Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bayern Munich illustrating at Stamford Bridge, how utterly shit the Chavs are. Fuck, we were pathetic there on Saturday.
They’ve been in horrendous form for months and devoid of confidence.

The exact tonic they needed was a passive Spurs team who were setup in terms of both selection and tactics to believe they were inferior.

It was a big mistake.

Bayern Munich illustrating at Stamford Bridge, how utterly shit the Chavs are. Fuck, we were pathetic there on Saturday.
Just saw the JM IV where he says we did not have an out ball [because we didn't have a 9].
Why didn't you have one on the bench even, Jose?

They’ve been in horrendous form for months and devoid of confidence.

The exact tonic they needed was a passive Spurs team who were setup in terms of both selection and tactics to believe they were inferior.

It was a big mistake.

So Poch set up with tactics that were inferior? I can't recall our set up for that game so if you could refresh my memory I'd appreciate it GDG

So Poch set up with tactics that were inferior? I can't recall our set up for that game so if you could refresh my memory I'd appreciate it GDG
Why are you referencing Poch?

If you believe the tactical setup and team selection on Saturday was correct, more power to you. You’re wrong but who am I to rain on your parade?!

Why are you referencing Poch?

If you believe the tactical setup and team selection on Saturday was correct, more power to you. You’re wrong but who am I to rain on your parade?!

Aah I see, I read it as you speaking about Bayern before they played us, not Chelsea hence my reference to Poch and the confusion about your post. All good mate, nothing rained on I just couldn't remember our tactical set up for that one but it's irrelevant as you weren't speaking about the Spurs Vs Bayern game, all good.

This business of Jose moaning - or “just stating facts”.. what do you think that does to the players, what do they think when they hear that? Probably they think that it’s not worth trying, apparently we’re fucked anyway......?
Often, in sport as in life, it’s attitude that makes the difference.

Gun with no bullets. May as well call the players shit to their faces. Maybe it's the person holding the gun

Remember..... we played 3 games in 6 days, a few of which played a full 90 minutes in 6 days:

"There were a few reasons why we couldn’t reproduce that outcome. The first is that this style is high-octane stuff and that amount of energy being used twice in four days seemed beyond us, understandably. Try watching Liverpool these days and remember their old heavy metal high-energy style. They don’t do it nearly as much now; it is too exhausting if done too often."

Thoughts on how this may have and probably was a far greater factor for us seeing as we had to muster 33% more out of our boys legs than Chelsea had to given the extra game with just 2 days of recovery involved? Safe to say that the Aston Villa game was pretty high octane stuff.... did it and the duration between games as well as a key London Derby mean we should approach it in a somewhat conservative manner? I mean he is an ex professional footballer so he should know the issues with playing multiple games every two days right?

Last edited:
It's been on the cards for a while. King, Lamela, Wanyama is there another team that gets hammer blow injuries that alter a players career so frequently as we do?

I just meant a 'skip training; just play if you can' approach to his game-time.

Our luck sucks tho', yes.....

Back
Top Bottom