Chicago Fire Friendly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

InTheCity InTheCity sorry I missed you, ended up at the supporter's match early and then it was a whirlwhind from there. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Some idiot in an Ozil shirt sat behind me in the Spurs section thinking it was totally ok. A couple of us had to yell at him until security put him somewhere else. there was one Spurs fan trying to come to this asshole's defense saying " lets be good hosts." Sometimes Americans bother me too.

Overall though I was so happy to see Yids from all over the country. I hope you guys enjoyed Chicago and what we do here. :adethumbup:

Your lot were pure class, shame NY Spurs weren't that loud ;)

Man, we seem to be chocka block full with extremely fast English wide players. Lennon, Townsend, Walker, Rose. Do you guys think that Fredericks can make it though?
I think so, he's been impressive when he's play, won a penalty in a Europa game last season.
He could be back-up/rotation for Walker but that depends on how highly Naughton is rated. I actually think Naughton is better at passing/crossing than all our full backs tbh.

...this was the lowest quality match of the US tour, by far - Mason and Walker looked much improved - Townsend was poor, and Kane wouldn't pull the trigger...
COYS

Wow what a night that was

Met InTheCity InTheCity and ILSpur ILSpur two great fellas amongst the truly magnificent spurs support, loudest on tour so far, we also filled most of the rest of the stadium too, every Yid I have met from Boston to Carolina this weekend has impressed me, makes you proud to be spurs, the numbers keep going up even since Bale and Dempsey left, JDK JDK where were you sat?

As for the game, not amazing but what I can glean from the training session and the game is that Poch has his formation and keeps mixing up the personnel at this stage so going to take time, with 8 or 9 to come back he has a job on his hands, we HAVE to be patient you can tell he is no mug

Eriksen was quiet, but was at training too, Lennon a moody bastard whenever we saw him at 26 he needs to know this is his chance, Daws still has a role to play, Lamela class is coming, and thank god for Ben Davies

The future looks much better
Absolute pleasure, Mensa Mensa and ILSpur ILSpur

The support was absolutely mental last night. I just hope that showed through on the TV. I have absolutely no voice this morning and I wouldn't have it any other way. This was my first time hanging with other spurs supporters outside of Nashville and I met Spurs from all over the US and from Germany, Malaysia, Mexico, Scotland, and England. Not a single asshole in the bunch. Class bunch we've got here...with the exception of a few of you assholes on here ;)

And the quality of play was indeed not the best, but I look at these friendlies as a chance to build up match fitness and for the manager and coaches to learn some things about the squad. I'm not too worried about what I saw.

Wasn't able to see the game, but watching the goals and scrolling through reports on twitter is giving me the new season penis tingle. Despite the shitness of last season it's back and stronger than ever!

Great ball by Soldado.

VacantNecessaryGazelle.gif

Last edited:
Lovely one-touch movement between Soldado and Lennon there. I was too tired to appreciate it at the time, but if that sort of thing happened in the league I'd go bat shit crazy.

Lovely one-touch movement between Soldado and Lennon there. I was too tired to appreciate it at the time, but if that sort of thing happened in the league I'd go bat shit crazy.

I don't think I noticed that play at all cause I was so tired. Only remember seeing the miss from the defender and the goal itself live, wonder where the fuck my mind was during!

Yeah the game had almost bored me to sleep at that point and I remember thinking Lennon had just sprinted onto the end of a goal kick or something. I was surprised to see how intricate the buildup was upon closer inspection.

Wow what a night that was

Met InTheCity InTheCity and ILSpur ILSpur two great fellas amongst the truly magnificent spurs support, loudest on tour so far, we also filled most of the rest of the stadium too, every Yid I have met from Boston to Carolina this weekend has impressed me, makes you proud to be spurs, the numbers keep going up even since Bale and Dempsey left, JDK JDK where were you sat?

As for the game, not amazing but what I can glean from the training session and the game is that Poch has his formation and keeps mixing up the personnel at this stage so going to take time, with 8 or 9 to come back he has a job on his hands, we HAVE to be patient you can tell he is no mug

Eriksen was quiet, but was at training too, Lennon a moody bastard whenever we saw him at 26 he needs to know this is his chance, Daws still has a role to play, Lamela class is coming, and thank god for Ben Davies

The future looks much better

It looked like a blast over in the supporters section. I wish I could have been with the group and everyone. Since I'm headed out to London for the year in just about two months I decided to go to the game with my family. My Dad is a big football fan and my brothers tagged along so it was an enjoyable night. I was on the same side as the supporters section but far down on the opposite end of the pitch. If it was an American football field I guess you'd say I was on the thirty yard line.

Chicago is without doubt the capital of the American Spurs fanbase. Glad it seems they did themselves proud at the match, and that even an expat Spurs fan was impressed. Great stuff.

If anyone digs up an extended highlights vid, I'll be happy to reward you with a vid my guh took at the Roots last night. If that's not your thing, I'm sure I could come up with something else...

From the Spurs Vine page, check out the front row, my wasted football team taking great delight wrapping up one of the boys in streamers - was a carnival atmosphere! loved it

T
Absolute pleasure, Mensa Mensa and ILSpur ILSpur

The support was absolutely mental last night. I just hope that showed through on the TV. I have absolutely no voice this morning and I wouldn't have it any other way. This was my first time hanging with other spurs supporters outside of Nashville and I met Spurs from all over the US and from Germany, Malaysia, Mexico, Scotland, and England. Not a single asshole in the bunch. Class bunch we've got here...

Great to meet both of you guys last night and thanks to you guys and your section for leading most of the noise last night. I wasn't too sure what to expect last night, but I was impressed by the turnout and the quality of fans that were there. It was a great time that I won't soon forget, and I got a couple of good videos that I will try to upload.

T

Great to meet both of you guys last night and thanks to you guys and your section for leading most of the noise last night. I wasn't too sure what to expect last night, but I was impressed by the turnout and the quality of fans that were there. It was a great time that I won't soon forget, and I got a couple of good videos that I will try to upload.
Would love to see the videos.

Finally managed to watch some highlights - Lamela looked very dangerous on the run

Can't wait for this season to start - fell he'd be like a new signing for us

COYS

Back
Top Bottom