Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's trying but in the circumstances he clearly cannot perform. He thought he was nailed-on for a move to Real Madrid and they never even picked up the phone, he didn't think he would still be here.

It's the managers fault for putting such a heavy burden of responsibility on a player who is not in the right frame of mind. Eriksen has always been a bit soft and he clearly can't clear his head. Modric was in a much tougher situation back in 11/12, having tried to force a move to Chelsea of all teams, but when the window closed he got his head down and delivered a world class season. That's why he went straight to Real Madrid, won 4 CLs and a Balon D'Or, top players always perform. He showed he was too good for Tottenham at that time.

Eriksen has done the opposite, he has wilted under the pressure of having to earn a move to a superclub and has shown that Tottenham is his ceiling. He just hasn't gotten over that yet. He needs a sustained period out of the team so that we can look to the future and start winning matches without him. When we are winning games without him then he can be eased back in and have a role as a substitute. Eriksen is clearly not strong enough mentally to have a starting XI place in the current situation.

What are we paying him millions of pounds a year for if he’s not in the right frame of mind to play football for us?

Generally I defend footballers from the whole “look how much they earn” argument but most footballers gets bids for them and their club holds them somewhat to ransom by refusing to accept them (Zaha for example) whereas Eriksen has never had a bid for him in his time at Spurs so he should be knuckling down and earning the money that he is receiving as opposed to whatever the fuck he’s doing now.

This whole Madrid thing is in Eriksen’s head, whether that be from his agent, the media, himself, it really doesn’t matter. They haven’t pursued him, nobody has other than a bit of interest from a struggling Man Utd. He needs to get the fuck over it and start performing or we should be fining him wages for a lack of commitment and effort.

He should now no longer be considered as a squad member. He's just a club 'asset' which is depreciating in value every day and at the end of the January window will be worth zilch. Thus making him readily and eagerly disposable.
If that stage is reached I'd pay the bastard off regarding owed wages and terminate his contract with immediate effect.
The sooner this thread starts gathering dust the better as far as I am concerned.
Never,ever thought I'd say that about a player I truly admired and enjoyed watching. This downturn in performance however is unforgivable and unacceptable. He's not 'off form' he's just trying to stay uninjured and run the clock down. Shameful.

He should now no longer be considered as a squad member. He's just a club 'asset' which is depreciating in value every day and at the end of the January window will be worth zilch. Thus making him readily and eagerly disposable.
If that stage is reached I'd pay the bastard off regarding owed wages and terminate his contract with immediate effect.
The sooner this thread starts gathering dust the better as far as I am concerned.
Never,ever thought I'd say that about a player I truly admired and enjoyed watching. This downturn in performance however is unforgivable and unacceptable. He's not 'off form' he's just trying to stay uninjured and run the clock down. Shameful.
Christ, you’re so angry. Yeah he’s playing like a cunt, but he’ll be gone next Summer - it will come round soon enough.

Christ, you’re so angry. Yeah he’s playing like a cunt, but he’ll be gone next Summer - it will come round soon enough.
Just extremely disappointed with him Joe, and frustrated that Poch still sees him as having a place in the team.
I will accept a 'bad patch' from any player but his attitude on the pitch lately just seems one of complete indifference as to how the match ends up.

Just extremely disappointed with him Joe, and frustrated that Poch still sees him as having a place in the team.
I will accept a 'bad patch' from any player but his attitude on the pitch lately just seems one of complete indifference as to how the match ends up.
Oh I agree. The fact that Poch keeps picking him is weird. Perhaps forces from on high are nudging his elbow. Know what I mean ;)?

Anyway bed for me now ‘55. I hope your insomnia doesn’t trouble you too much tonight. Sleep well.

Last edited:
Like it or not, Eriksen (and of course Kane) is our best player. He contributes to a high proportion of our goals and is our main creative spark.

He has never been any good at taking corners and set pieces, thats nothing new.

Like Ozil; his facial expressions and running style leads people to think he isn't working hard; yet statistically he tops the distance travelled and passes completed in almost all of our games.

Behind Son and Kane, he has had the 3rd top shots and shots on target in our team; having started 6 of our 10 games.

Is his head in the right place? Clearly Poch and Eriksen think so, else he wouldn't be playing. If Jan did indeed commit a dirty deed; its Jan who should be banished to the reserves.

Like it or not, Eriksen (and of course Kane) is our best player. He contributes to a high proportion of our goals and is our main creative spark.

He has never been any good at taking corners and set pieces, thats nothing new.

Like Ozil; his facial expressions and running style leads people to think he isn't working hard; yet statistically he tops the distance travelled and passes completed in almost all of our games.

Behind Son and Kane, he has had the 3rd top shots and shots on target in our team; having started 6 of our 10 games.

Is his head in the right place? Clearly Poch and Eriksen think so, else he wouldn't be playing. If Jan did indeed commit a dirty deed; its Jan who should be banished to the reserves.

I love a bit of defend Eriksen bingo.

Our best player ✔
Our main creative player ✔
Runs a lot ✔
Some other meaningless stat ✔
Someone elses fault (Jan) ✔

Is it about time we, as fans, make it a bit more clear and obvious we don't think Eriksen should be anywhere near the squad?
If he starts the next home match..... there needs to be a chant that makes it clear. I'm a little too angry with him to make something up that isnt "Woolwich fan abusive" at the moment.

Whilst I have no sympathy for Woolwich players I do hope Spurs supporters have not gone to the depths that Woolwich supporters have on line to their Captain. Death threats etc have been received. If Eriksen is picked for the Everton match which I would not do, then supporters need to support the Manager's decision. Boo him and he will inevitably have a bad game and we are more likely to lose. The on line accusations that Vertonghen had slept with his wife would have hurt him and I have no idea what else is out there. Those with stable relationships should just think whether they could put accusations of this sort out of their minds when working.

Is it about time we, as fans, make it a bit more clear and obvious we don't think Eriksen should be anywhere near the squad?
If he starts the next home match..... there needs to be a chant that makes it clear. I'm a little too angry with him to make something up that isnt "Woolwich fan abusive" at the moment.
We are too nice
May be it's time to change

Whilst I have no sympathy for Woolwich players I do hope Spurs supporters have not gone to the depths that Woolwich supporters have on line to their Captain. Death threats etc have been received. If Eriksen is picked for the Everton match which I would not do, then supporters need to support the Manager's decision. Boo him and he will inevitably have a bad game and we are more likely to lose. The on line accusations that Vertonghen had slept with his wife would have hurt him and I have no idea what else is out there. Those with stable relationships should just think whether they could put accusations of this sort out of their minds when working.
Giving him abuse at the game if he starts ain't really gonna help but I won't be singing he's name etc

Why? Why should we support an increasing more erratic, illogical manager? A manager that is, despite all the catastrophic performances, picking players such as Eriksen, Winks, Rose, Aurrier week after week, thrashing after beating and saying " we need to stick together"
What makes you think we have to support this?
Can you not see what is happening?

Giving him abuse at the game if he starts ain't really gonna help but I won't be singing he's name etc

I doubt he or Poch will notice no one signing his name.

When he deliberately gives the ball away on the edge of his own box for the 9th time, a chant of "you're not fit to wear the shirt" might get peoples attention though.

Why? Why should we support an increasing more erratic, illogical manager? A manager that is, despite all the catastrophic performances, picking players such as Eriksen, Winks, Rose, Aurrier week after week, thrashing after beating and saying " we need to stick together"
What makes you think we have to support this?
Can you not see what is happening?

I doubt he or Poch will notice no one signing his name.

When he deliberately gives the ball away on the edge of his own box for the 9th time, a chant of "you're not fit to wear the shirt" might get peoples attention though.

Interesting one. There's surely nothing worse as a player than being booed or jeered by your own fans. Generally I think it's counterproductive, but I think it can be reserved as a nuclear option for when the fans are really unhappy with something - maybe not on poor performance alone, but suspicions of tanking a match, deliberately under-performing, throwing the shirt, maybe something bad off the pitch too.

Positive cheering/chanting doesn't carry the same weight if that's all that's permitted - being a fan means expressing a full range of opinions and emotions, not just positive ones, otherwise you're just a placeholder. Then, there's the time and money supporting a team, etc.

I don't think Eriksen is at this point yet, but he's fallen in my estimation.

The shame for me and what's telling is that a wantaway Eriksen is not so much worse than so called wantastays!

We are so poor at present and I mean as an overall and not just the odd glimpse of quality.

A sh!t season already by the look of it.

Interesting one. There's surely nothing worse as a player than being booed or jeered by your own fans. Generally I think it's counterproductive, but I think it can be reserved as a nuclear option for when the fans are really unhappy with something - maybe not on poor performance alone, but suspicions of tanking a match, deliberately under-performing, throwing the shirt, maybe something bad off the pitch too.

Positive cheering/chanting doesn't carry the same weight if that's all that's permitted - being a fan means expressing a full range of opinions and emotions, not just positive ones, otherwise you're just a placeholder. Then, there's the time and money supporting a team, etc.

I don't think Eriksen is at this point yet, but he's fallen in my estimation.

For me, making it vocal is more about letting Poch know that we're all very unhappy with him continuing this madness.

Not coming for you
not coming for you
You’re playing so shit
So Their not coming for you

Very immature I know but perhaps we should change his chant to get the message through

Eriksen, sen, sen he’s our number 23
Eriksen, sen, sen he’s so shit like you and me
To the left to the right
He was our midfield dynamite
Now when he plays in blue and white
He plays like a bag of shite

Last edited:

Yeah, lets do this to Sissoko next time he stands and watches a player run past him and score or can't be arsed to close someone down and lets them cross for a goal. Lets do it to Lloris the next time one of his fuck ups cost us. Lets do it to Toby because he's been on deck chair mode for the last two months. Lets definitely do it to Moura every game he runs around like a headless fucking twat creating nothing for nobody. And I really want us to do it to Alli every time he pisses away a good move trying to fucking nutmeg someone when a simple trap and pass would have been better. Let's not forget to do it for the 60% of the time Son doesn't have control of the ball. And we might as well just do it the minute we hear Rose's name on the team sheet, because as well as wanting to leave and slagging the club, the players and the manager, that useless twonk has his name on just about 70% of the goals we've conceded. And don't get me fucking started on Aurier, for him we need a 24 hour boo vigil outside his fucking house.

Fuck me there's some puerile fucking bollocks in this thread.

Yeah, lets do this to Sissoko next time he stands and watches a player run past him and score or can't be arsed to close someone down and lets them cross for a goal. Lets do it to Lloris the next time one of his fuck ups cost us. Lets do it to Toby because he's been on deck chair mode for the last two months. Lets definitely do it to Moura every game he runs around like a headless fucking twat creating nothing for nobody. And I really want us to do it to Alli every time he pisses away a good move trying to fucking nutmeg someone when a simple trap and pass would have been better. Let's not forget to do it for the 60% of the time Son doesn't have control of the ball. And we might as well just do it the minute we hear Rose's name on the team sheet, because as well as wanting to leave and slagging the club, the players and the manager, that useless twonk has his name on just about 70% of the goals we've conceded. And don't get me fucking started on Aurier, for him we need a 24 hour boo vigil outside his fucking house.

Fuck me there's some puerile fucking bollocks in this thread.

There's a difference between making a mistake whilst making an effort and just being a cunt.
And Sissoko has given up so much more than Eriksen this season. SO much more.

Back
Top Bottom