Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho bigging up a player after what may well be his last ever game for us isn't really surprising but as Airfixx says, where does he claim Eriksen was better than any of the other midfielders?

Also, what a manager says in public and what a manager really thinks are definitely not always the same thing.

"I didn't see it" as Wenger used to say.

If you are trying to sell and maximise the fee, makes sense to big up the guy you are selling. And to make out he'd be useful to keep for the rest of the season.

If we can't offload then when the window closes the cooing from Mou will stop and probably Eriksen will be back on the bench.

Thanks for the good times Christian! Hope you do well in Italy! Maybe he can beat the first man...

source.gif

Thanks Chris.. once used to be a joy to watch you spray the ball around WHL..but you've completely lost heart and effort. I cannot recall the last 50/50 you actually committed to and that's not good enough! Bye.

pray that Levy reinvests the money ASAP.

Mourinho bigging up a player after what may well be his last ever game for us isn't really surprising but as Airfixx says, where does he claim Eriksen was better than any of the other midfielders?

Also, what a manager says in public and what a manager really thinks are definitely not always the same thing.

"I didn't see it" as Wenger used to say.

So you don't believe Mourinho thought Eriksen was good enough and wanted him to stay?

He’s boiled all our piss over the last year or so, but it is absolutely the case that he could have downed tools completely and pocketed the money Milan is giving us this Summer.

I wish him well in Italy but it feels like a sad end.

if true he has gone, and we've got £15m that's a relief. Put a line under it, learn and move on. Others should take note... Deep down Milan wasn't he dream move but all that he could get. The debate will go on whether it's a step up or not, the fact it's even a debate speaks volumes...

Lets get Le Celso up to speed and leading that role. He has shown desire and guile, sure some intricate passes aren't going his way but that's going to happen when trying to thread a ball through the eye of a needle. Need a robust DM behind him to provide support.

I dare say things would have panned out like this had Poch still been here but Mou needs time and a few signings to stamp his mark.

Could have left a legend. Shame he will not be remembered in that way. To be fair he didn't do a Berbatov etc and they get a lot of praise.
I see what you mean but very different scenario imo. Berb had offer from Manu but Spurs didn't want to sell while Eriksen said he wanted to leave last summer , Spurs didn't object but no offers.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris.. once used to be a joy to watch you spray the ball around WHL..but you've completely lost heart and effort. I cannot recall the last 50/50 you actually committed to and that's not good enough! Bye.

pray that Levy reinvests the money ASAP.

:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom