Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This situation sucks. No one is the bad guy here, circumstances have just conspired to absolutely fuck over the club. It's an absolute catastrophe if Eriksen leaves for nothing. It is the financial equivalent of one of Ndombele's legs falling off tomorrow.

No respect for him, he has run down his contract, thinks he is bigger than the club, once he leaves he should never be welcomed back
And how must he feel? Entering what some would say his prime regular champions league experience same at international level from the outside a dream to coach no off the field issues quiet family man an asset for any team........but nobody wants him it’s not gonna fill him with confidence is it.

No respect for him, he has run down his contract, thinks he is bigger than the club, once he leaves he should never be welcomed back

6 years at Spurs. That's disrespectful. He has worked hard for the team, scored goals and made assists. He has every right to try something new if that's what he wants.

Maybe the club should have made better offers to keep him. He has never been anywhere near one of the higher paid players at Spurs.

The parallels with Ramsey are amazing but different.

No club of those who Eriksen might see as worth going to need buy him until next summer (if foreign sign contract from January) and Eriksen knows signing a new contract binds him to us, dsspite saying it was an option.

It's probably less that he is not wanted and more that he would be a worthwhile cog at a price those few clubs who might want him can wait for.

I think even a huge contract but with a an agreed lowish buyout clause would fail to entice him now.

And how must he feel? Entering what some would say his prime regular champions league experience same at international level from the outside a dream to coach no off the field issues quiet family man an asset for any team........but nobody wants him it’s not gonna fill him with confidence is it.
We wanted him, but he thought he could better!

Sorry, but that is, in itself, disrespectful to a player who has been highly instrumental in Spurs being where they are now. He's been a great servant to the club and deserves every success in the future. He's always seemed to me to be a nice bloke too. I'd welcome him back every time.

Sorry, but that is, in itself, disrespectful to a player who has been highly instrumental in Spurs being where they are now. He's been a great servant to the club and deserves every success in the future. He's always seemed to me to be a nice bloke too. I'd welcome him back every time.
It's the nice ones you have to watch..... I'd call it cold and calculating.

It's the nice ones you have to watch..... I'd call it cold and calculating.

I just want it sorted

Hopefully by the end of the week

When Modric started getting restless Levy hauled him into his office

That’s what needs to happen now

Is Levy on holiday?

6 years at Spurs. That's disrespectful. He has worked hard for the team, scored goals and made assists. He has every right to try something new if that's what he wants.

Maybe the club should have made better offers to keep him. He has never been anywhere near one of the higher paid players at Spurs.
Perhaps that is because he’s never entertained extending his contract? Bit like Toby really. Could have doubled his money by now just by staying at the club and signing an extension. The club isn’t going to just hand over another £50k a week free to players who are running down their contracts and won’t sit at the negotiation table.
Another point is, how do we know what offers the club have made him? May have offered him parity with top earners for all we know.
Finally, I’d have retained respect for him if he hadn’t been such a cunt publicly.
“I’d like to fuck off but if nothing better comes along I’ll stay at Spurs”
Sorry, but that’s a man with one foot out of the door who can’t keep his mouth shut.
I find it disappointing because I have loved Eriksen at spurs. He’s been brilliant in parts but didn’t turn up at the biggest party of all against the dippers.

We've not done too bad out of him let's be honest.

Tough decision for him now. Euros coming up, he needs to play to keep his firm, but must know Poch can be ruthless if he needs to.

Don't think it's as simple for him as winding down his contract.

Juve does look like a good fit for him next year though. Fuckers, they're good at this.

Feels like it's been running as long as Eastenders, nearly as depressing too!
ufS5oyM.jpg

Nope, he has dragged his heels on a signing a new deal, thought he was bigger than us, now look at all the suiters chasing after him - tumbleweed- he has severely weakened the club's position when he openly stated he wanted a move

Perhaps that is because he’s never entertained extending his contract? Bit like Toby really. Could have doubled his money by now just by staying at the club and signing an extension. The club isn’t going to just hand over another £50k a week free to players who are running down their contracts and won’t sit at the negotiation table.
Another point is, how do we know what offers the club have made him? May have offered him parity with top earners for all we know.
Finally, I’d have retained respect for him if he hadn’t been such a cunt publicly.
“I’d like to fuck off but if nothing better comes along I’ll stay at Spurs”
Sorry, but that’s a man with one foot out of the door who can’t keep his mouth shut.
I find it disappointing because I have loved Eriksen at spurs. He’s been brilliant in parts but didn’t turn up at the biggest party of all against the dippers.

The whole team failed to turn up against the dippers

I agree about his public statement, he really shouldn't have come out with that nonsense.

We signed Eriksen for just 12 mill because he only had one year left on his Ajax contract. We benefitted then and he has served us very well for 6 years. Now he is in the same situation again and wants to move and hopefully he goes and we can all move on

It does grate a bit when articles like this say he's woefully underpaid.

Who's fault is that? Goes for him and Toby. They've both been offered better contracts but they've being ill advised to wait it out.

If the reports of us offering something in the region of 120k a week a few seasons ago, that's 50 grand a week that they've missed out on by refusing to sign better deals......

Say its 2 years ago that they could have taken the better deal - that's 104 weeks x 50k - 5.2million that they've missed out on.

If they get 250k a week at a new club then that's only 130k a week more than that what they could have been earning for the last 2 years.......

5.2 million divided by 130k is over 3 years!!! (40 months)

So they'll need to be earning 250k a week for 3 years and 4 months just to break even on what they've missed out on by not signing new deals.

If they leave it another year and see out their contracts then that's even worse for their finances.

Only themselves to blame.

If Eriksen is upset that no big European club is coming in for him he might want to think again - there's a massive club that just reached the Champions League Final who I'm sure will offer him a new contract.....

The whole team failed to turn up against the dippers

I agree about his public statement, he really shouldn't have come out with that nonsense.

We signed Eriksen for just 12 mill because he only had one year left on his Ajax contract. We benefitted then and he has served us very well for 6 years. Now he is in the same situation again and wants to move and hopefully he goes and we can all move on
That I do agree with in the main.
Players agitating for moves is part of the game.
But to do it in that way leaves me cold.
Do it behind closed doors by all means.
But this public parting of his cheeks for a “big boy” club has made me lose a lot of respect.
And the “I’ll stay if I don’t get a bigger club” is like the bored housewife/husband who has been on all the dating sites and can’t get anything better than the lovely golden cock/fanny they already have enjoyed for 6 years

Back
Top Bottom