Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loved him as a Spurs player but I think he would defiantly struggle to play in a Jose team a la Dele, both slow the game down too much, although Eriksen passes the ball a lot quicker.
Sad to see him not playing but the grass isnt greener sometimes

he should go to Germany. he can give 5 good years there to some Leverkusen oder Munchengladbach
I think the biggest issue is money. Outside PL, only the big teams in the big leagues would have the finance to pay his premium wage. Even when smaller clubs can afford this wage in short term, they wouldn't risk breaking the wage structure, and opening the floodgate.

I think the biggest issue is money. Outside PL, only the big teams in the big leagues would have the finance to pay his premium wage. Even when smaller clubs can afford this wage in short term, they wouldn't risk breaking the wage structure, and opening the floodgate.
he already earned millions. if he didnt invest that into his future then well he's dumb

Considering how volatile Conte is and how he was on the way out last season Eriksen should be smart and pull a Coutinho, arrange a loan somewhere else and either he'll attract buyers whilst out on loan, or whoever replaces Conte wants to use him at Inter.

Like RocketRonny RocketRonny says I think he'd suit German football well. But the question is if he wants to go to Germany or if Mediterranean weather is a must have for him and his family.

I don't normally do this but I'm going to go with my instincts and stick you on 'ignore'.

Only read two of your posts and that was enough for me.

confused who are you GIF

Last edited:
I loved Eriksen when he played for us. You talk about the importance of players in our team and he was probably the most important. We played games without Kane, Son, Dembele etc but Eriksen played almost every game we played. He has more caps than Kane and he consistently ran the most of any player on the field. Never got injured either which is something that has plagued this team for years. Scored some very important goals and his passing was brilliant. Having said all that, when he openly said he wanted to leave, it really pissed me off. To think he could force a move to Real Madrid was beyond silly. RM either come for you or they don’t so when I seen him struggling at Inter and to see how well we’re doing atm, I can’t help but smirk a smile. With talks of him coming back to the EPL, my annoyance will turn to anger, especially if he moves to Woolwich. He might not improve them but he should know better and I think at this point, he’s suited to a mid level club in Spain or Germany. He really had a lot of potential. I wonder where it all went wrong for him.

Will be interesting to see the eriksen fanboy reactions if he did go to Woolwich. Considering the club wanted him to stay offered him a brilliant contact that was on the table for two years that he refused to sign and played with so much disinterest during that time that it was a joke. To then move to the scum a year after he moved on. It would be almost Judas levels of cuntyness.

Will be interesting to see the eriksen fanboy reactions if he did go to Woolwich. Considering the club wanted him to stay offered him a brilliant contact that was on the table for two years that he refused to sign and played with so much disinterest during that time that it was a joke. To then move to the scum a year after he moved on. It would be almost Judas levels of cuntyness.
Obviously if he goes there he will be rightfully hated.

Don't think he will, it's just a really bad proposition for him.

I thought it was a shame that it panned out how it did with CE, he gave us years of very good/excellent service and only one average season. As JIMINHO JIMINHO wrote he played every game, scored important goals, had slick passing and influenced games with his movement and vision. He also formed some important partnerships - in particular Dele hasn't looked the same since Eriksen left. So when he did leave I thought fair enough - publicly calling for Real Madrid was embarrassing, but he did provide great service and in the end Inter are hardly a rival of any sort.

However if he moved to them my attitude would change quickly and I'm not alone. But I think it's a moot point as I highly doubt he will go there.

Obviously if he goes there he will be rightfully hated.

Don't think he will, it's just a really bad proposition for him.

I think he'd go there in a heartbeat if the prospect of a starting position was real (they throw 250kpw+ pay packets around like confetti so don't see that being an issue)....... I don't sense he'd give a fuck about keeping us as former fans sweet.

Back
Top Bottom