Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Carroll going on loan, if to a prem team who plays him, makes a lot of sense. I say this because I rate him not because I don't. I think he needs experience is all, and both Holtby and Erikson, though young as well, both have that. The prem league loans for Walker, Naughton, Rose and Townsend all did them the world of good.

I think Carroll going on loan, if to a prem team who plays him, makes a lot of sense. I say this because I rate him not because I don't. I think he needs experience is all, and both Holtby and Erikson, though young as well, both have that. The prem league loans for Walker, Naughton, Rose and Townsend all did them the world of good.

Has Carroll played 90 minutes with the first team before? Regardless, he made himself a strong case to pick up a full Prem loan tonight. Very sharp in his decision-making, kept the ball moving extremely well, didn't concede the ball in the middle, and pushed the ball frequently through the middle towards more advanced players (get in there son, fuck the semicircle attack). Very impressed with him tonight.

Has Carroll played 90 minutes with the first team before? Regardless, he made himself a strong case to pick up a full Prem loan tonight. Very sharp in his decision-making, kept the ball moving extremely well, didn't concede the ball in the middle, and pushed the ball frequently through the middle towards more advanced players (get in there son, fuck the semicircle attack). Very impressed with him tonight.
Agreed. It was nice to see such a forward looking player. After watching the likes of Parker, Jenas, and others, I can't stand to watch more running in circles or backwards passing anymore from our midfielders. I'd love to see him stay in the squad and get some more quality runs out, but I just don't see how he's going to get the experience he needs, especially if Lamela and Eriksen truly will be finalized soon.

Agreed. It was nice to see such a forward looking player. After watching the likes of Parker, Jenas, and others, I can't stand to watch more running in circles or backwards passing anymore from our midfielders. I'd love to see him stay in the squad and get some more quality runs out, but I just don't see how he's going to get the experience he needs, especially if Lamela and Eriksen truly will be finalized soon.

Absolutely. A) Our frequency of backpasses last season was just nauseating. Good to see Carroll pick up his head to have a look before he receives the ball, and thus go after the space or his player on the move. Is a rare trait for a player of his frame. B) Yeah, unfortunately for him to develop he's got to go out. However, if no top flight clubs come in for him, I'd prefer we keep him.

Atouba: Gday mate. I hear Spurs are linked with Eriksen. Is he any good? I read that he didnt have a good season last year but the season before was great.
Atouba's mate who works at AJAX: Hey mate! hope you're well. Eriksen is by far the best player in the Dutch League and I'm 100% sure he'll be a great asset for THFC, especially when you relate it to what Spurs pay...
Atouba: We have had a miserable season but only 2 games to go. So has Eriksen signed for Spurs?
Atouba's mate who works at AJAX: he's close to... COYS!

I was impressed with his potential in his performance more than the performance itself.
He has shown he clearly has the tools to be an excellent player, but also (IMO) that he desperately needs experience.

He lacked urgency for me, panicked when closed down - almost didnt seem like he expected to be closed down and played far to many (lovely) passes without enough pace on so they got cut out. He also didnt assert himself a great deal - see Holtbys game as a "How to"!

Its clear Carroll has it in him, but also that if he is ever going to realise it he HAS TO HAVE COMPETITIVE GAMES (and Europa is neither regular or competitive enough IMO).

Im not sure premiership teams will touch him yet, I dont think he has enough about him to be a regular - but saw the link with Watford previously, which would be a perfect loan for him IMHO.

He already has premiership refinement, what he needs is Championship pressure and urgency. With Watford being a very good footballing side I cannot think of a better environment.

A year in the championship and he could genuinely be in contention for us IMHO.

Looks pretty good, although it's a shame that tackling seems to be outlawed in Holland and goalkeepers are only there to make up the 11...

Edwin van der Sar has tipped Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen to be a success in the Premier League if he completes his move to Tottenham.

Van der Sar - who is now marketing director at Ajax - admitted it would be a big blow to lose Eriksen, but knows he has the quality to succeed in England.

"He's a very good player and I would be sorry if he were to leave us,” he said. “He has great quality. "

"(He) is two-footed, is very quick, gives you a lot of pace on the ball and his corners and free-kicks are very good. "

"So I'm sure if he went to Tottenham he would be a great player there.”

If we sign him, I promise to take the brain clamp off my head.
I saw him play against manure I think 2 years ago. I had never heard of him but he really stood out. I am quite surprised that we have chance of signing him but we should get him on board as soon as possible.
He will be fucking quality for us.

He's a very talented player, but his form has come off the boil a bit over the past year, hence why the heat from City and the like is gone and we're in pole position to sign him. If he can reach the potential he's shown in the past though he could really help us with the lock picking problems we've suffered in the past.

tbf it would go in line with De Boar saying he was in the squad for sunday
De Boar - lololololololol

Wild-Boar-66.jpg

Back
Top Bottom