Chelsea vs Barça

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

emperor said:
sammyspurs said:
emperor said:
Bollocks.
We never sat back to the extent Chelski did - and that's before cuntface got sent off.
Plus, Barca had far more chances and deserved to go through 10x more than Milan ever did.

Barca deserved fuck all, as they scored less goals. Thats football.

Well, with logic like that who can argue?

You're not 'Arry by any chance are you?

Well I dont see anyone defending Harry or THFC when we lose a game despite having 45 shots on target.....do you?

I'm think I'm going to need a break from football at some point, from 2-0 up at the Emirates I honestly don't think the season could have gone ANY worse.

Deep breath.

My issue is with the word deserved. If we won a game 1-0 courtesy of a solitary long punt upfield whereas the oppostion had 45 shots on target I wouldn't say the victory was merited. But hey, that's me.

I'm now having to support Real Madrid, if they don't happen to fuck it up. Seems the footballing Gods want to put Jose up against his former club for one of those 'ironic' moments in football.

Thelonious said:
Huddlestone is getting dogs abuse for being at the game. :hudd:
Saw from Jordan Archer (our GK on loan at Bishops Stortford)
"@Jordan_Archer: @TomHuddlestone6 better from you going to the game.."How's the side vols coming along? Weaker foot aswell?"

Can't work out if that's a dig or friendly banter? The in-fighting has spread to the reserves and U18's :bentley:

emperor said:
Deep breath.

My issue is with the word deserved. If we won a game 1-0 courtesy of a solitary long punt upfield whereas the oppostion had 45 shots on target I wouldn't say the victory was merited. But hey, that's me.

And like I said, nobody is defending Spurs for continuously losing games we "didnt deserve to lose" when we have dominated shots and possession. We are getting slated for not converting our chances and losing to lesser teams.

And rightly so. Same with Barca. They were not unlucky, they were wasteful and had no plan b.....sound familiar?

sammyspurs said:
emperor said:
Bollocks.
We never sat back to the extent Chelski did - and that's before cuntface got sent off.
Plus, Barca had far more chances and deserved to go through 10x more than Milan ever did.

Did Stoke 'deserve' to beat us earlier this season?....

Thelonious said:
Huddlestone is getting dogs abuse for being at the game. :hudd:

Don't see the problem, not like he'll be in training tomorrow and better that he actually watches football rather than some players who don't care unless they are picking up $$$

Blanchflower said:
sammyspurs said:
emperor said:
Bollocks.

Did Stoke 'deserve' to beat us earlier this season?....

Look Im not saying Chelsea were wonderful or anything. But comparing to Stoke, well, Barca were not exactly cheated by the ref like we were, so no Stoke did not deserve to win that game.

Regarding last nights game:

Over 180 minutes of football, Chelsea scored more goals than Barca. They won the first leg, and drew the 2nd, away with ten men.
I dont think they are a better footballing side, or a great side, and I despise them, and think their fans are scum.....but, they deserved to go through based on the fact that they took their chances, and Barca wasted theirs.

When teams play The Scum, and Wenger calls them rugby teams, and moans like the cunt he is about anti football and such like, I find it laughable. Should an inferior team try to play them at their own game, and go head to head and try and outplay them......and get battered 6-0?

A lesser team has to play to its strengths....and if the so called superior team cant find a way to overcome that, then tuff titty.

sammyspurs said:
Look Im not saying Chelsea were wonderful or anything. But comparing to Stoke, well, Barca were not exactly cheated by the ref like we were, so no Stoke did not deserve to win that game.

Regarding last nights game:

Over 180 minutes of football, Chelsea scored more goals than Barca. They won the first leg, and drew the 2nd, away with ten men.
I dont think they are a better footballing side, or a great side, and I despise them, and think their fans are scum.....but, they deserved to go through based on the fact that they took their chances, and Barca wasted theirs.

When teams play The Scum, and Wenger calls them rugby teams, and moans like the cunt he is about anti football and such like, I find it laughable. Should an inferior team try to play them at their own game, and go head to head and try and outplay them......and get battered 6-0?

A lesser team has to play to its strengths....and if the so called superior team cant find a way to overcome that, then tuff titty.

'Inferior' teams with 'inferior' players like Norwich and Swansea have disproved your point entirely - there is no reason to play like Chelsea did yesterday, other teams in La Liga that get results against them don't play like that.

If you can only win playing like Chelsea did, really what's the point anyway?.....you are cheating yourselves as well as everyone else in the end.

I just wonder if the Chelsea players who were involved in the game we were accused of 'parking the bus' were as proud of themselves last night as they were disappointed with us - this despite, at the time, our team being far inferior to Chelsea's?

Theoretical question:

IF Chelsea win, would any team have to go throw the qualifiers? IE would 3rd place now have to qualify?

Back
Top Bottom