy
I'm not really interested to be honest, pretty much all of that is bollocks. Tell it to somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom