Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Called you out?

You used a post I made about Eriksen to say that Kane should never have started. I didn't offer an opinion on Kane starting - I only mentioned his injury in context. If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I'm more than happy to apologise, but there was no need for the 'sorry officer' comment.

You used a post I made about Eriksen to say that Kane should never have started. I didn't offer an opinion on Kane starting - I only mentioned his injury in context. If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I'm more than happy to apologise, but there was no need for the 'sorry officer' comment.
I just added to your comment of resting key players

I think we'll only see the very best of Eriksen the further back he plays, ala Iniesta; he's got a decent scoring/assist output, but I'd love to see him deployed a bit deeper and more metronomic, especially in Europe, where possession is key.

Wanyama and Dembele serve a purpose in the more robust Premier League, but next season in Europe a diamond with Dier at the base, Winks and Eriksen ahead of him and Alli at the tip would be able to dictate the tempo against any of Europe's elite. Rose and Walker can provide the width, with Kane partnered by a mobile upgrade on Son.

Would rather Eriksen stayed forward. Don't know if he's good enough to boss a game from central midfield ala Modric and would much rather just play Winks there.

Not sure why you think we'll only ever see his best if he's there considering he's rarely played there at all for Spurs and has played all his best games in an attacking position.

Would rather Eriksen stayed forward. Don't know if he's good enough to boss a game from central midfield ala Modric and would much rather just play Winks there.

Not sure why you think we'll only ever see his best if he's there considering he's rarely played there at all for Spurs and has played all his best games in an attacking position.

Not saying Carrick or even Modric deep, I just mean a step back to expand his spectrum of influence and creative potential with more players ahead of him to utilise. Similar to his position for Ajax.

Not saying Carrick or even Modric deep, I just mean a step back to expand his spectrum of influence and creative potential with more players ahead of him to utilise. Similar to his position for Ajax.

I think he's fine where he is to be honest, especially in this formation where he's all over the pitch and free to roam.

I thought he played behind the striker at Ajax.

I think he's fine where he is to be honest, especially in this formation where he's all over the pitch and free to roam.

I thought he played behind the striker at Ajax.

He played 99% percent of his games at Ajax in a 4-3-3 as an #8 next to Siem De Jong with Enoh behind them. However considering just how superior that Ajax side was, he played much more advanced in most games than you would usually expect from someone in that position.

By the way, I agree that his current position is fine.

Eriksen could probably work out as a slightly undersized CM in a midfield 3 in Spain or Italy, but I doubt he can really excel as a true CM in the Premier league, at least not without a Barca-esque setup to fit into. He's just a bit too lightweight. I could not see him in the Dembele role in our current side.

Modric is short, but very stout- pretty sure there was some kind of article on the spurs site a few years back about his thick, muscular thighs or something like that! He's surprisingly strong and I'm not surprised he's doing fine towards the back of the RM midfield.

C8QHd1YUwAAUW1a.jpg

I think we'll only see the very best of Eriksen the further back he plays, ala Iniesta; he's got a decent scoring/assist output, but I'd love to see him deployed a bit deeper and more metronomic, especially in Europe, where possession is key.

Wanyama and Dembele serve a purpose in the more robust Premier League, but next season in Europe a diamond with Dier at the base, Winks and Eriksen ahead of him and Alli at the tip would be able to dictate the tempo against any of Europe's elite. Rose and Walker can provide the width, with Kane partnered by a mobile upgrade on Son.
while i agree with the idea of whats needed in europe, i'm not sure sacrificing our most creative output is the answer. if we need a modric type, then lets find a modric type, not just shoe-horn eriksen in there.

Another for the doubters............
Watch your players, unplug from the media babble and use your own eyes. The media have spoke all year about Ozil, Sanchez, Silva, De Bruyne, Mata, Pogba, Coutinho, Lallana, Pedro & Hazard.
Step aside and celebrate the best and he's ours!

Back
Top Bottom