Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wanted 2 years, we wanted 1...... Hard to question that rationale after the season thus far.....
Yes but unlike Toby and Eriksen he says he wants to stay. I can see why Levy will not give him 2 years but think IF his form improves he will sign for 1 year but do not think he is not trying. That slide that nearly led to a penalty yesterday was not like him but was poor play and not him not trying.

Impossible. So many on here say he’s shit so no way does a team that size want him. Maybe he gets a move to the Championship.

Let's take a look at the article shall we. Full of good journalism and lots of quotes:

"Paris St Germain are set to hijack Real Madrid’s move for Christian Eriksen next summer.

The Tottenham midfield player has turned down the chance of a new contract at White Hart Lane.
The club would like to sell the 27-year-old Denmark international in the January window to recoup some cash.

But Eriksen knows he can secure a more lucrative deal next June when he is on a free transfer and is likely to hold out for a move in the summer.

He is able to sign a pre-contract in January for a club outside England.

That is when PSG plan to move in. Real have Eriksen on their wanted list along with Paul Pogba of Manchester United.

But the French champions also want Eriksen.

Currently they are overloaded in midfield but want to have a clear out at the end of the season.

Two of the prime candidates to be put on the market are Leandro Paredes, a £22.5 million signing from Zenit St Petersburg and German World Cup winner Julian Draxler.

They plan to sell the pair and bring in Eriksen."

Fuck me, it's almost like it's come from the PSG's official website!

Impossible. So many on here say he’s shit so no way does a team that size want him. Maybe he gets a move to the Championship.

Like when Trippier went to this club:

Winners (10): 1939–40, 1940–41, 1949–50, 1950–51, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1972–73, 1976–77, 1995–96, 2013–14 Runners-up (10): 1943–44, 1957–58, 1960–61, 1962–63, 1964–65, 1973–74, 1984–85, 1990–91, 2017–18, 2018–19
Winners: 2001–02 Runners-up: 1932–33, 1933-34
Winners (10): 1959–60, 1960–61, 1964–65, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1984–85, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1995–96, 2012–13 Runners-up (9): 1920–21, 1925–26, 1955–56, 1963–64, 1974–75, 1986–87, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2009–10
Winners: 1985, 2014 Runners-up (4): 1991, 1992, 1996, 2013
Winners: 1940-41
Winners: 1947
Winners: 1951 Runners-up: 1950
Runners-up: 1984, 1985 International competitions
Runners-up: 1973–74, 2013–14, 2015–16
Winners: 1961–62 Runners-up: 1962–63, 1985–86
Winners: 2009–10, 2011–12, 2017–18[76]
Winners: 2010, 2012, 2018
Winners: 1974

But it was just because La Liga is easy

Eriksen is leaving for 0 pounds mate, just like Toby.

Clubs are tired of our negotiating tactics apparently

Care to actually substantiate that in the case of Toby Erikesen, Rose or Wanyama....

I have a funny feeling you can't.

Is pre-shit Eriksen to Poch what Bale was to AVB?

No, that would be Dembele. Dembele made Poch's football work.

If you are an opponent and you look at our current teamsheet, is there one midfielder you would be worried about? Is anybody intimated by Winks or Sissoko? Dembele was a monster, only Yaya Toure and Pogba ever managed to stand up to him.

Eriksen being shite is a big problem but not the biggest problem. Our central midfield is what has been killing us for the whole year because it can't defend or attack properly. We literally reached a CL final by totally bypassing the midfield and hoofing the ball up to Llorente, our midfield doesn't exist. We tried to play Pochball with the current set-up and found ourselves 3-0 down with 45 minutes left against Ajax, we came back because we played Allardyce-style.

Poch even used to joke that without Dembele Tottenham "didn't exist" but it's not a joke anymore.

No, that would be Dembele. Dembele made Poch's football work.

If you are an opponent and you look at our current teamsheet, is there one midfielder you would be worried about? Is anybody intimated by Winks or Sissoko? Dembele was a monster, only Yaya Toure and Pogba ever managed to stand up to him.

Eriksen being shite is a big problem but not the biggest problem. Our central midfield is what has been killing us for the whole year because it can't defend or attack properly. We literally reached a CL final by totally bypassing the midfield and hoofing the ball up to Llorente, our midfield doesn't exist. We tried to play Pochball with the current set-up and found ourselves 3-0 down with 45 minutes left against Ajax, we came back because we played Allardyce-style.

Poch even used to joke that without Dembele Tottenham "didn't exist" but it's not a joke anymore.

I agree completely with all of this in general terms, but I think Wanyama - a proper half decent, footballing busy 6/dm is actually even more of a miss than Dembele. Dembele was here before we had Wanyama, and after we lost him through long term I jury and we were never as good as that 16/17 with Wanyama anchoring everything, hunting and gathering everything in sight.

If we had that Wanyama now we could have NDombele, Skipp, Winks, LoCelso, Eriksen, Alli as two 8’s either side and it would be a pretty formidable footballing midfield.

But the fact that we don’t have a proper 6/dm renders all the other components compromised

I agree completely with all of this in general terms, but I think Wanyama - a proper half decent, footballing busy 6/dm is actually even more of a miss than Dembele. Dembele was here before we had Wanyama, and after we lost him through long term I jury and we were never as good as that 16/17 with Wanyama anchoring everything, hunting and gathering everything in sight.

If we had that Wanyama now we could have NDombele, Skipp, Winks, LoCelso, Eriksen, Alli as two 8’s either side and it would be a pretty formidable footballing midfield.

But the fact that we don’t have a proper 6/dm renders all the other components compromised

For sure, if we can find a new Wanyama from somewhere we could start to rebuild properly. With a proper anchoring player I think we do have the quality to play 433 to a good standard. I still feel Alli belongs in the Lampard position playing box-to-box next to a Makelele/Ballack type, we have to find that player who can do the nasty stuff and restore some freedom to the others.

You can see that none of the players enjoy playing for Tottenham at the moment, the freedom and confidence they used to have has gone and it won't come back until we find a midfield balance that can properly control games.

Wanyama barely made an impact for us honestly

He was a great player but he's not been a key player for us for more than a few months in total.

I don't think any one player makes a difference in midfield anymore these days, if you want to play like we did or Liverpool does, you need 3 very mobile, hard working, disciplined player with the ability to move the ball forward either by dribbling or passing yet we don't have even one who fits the bill at thw moment. Ndombele has worse stamina than my nan, Winks is average at best at everything and is allergic to vertical passing, Eriksen doesn't give a shit and was never very athletic and Dier/Dembele would already have been put down had they been horses.

It's just fucked at every level. We need, desperately, for Lo Celso to work out as a dynamic midfielder and Ndombele to stop having chicken wings and coke 4 times a day and maybe we can start pressing again

The proof is in the pudding OLD CHAP

From the best to worst sellers in England and we failed to offload pretty much everyone

Funky sloganeering there, but no argument made...

- Rose & Wanyama bailed out of their moves.
- Toby wanted too much dosh even tho his fee represented a non-negotiable bargain in today's market.
- RM may have bought him if ZZ didnt dig his heels in but ultimately Eriksen wanted clubs that didn't want him.

GKN, Jansen etc. previously represented dregs that were always gonna prove tough to shift.

Back
Top Bottom