Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The dream is, we can get some money out of Real for the obviously not giving a fuck Baconman and then beat Real to the signing of both Fernandes and Van de Beek.

And then I wake up and Eriksen is still playing and hitting the first man from corners...

I don't dislike many players whilst they are wearing the shirt but he's really getting on my wick. Unfortunately I don't think he's the only one causing unrest. But we need to grab the bull by the horns and exclude him from our future plans pronto.

I don't dislike many players whilst they are wearing the shirt but he's really getting on my wick. Unfortunately I don't think he's the only one causing unrest. But we need to grab the bull by the horns and exclude him from our future plans pronto.

Yes, I don't think he should be anywhere near the first team squad for training or on matchdays. If he is on the bench tomorrow though, as I half expect him to be, then I really hope he's not expecting a big cheer when he comes on or warms up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like a Hossam Ghaly welcome.

One question you'd have to ask is who do you feel is genuinely giving 100% for the club at present.
Lloris, Gazza, Davies, Sanchez (despite limitations), Sissoko, Kane, Moura, Lamela, Son, Skipp??

Can't think of too many others.

Yes, I don't think he should be anywhere near the first team squad for training or on matchdays. If he is on the bench tomorrow though, as I half expect him to be, then I really hope he's not expecting a big cheer when he comes on or warms up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like a Hossam Ghaly welcome.
I know we're rough on him at the moment but why does he have to show up for the game one day ahead of the rest of them?

One question you'd have to ask is who do you feel is genuinely giving 100% for the club at present.
Lloris, Gazza, Davies, Sanchez (despite limitations), Sissoko, Kane, Moura, Lamela, Son, Skipp??

No Winks????

Basically, everyone beyond the obvious names....

I don't think Wanyama for instance is uncommitted; just a broken shell of the player he was.

For some money, any money
It's either get some money or any money in January plus saving in wages or keep a miserable sod affecting squad moral losing him for free.

I honestly think we are better of without him. The sooner we plan life without him is the better. His contributions has been dismal because he no longer cares. His free kicks, corners and pens will not be missed. Though have to admit his pens are never high or wide but aimed at the keeper.

Last edited:
He essentially left on a free though.....
Perhaps that would've been the case if Mkhitaryan was literally a worthless player at the time, but also when you look @ transfermarkt.co.uk you see that Alexis Sanchez went for £30.6m to United in January 2018. United easily could've sold Mkhitaryan that month or in the summer for a decent fee.

He probably would've joined Man. City in January 2018 for £25-30m if he didn't have those ridiculous wage demands only United were prepared to pay.

Last edited:

That's the really annoying thing as Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman alludes to. I'll take someone with a bit of talent but willing to give 100% effort over an Eriksen prima donna type who is enormously talented but only plays when he feels like it. They are simply wasting the gifts God gave them and in future years may look back and deeply regret having done so.
Christian will leave this club leaving a bitter taste in my mouth at the manner of his departure. He could have turned it on for us in his last season and I would have been the first to wish him Good Luck and thank him for his contribution to the club....not now. I just want rid.

Back
Top Bottom