Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not feeling optimistic at all for this one. I managed to step in a pile of shit that looked like it had been left by Godzilla within 30 seconds of leaving the house this morning, and my day hasn't got much better since. For the love of God have mercy on me, Spurs.

For me it's not cause we lost against the Gooners , its just football in general at the minute - I used to get such a buzz when we scored , now i'm scared to celebrate in case VAR decides the wind blew Sonnys Barnet offside!
I just feel like all the joy is being taken away from Football at the minute by Shitty refs and VAR!
I think nail and head are appropriate here!

The whole point of VAR was to eradicate the post match fuming from fans, of dodgy decisions, made by a blind ref, going the other way...
But the ire and frustration hasn't gone away, if anything, it's worse, because apparently there's no room for debate! But if it's still a wrong call, it's still wrong!

Where was VAR/goal line tech when Pedro Mendes needed it?

...yet apparently only good enough for the Farmers League!

WE broke him!

Not feeling optimistic at all for this one. I managed to step in a pile of shit that looked like it had been left by Godzilla within 30 seconds of leaving the house this morning, and my day hasn't got much better since. For the love of God have mercy on me, Spurs.
That's fine, better than fine in fact...

'cos in Japan it's seen as **lucky, so you're OK!!!

EDIT: ** Sorry, I meant DELICACY!

For me it's not cause we lost against the Gooners , its just football in general at the minute - I used to get such a buzz when we scored , now i'm scared to celebrate in case VAR decides the wind blew Sonnys Barnet offside!
I just feel like all the joy is being taken away from Football at the minute by Shitty refs and VAR!

I can sympathise with that to an extent. I’m not as rabid as I used to be. Age maybe? The gulf between us and the league winners? Dunno.

As for the VAR thing, each to their own. I screamed the place down when Micky scored at the weekend. Honestly have no clue how anyone could not have. My brain doesn’t work fast enough maybe. Ball hit the net, large chap roars. If I’d had a cat, I’d have Zouma’d fuck out of it when the check came back, but still celebrated at the time.

But it’s Chelsea away tonight mate. Even if we were 14th and then 12th, I’d always be up for this.

I don’t think negativity is a bad thing. One of the good things about a reasonably lawless internet forum is it can help recreate the more visceral aspects of supporting a football team. A genuine and authentic reaction to a side like Spurs is to spend half your time fucking irritated with them. Someone on SC once described Fighting Cock as ‘like a pub where everyone screams cunt at each other’.

And he said that like it was a bad thing.

I draw the line at match threads. I treat them as a similar experience; you support the team.

But, outside of that, being fucking annoyed is not only entirely valid but, I’d argue in a week like this, more reasonable.

Of course I’ll be shouting at the TV tonight. What I would say is that, in my current mood, it’s born more out of my hatred of the Chavs.

CUNT! Sorry.

There’s nothing wrong with negativity. And it’s mostly with foundation on here. But it’s also mostly repetitive. I found it tough to take positives from the weekend for example. Landed on the ref and VAR being cunts.

But the constant nature of some posters this past few days has irked me. I should probably just be a grown up and ignore it. Or use the ignore function. But I’m a child when it comes to Spurs. And whilst I have a number of posters on ignore, there are others this week that I generally enjoy reading, so don’t want to hit the button for everyone that winds me up.

However, me moaning about cunts being constantly negative is leading to me being constantly negative about the aforementioned cunts, so I’ll shut my face now. Hope you enjoy the match tonight.

It's not good for Postecogkou to talk about Romero's passion as though all players can emulate that show of commitment.

Sure, say he gives everything but was Romero not part of a defence that conceded twice from corners?

It would be like comparing Postecoglou to Klopp.

Fat better to talk of optimum performances or whatever, than to start singling out effort. Sure way for players to start thinking who is it that the manager doesn't think is pulling his weight.

Slippery slope, which also fails to take responsibility.

You are obsessed

This post is why you need to be careful going round wily nilly telling people who can and can’t call themselves a Spurs fan…

Couldn’t agree more. If there was something to win riding on it, probably more people feeling this way would put themselves through it but there isn’t.
TBF, even if there was something riding on it, I still couldn't watch it.
But I do get where AberdeenYid AberdeenYid is coming from too.

So predication for tonight.

With both teams having a poor season, it'll come down to who wants it most. Following the events at our place last November, there's little doubt who should be most motivated the claim the 3 points to set the record straight.

Add to that Chavs cripplingy long injury list and I can only see one outcome

Chelsea 1 Spurs 3

:smesh:

Why do I need to complain?
If you don't want to see moaning/complaining about the club it seems you have three options.

1) go crying to admin and see if he'll support you.
2) go join a different forum.
3) use the ignore function.

Any other option is just you trolling people who are fed up with the state of things.

Hopefully it was your left foot in which case we win 3 nil , if it was your right foot we lose 3 nil and you catch your wife in bed with John Terry . Don’t blame me I never invented the lucky left foot , unlucky right foot superstition .

If you don't want to see moaning/complaining about the club it seems you have three options.

Any other option is just you trolling people who are fed up with the state of things.

Who says I'm complaining?

Madam, I may be very one eyed when it comes to my opinions, but I can tell the difference between someone who would watch if they could and someone who won’t when they can. I’ve never met you, but hopefully know you well enough from on here that you are certainly the former.

I don’t watch the entirety of every match every season, as I’ve a life outside of the club. But if I have the opportunity to go to a match in person, or watch in tv, I’m taking that chance.

Don’t get anyone who would come on here and post that they won’t be watching. Attention seeking twattery. Which works, as it’s got us all talking about it.
I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, and I know exactly what you mean about some on here appearing to want us not to succeed so they can be proven right.
I think most of us go into the world of 'I'm not doing this anymore' after a loss, especially against that lot down the road. But after the initial anger and hurt, we go again and hope for a good performance and result.

If you don't want to see people being positive and supporting the team, it seems you have three options.

1) Go crying to admin and see if he'll support you.
2) Go join a different forum.
3) Use the ignore function.

Any other option is just you trolling people who are fed up with negative naysayers and their pathetic agendas.

:tanguythumb:

If you don't want to see people being positive and supporting the team, it seems you have three options.

1) Go crying to admin and see if he'll support you.
2) Go join a different forum.
3) Use the ignore function.

Any other option is just you trolling people who are fed up with negative naysayers and their pathetic agendas.

:tanguythumb:

GJSVSxUXwAAczDH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom