Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen was a very good player, but I'm totally neutral on his leaving now. I would have been gutted 2 years ago, but he was a massive cause of frustration for me these past 2 seasons. Good luck to him, but I'm looking forward to GLC being the player who makes it tick.

Delighted this shitter has gone. Now maybe the awesome Skipp can finally take over centre stage where he belongs. This club doesn't need strikers or decent players. It just needs fans to shout "TTID" and "Y*ds" loudly and we will win something.

The truth is, we haven't won the league for 60 years because the fans haven't believed enough! It's your own fault!

dont know how people cant make up ther mind on him now, One of our best ever players.....just because his form dipped slightly as he wanted a new challenge after being at the club for 7 years is nothing disrespectful, he knew this was going to be his last big contract and we arnt willing to pay him high fees, he has every right to leave. Glad his gone but I will have great memories - how people forget everything his done is beyond me - those calling him a 'shit'who just fuck off are complete pricks themselves

Yes whoever scores the most goals is the best player in the world. Of course not, where the fuck did I say that? 17 in 25 is a very good rate for a striker, would put him in the top 5 or 10% of strikers for sure and this is him on a bad season.

It's funny you try to downplay Kane's goals as penalties when nobody mentions how many of Eriksen's goals and assists come from set pieces. Just think about how many set pieces this guy has taken over 250 games or whatever, would be well over 2000. Even if he/we are only converting 2% then you can take 40 goals/assists off his tally.

Stats are fucking pointless. On Saturday it went down in the history books as Son goal, Lamela assist but without GLC there's never even a chance. Yes Kane was better prior to the WC but he's gone from top 3 in the world in his position to maybe top 10% this season. Eriksen has gone from top whatever to pretty much bottom 20%. The contrast in the decline of the two this season compared to previous is so different it's not even comparable.

If Kane had 6 months left on his contract he certainly wouldn't be going to Inter Milan.

I don't give a shit about Eriksen or where he's gonna play. I do care about the "love" he's getting from the fans. It's easy to make him a scapegoat for our bad form, because he's ready to try something else. He has been professionel and respected his contract.

I'm not blind, I agree his form has dipped, but opposite you, I acknowledge that the problem is bigger than Eriksen. Tell me which ones of these oldies have bettered themselves over the past 18 months: Kane, Dele, Dier, Hugo, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Davies, Trippier, Wanyama, Lamela? Yes, Trippier.

So everybody seem to think Eriksen lost the Chl. final despite none of our players showing up. And Kane seems to get a free pass because of his injury leading up to the game. I'd still like to hear all the hypocrites say: "Oh well, good on ya Poch for only playing Kane the last 20 mins, cos he wasn't ready. Better luck next time"

dont know how people cant make up ther mind on him now, One of our best ever players.....just because his form dipped slightly as he wanted a new challenge after being at the club for 7 years is nothing disrespectful, he knew this was going to be his last big contract and we arnt willing to pay him high fees, he has every right to leave. Glad his gone but I will have great memories - how people forget everything his done is beyond me - those calling him a 'shit'who just fuck off are complete pricks themselves

1. His form didn't dip slightly, it fell of a cliff.
2. He was completely unprofessional in addressing the fact that he didn't want to be here anymore.
3. We reportedly offered him 250k per week. That's a mind boggling sum.
4. He was a great player for us and I won't forget some of his performances. His legacy was permanently tainted however by the last 18 months.

He was great for us (until this season and the back end of last season) but he's proven that he is only in it for the money with this at best Sideways step in his career.
He's not going to win any of the big pots with Inter Milan.
But then for me there was always a big question mark on the biggest stage when you needed a performance he went missing. Champions league final being the obvious reference point.

I thought he would be aiming a lot higher than Inter Milan who are no longer footballing royalty, so this speaks volumes about his lack of character and lack of desire to win trophies.

So on that basis I say, thanks Christian but you won't be missed.

One of our best ever players? I'm assuming you only started supporting Spurs in 2013.

Delighted this shitter has gone. Now maybe the awesome Skipp can finally take over centre stage where he belongs. This club doesn't need strikers or decent players. It just needs fans to shout "TTID" and "Y*ds" loudly and we will win something.

The truth is, we haven't won the league for 60 years because the fans haven't believed enough! It's your own fault!

Shut up, you knob.

Back
Top Bottom