Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Needs some time on the subs bench, starting Wednesday.

Was frustrating to watch yesterday, never seen him miscontrol the ball so much. It's either a massive dip in form or he's already gone, either way we should not be carrying passengers in this team.
No one to replace him! He'll play Wednesday, as will Lloris.

Looks like fans of other teams are noticing Eriksens drop off. I've got a Man U fan who works for me and mentioned he thought he was below his normal level yesterday. I told him he hadn't been himself for a couple of months now and he sounded really surprised. Can it really be that he's distracted by contract / transfer stuff?

While undoubtedly he's dipped in form(some of his touches yesterday were abysmal), one thing I will say in his defence is that as a result of our lack of midfield options this season he's been asked to play a role he's never played for us before, IE a deeper midfield role in a 3 or 2. He's completely unsuited to this role, he's too weak on and off the ball for it and doesn't have the time or space that he would usually have in his free role behind the striker he's played the majority of his time here.

I do think its all but guaranteed he's gone in the summer and I know it can't be used to completely excuse his poor form, but it should be taken into account. He's not a number 8, never was never will be, but that's the position he's been asked to play most of this season.

Edit: Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain you beat me to it!

In which case I'd like to know why; cos the system itself ain't working so why persist with it if it's having a detrimental effect on the collective and key players alike.

In which case I'd like to know why; cos the system itself ain't working so why persist with it if it's having a detrimental effect on the collective and key players alike.
Mainly due to a sheer lack of other options I would say. Winks, Dier and Vics perennial injury problems, the inexplicable sale of Dembele and the lack of signings have meant we've had to patch together a midfield for the majority of the season.
I don't think its a case of persisting with something when its not working, there just isn't really an alternative.

Mainly due to a sheer lack of other options I would say. Winks, Dier and Vics perennial injury problems, the inexplicable sale of Dembele and the lack of signings have meant we've had to patch together a midfield for the majority of the season.
I don't think its a case of persisting with something when its not working, there just isn't really an alternative.

You're probably right... Just hyper-frustrating when it's never really clicked to begin with.

Time will tell I guess (be it this season or next) but this diamond sucks.

MOTM tonight. Was constantly looking to do something, saw shitloads of ball (50 passes/59), most passes in attacking third (23), most chances created (5), won the ball and set up the first, scored the second, unlucky not to have an assists with a lovely ball to Moura.

MOTM tonight. Was constantly looking to do something, saw shitloads of ball (50 passes/59), most passes in attacking third (23), most chances created (5), won the ball and set up the first, scored the second, unlucky not to have an assists with a lovely ball to Moura.
That pass to Moura was like something Tom Brady would have thrown. Deadly accurate.

Made a lung busting run from our half to get into the area and finish for his goal. Check it out from the moment we got the ball back and started the attack. When I saw the replays I couldn't believe the effort he made to get there especially so late late in the game

it almost like he's been playing out of position all season to accommodate the team....

honestly the drivel spewed on here over eriksen lately is insane.

Really? I thought he had another poor performance.

Better than his last couple of weeks, but still looks a bit out of sync with his attacking compatriots. Hopefully the goal is just what the doctor ordered and he finds form for the run in.

Yesterday his final ball was sometimes lacking, but he makes up for it with the fact he gets himself open so much that he has a lot of ball to work with. So while there were a few balls in the final third that could have been better. There was also a lot of quality in there too. Plus it was his tenascious pressing that led to the first goal.

Back
Top Bottom