Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My position is that he's currently being paid well under his market value and deserves a pay rise from the same mould that Harry got in the summer.

I genuinely don't get the impression that it's to do with money. I think he would be happy to get the same wage as Kane.

It feels more like satisfying his ambition. If he has the chance to play for four to five years at the likes of Barca / Real, then best of luck to the fella. He's not like Rabiot, who seems to feel he has a God given right to those teams. Rather, he's quietly gone about his business and established himself as one of the best players in World football.

That's obviously pure conjecture and mainly because I love the chap.

What’s the forum temperature on this? We paying him what he wants? We selling him? Is he a bastard, like Toby, for not signing?

What’s the position lads?
You can’t dislike him,well I can’t for not signing a contract we don’t know what goes on when contracts are negotiated we can only second guess? He didn’t sign right away the last time it took time he wants to do what’s best for him and his family this will be at 26 his last big contract so like anyone else in any walk of life you look after number one. if the shoe was on the other foot though and spurs wanted rid they wouldn’t hesitate but......this is not a modric,berbatov,Campbell situation both parties should respect each other’s situation and if he’s off say now and we get money and wish him well.

He could still be stalling come July, the risk would be we don't get £150m offers like Levy would want from clubs that can afford £15m/year wages and he then runs down the remaining year.

If he does go this Summer (which sadly is looking likely) I really hope Levy cuts the bullshit and let's him go with his blessing, early in the Summer, and doesn't spend the entire window haggling and pissing around meaning it becomes a bitter saga that isn't resolved 'til the final days. If he is point blank refusing to sign a contract, try and sell him in June and spend the rest of the window making sure we get the ideal replacement.

Levy loses either way to some:

Didn’t pay him enough wages
Didn’t sign enough quality to keep him here
Sold him too cheap
Sold him too late

My gut feeling is he will sign as long as he isn’t toe tied with no release clause.

I'd take that right now in all honesty. If we can work out a deal for him that keeps him on, even for another season as a minimum that would be great news.

Let's be honest he's a wonderful footballer and he's been a great servant to the club, we love our club but we have tinted glasses on we can't dig our heels in without giving him something back.

If it was up to me and it was something he'd go for I'd give him a six year deal on the same as Kane but if he wants a release clause I think £120m would be fair for all involved. Losing him and Toby in the same summer would definitely be a blow that Levy needs to stump up for if he likes it or not

He definitely makes the team tick so we need to make him a decent offer, ie parity with Harry. It would be a blow if we let him go, but if he wants to leave then we need to make sure that we get the best price for him.

He definitely makes the team tick so we need to make him a decent offer, ie parity with Harry. It would be a blow if we let him go, but if he wants to leave then we need to make sure that we get the best price for him.
Alternatively, for those of us that are superstitious, perhaps Levy could have him quietly kidnapped and murdered, and his remains ground in to the concrete of the new stadium before it is entirely too late.

That way he'll be with us for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and...

JvrQX57.gif

As far as the press goes club is still in negotiation with the player. Meaning he is not asking to leave but I feel Levy is reluctant to offer lavish contracts before sorting out new stadium and securing revenues. For this same reason I doubt there will be any signing in this window which means 18/19 season spending is going to be zilch.

Alternatively, for those of us that are superstitious, perhaps Levy could have him quietly kidnapped and murdered, and his remains ground in to the concrete of the new stadium before it is entirely too late.

That way he'll be with us for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and...

JvrQX57.gif
I don’t want to be your friend.
Do you have friends?

Back
Top Bottom