Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am sure he’s been he’s been advised by the top medics around the world, but I am still worried it’s not the wisest decision to return to football. It’s not like he’s a poor unemployed man desperate for a job to earn his living. He must have a really strong character if he’s willing to take this risk, personally I wouldn’t have done that.

Well, maybe one of the many reasons I’m not a football player. :p

Last edited:
What would happen if he's standing in a crowded penalty box and suddenly his internal defibrillator goes off? There could be a couple of other players touching him at the time. How dangerous could it be to those players?

What would happen if he's standing in a crowded penalty box and suddenly his internal defibrillator goes off? There could be a couple of other players touching him at the time. How dangerous could it be to those players?

About as dangerous as having a jaffa cake thrown at your arse from a metre away. So not very.

Spurs head coach Conte, who revealed he met Eriksen by coincidence at a hotel they were both staying in last weekend, said there were no talks to bring the 29-year-old back to the north London club last month but things could be different in the summer.

'For sure, Eriksen is part of Tottenham's story. To come back here would be a good opportunity for him, for me, for the club. But now he's signed for Brentford, only six months, and we'll see what happens.

'I was lucky because I met him on Sunday and it was good to speak with him. I saw him with his family and it was good. I'm the first person to be happy to see him again on the pitch because we spent a really good time at Inter Milan together.

'We won the league, we spent two important seasons together. I wish him all the best for the future. And you don't know what will happen. It would be good for me to have him again, to work together.'

Conte's meeting with Eriksen, who made over 300 appearances for Spurs between 2012 and 2020, was by chance, but he enjoyed catching up with his former player.

'It happened that I met him in the same hotel that we were both staying in,' the Italian added.

'We were lucky to meet each other, we didn't prepare the meeting. It was only a coincidence to see with him his family. But I repeat, it was great for me to see him with his family.'

People talk about Dembele leaving and that’s when we started the downward trajectory but I think it was when Eriksen made those comments that we really started to slide. I think he made this team tick. He had incredible stamina and frequently covered the most distance in matches, he was never injured and played a huge proportion of our games, was our designated FK taker and was pretty decent as well, and he had a tendency to come up with big goals at important times. Now whether I would take him back is another thing. Can he cover big distances with his heart issues and is he the same player from those years ago? Inter Milan would say otherwise and it could be deemed a step back. Nevertheless, I’m very happy for him and for Brentford, I think it’s a really good fit for both parties. I’ll following with interest until the end of the season

People talk about Dembele leaving and that’s when we started the downward trajectory but I think it was when Eriksen made those comments that we really started to slide. I think he made this team tick. He had incredible stamina and frequently covered the most distance in matches, he was never injured and played a huge proportion of our games, was our designated FK taker and was pretty decent as well, and he had a tendency to come up with big goals at important times. Now whether I would take him back is another thing. Can he cover big distances with his heart issues and is he the same player from those years ago? Inter Milan would say otherwise and it could be deemed a step back. Nevertheless, I’m very happy for him and for Brentford, I think it’s a really good fit for both parties. I’ll following with interest until the end of the season
I’m convinced if he shines for Brentford he’s coming back

Back
Top Bottom