Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their article actually rubbishes the move...

“Now we’re not saying that this is speculative punting, but we have come up with four problems:
1) We’re not sure that Modric is going to join Inter.
2) We’re not sure that Eriksen is a replacement for Modric.
3) We’re not sure that Tottenham will agree to sell for any price without being able to replace him.
4) We’re not sure that Eriksen will kick up a fuss to get the move.”

Their article actually rubbishes the move...

“Now we’re not saying that this is speculative punting, but we have come up with four problems:
1) We’re not sure that Modric is going to join Inter.
2) We’re not sure that Eriksen is a replacement for Modric.
3) We’re not sure that Tottenham will agree to sell for any price without being able to replace him.
4) We’re not sure that Eriksen will kick up a fuss to get the move.”
eroksen's manager behind it too right?

Sad thing is Real clearly want him and then it becomes only a matter of time.

Which is also why it"s a nonsense having our window close before others in Europe. Real stupid.

The one thing that makes a move for Eriksen unlikely for now is that we can't even negotiate a swap and he is not a big name.

Hazard is their prime target and I reckon Pogba as well possibly.

If Madrid come in for him and he's in the last year of his contract &i doesn't sign up, there's not much we as a club can do other than wish him all the best, get top whack for him and reinvest in a class act to fill his void.

It would be great to see him sign up for a little longer with us but Real Madrid are the pinnacle his playing days will reach being Danish and all that. Definitely can't blame the clubs amibitionnif we have to let him go

If Madrid come in for him and he's in the last year of his contract &i doesn't sign up, there's not much we as a club can do other than wish him all the best, get top whack for him and reinvest in a class act to fill his void.

It would be great to see him sign up for a little longer with us but Real Madrid are the pinnacle his playing days will reach being Danish and all that. Definitely can't blame the clubs amibitionnif we have to let him go

Not sure how long he has left on his contract but that's why we should have brought Grealish.

No, obviously not as good but similar and what better way to learn whilst Eriksen is here?

Our club is just doing things like building capability in a very peculiar fashion.

I genuinely believe Grealish was chased for this very reason but the money was just far too much for a kid of his current quality. I think we'll get him but he may have to take the role of CM/AM without having a year of learning alongside Dembele & Christian, which is a kick in the teeth.

We have signed Davinson to intergrate him in with the Toby situation &a the same goes with Foyth. When Villa said no deal I think it was a bit of a set back to Pochettinos contingency plan should Eriksen leave (his contract expires 2020 so we'd have to sell next summer or risk losing him for nothing the following season should he not sign a new deal)

Definitely worrying that he hasn't signed a new deal yet. Deal is up in 2020, isn't it?

Cant have Madrid sniffing around with a year and a half to a year left on his current deal.

Back
Top Bottom