Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur - 'The Mind Series' - 19.45 Wednesday 4 August

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spirited 2nd half performance, ok so they made wholesale changes, but they also started the game with a much stronger 11 than us.

At least we didn't get embarrassed and ruined the evening for a few of their arrogant fans.

Can't stand the cunts, just a shame we didn't injure a few of them

Gollini
Doherty (Aurier 80), Tanganga, Dier, Reguilon (Davies 73)
Hojbjerg (Winks 45), Skipp, Dele
Moura, Son, Bergwijn (Scarlett 80)​

2-2 is a decent result, even if play wasn't great

Preseason and all that but still glad we didn’t lose to those fucks.

As much as I hate derbies in preseason, this probably helped Nuno a lot more than the previous 3 matches.

Much better second half than first. But when they had something like their strongest team out they were clearly on a completely different level.

Gollini looked very solid and played well. Not too much to shout about otherwise. But at one point I thought we might be end of a pumping, so fair play for hanging in there and getting a respectable draw from the game.

From the bits and piece I saw, we played much better in the second half. Kante going off was a big help, obviously, but we won that half well and I'm slightly worried Levy could see Scarlett as a replacement for Kane this season... Calm down, son!

Lucas is like a new signing! Bergwijn was a bit lucky, but he made his luck, so more of that, please. Dele was either too timid or not smart enough to avoid the double-up. Dier had a brain fart, but not at fault for goals, AFAICT.

Sissoko not playing was like a new signing, too. WInks, I can handle him playing if he's used that way and does it well.

Gollini is a great signing. I don't fear Lloris leaving now, knowing this guy is his understudy. I do hope he stays another season at least, though.

One thing is for sure, if Kane does go, we're really going to need Vlahovic.

Skipp is gonna have a great season.

Really like that performance from Gollini. Thought Dier was good too, he's fine to have around as 4th choice.

The main issues are:
- Doherty being a starter. Not good enough, hopefully Tomiyasu replaces him. Aurier needs to go but even he is well clear of Doc.
- Dele is rubbish. Ndombele is an absent prick so our only hope is Gio. Skipp Gio and PEH could be decent.

Add Tomiyasu, Romero, Gio and Kane to that team today and we probably look decent.

Sadly the squad is very disrupted so I think it will be a good few weeks before Dele and Doherty are phased out and Kane (or Vlahovic) are integrated. Hopefully there's not too much damage done before then.

Gollini
Doherty (Aurier 80), Tanganga, Dier, Reguilon (Davies 73)
Hojbjerg (Winks 45), Skipp, Dele
Moura, Son, Bergwijn (Scarlett 80)​

2-2 is a decent result, even if play wasn't great
They keep their first 11 on and our ring would never have recovered from the brutal pounding it would have gotten.

Preseason and all that but still glad we didn’t lose to those fucks.

As much as I hate derbies in preseason, this probably helped Nuno a lot more than the previous 3 matches.
Could have easily backfired though, this mini tournament was a bad idea. To much bad blood between the clubs, could easily end up with some heavy tackles/injuries.

I do agree though that will be good for the fitness and a lot better than a game against the Leyton Orients of this world.

This Chelsea side are 1 big Kante injury away from scrapping about for top 6.

I can't really read too much into it

Got battered 1st half when they had their 1st XI and then as they made more changes we got better.

Saying that I wouldn't call our team 'our XI' . Encouraging comeback although not against the best opposition.
I fear that until we get most of our squad back and hopefully a few more signings we can't expect too much.

Back
Top Bottom