Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The word is that the deal is done - between Inter and Eriksen - and we are just gradually forcing the price up. 17m now the figure being talked about ...

In the meantime Mourinho is giving Inter the finger by saying, he's my player and I'll play him until he breaks or you buy him.

Fact is even at 75% Eriksen is still a very good player, and it's not as if we have a bench full of fit options ... my guess is next week, but why not wait another 13 days wouldn't you for an extra few million?
Can you imagine if Eriksen does play on Saturday and breaks his leg or something. Out of contact in the summer, unable to play, not getting a wage. But also we don't get any money for the sale in January too, bit of a gamble for all parties involved.

Can you imagine if Eriksen does play on Saturday and breaks his leg or something. Out of contact in the summer, unable to play, not getting a wage. But also we don't get any money for the sale in January too, bit of a gamble for all parties involved.

Bit like Bruno Fernandes playing last night, not his best game by a long way hardly made one attempted tackle in 90 minutes, not that he's very good at tackling anyway but he normally has a go.

Think he is destined for Utd and I reckon they will be in for a bit off a shock No question Bruno is a top player but he has a pass completion rate of around 75% ... that means he losses the ball one in four times, that's OK when you are playing tier two teams most weeks but in the EPL? ... Pogba was constantly slaughtered for 'giving the ball away' yet he has a pass rate over 80%

another comparison Eriksen playing at half-pace has still managed over 80% this season ...

Don't get me wrong Bruno would be a huge signing, but at their best Erlksen is still the better player.

Bit like Bruno Fernandes playing last night, not his best game by a long way hardly made one attempted tackle in 90 minutes, not that he's very good at tackling anyway but he normally has a go.

Think he is destined for Utd and I reckon they will be in for a bit off a shock No question Bruno is a top player but he has a pass completion rate of around 75% ... that means he losses the ball one in four times, that's OK when you are playing tier two teams most weeks but in the EPL? ... Pogba was constantly slaughtered for 'giving the ball away' yet he has a pass rate over 80%

another comparison Eriksen playing at half-pace has still managed over 80% this season ...

Don't get me wrong Bruno would be a huge signing, but at their best Erlksen is still the better player.

how many times does Alexis Sanchez lose the ball?

how many times does Alexis Sanchez lose the ball?
Not many these days unless it's in training ... lol ... when he was playing more he was around 80% at Barca and 78% at Woolwich ... but he's a totally different player. Bruno is a class act would love us to sign him, still think he'll struggle at OT but he could be an absolute star ... be nice to see him in the EPL.

and did you ever stop to wonder why he is still playing ? maybe the manager thinks the team needs CE because he is the best midfielder THFC has got even playing out of position in a defensive setup - that would be my guess - but i suppose the table will show whether spurs need CE or not at the end of the season...
I think this has the hand of levy over it. It's like when you part exchange your old car for a new car at a dealer, paperwork all signed but the new car won't be ready for another week. So in the meantime you decide to drive up to Scotland

But most of Eriksen’s passes are now tippy tappy 5 yard sideways risk free passes. You compare that to Lo Celso who probably has a lower completion rate but at least he is always looking to play forward. So pass completion rate is a pretty worthless statistic in my book

If only it had been 4mths. Its been about 13 or 14mths. He started to down tools around Nov/Dec 2018.
i guess your memory needs some help - eriksen was brilliant in 18/19 playing an essential role in the champions league and doing well in the premiership. Christian Eriksen Statistics | Premier League 8 goals and 12 assists in the premiership i would claim is acceptable - just to remind you - harry kane made 17 goals and 4 assists - but i guess you think he was shite too?

i guess your memory needs some help - eriksen was brilliant in 18/19 playing an essential role in the champions league and doing well in the premiership. Christian Eriksen Statistics | Premier League 8 goals and 12 assists in the premiership i would claim is acceptable - just to remind you - harry kane made 17 goals and 4 assists - but i guess you think he was shite too?

Kane played 8 fewer PL games than Eriksen but contributed to more goals. Eriksen very nearly cost us in the QFs with his pass to Aguero, he offered nothing in the semi-final and didn't step up at all in the final. To claim he was essential is laughable but I wouldn't expect anything less from a Dane that has no interest in Spurs.

But most of Eriksen’s passes are now tippy tappy 5 yard sideways risk free passes. You compare that to Lo Celso who probably has a lower completion rate but at least he is always looking to play forward. So pass completion rate is a pretty worthless statistic in my book
sometimes i wonder if you people watch the games at all. i found this little neet instruction video describing how to play as a CAM

Kane played 8 fewer PL games than Eriksen but contributed to more goals. Eriksen very nearly cost us in the QFs with his pass to Aguero, he offered nothing in the semi-final and didn't step up at all in the final. To claim he was essential is laughable but I wouldn't expect anything less from a Dane that has no interest in Spurs.
Ad hominem is allways an option - rarely a good one...who cares - you dont deserve a player of CEs obvious quality - i gues THFC is more suited for the harry winks of the world - good luck with that.

sometimes i wonder if you people watch the games at all. i found this little neet instruction video describing how to play as a CAM

Jesus Christ mate you may watch the matches but you do so as an obsessed fan. I am not going to waste my time watching the video. He has not been at his best for a long time as everyone including you knows. The supporters until now have been very patient with him and have made considerable allowances for his terrible form because they remember how good he used to be until 18 months ago albeit in a very good team. You really don’t seem to be a Spurs fan and certainly don’t seem to understand the English Premier League and the commitment required. Stick to Middelfart and Odense etc

Jesus Christ mate you may watch the matches but you do so as an obsessed fan. I am not going to waste my time watching the video. He has not been at his best for a long time as everyone including you knows. The supporters until now have been very patient with him and have made considerable allowances for his terrible form because they remember how good he used to be until 18 months ago albeit in a very good team. You really don’t seem to be a Spurs fan and certainly don’t seem to understand the English Premier League and the commitment required. Stick to Middelfart and Odense etc
I am not obsessed with anything - but i am bewildered by the absence of basic football knowledge leading to the baseless and disrespectful attacks of the best player in THFC since Modric. CE will be playing against Watford later today - i guess Mourinho still thinks CE is the best midfielder in THFC.

If only it had been 4mths. Its been about 13 or 14mths. He started to down tools around Nov/Dec 2018.
Again, short memories.

December 2018. 80th minute v Inter at Wembley, 0-0. We were going out. Eriksen pops up and scores the winner. The rest is history.

He has been awful and is gone, but we mustn't forget.

I am not obsessed with anything - but i am bewildered by the absence of basic football knowledge leading to the baseless and disrespectful attacks of the best player in THFC since Modric. CE will be playing against Watford later today - i guess Mourinho still thinks CE is the best midfielder in THFC.

I am gonna say one last thing about him to you. You keep saying we are being disrespectful to him but he hasn’t played well for some time. We have heard a million reasons for his poor form- contract discussions, infidelity issues, carrying an injury, fatigue, him needing good players around him to bring the best out of him etc etc. The end result is that we more often than not play with 10 men when he is playing. On the whole we are pretty reserved and polite in Britain and it is only very recently that a few people in the crowd have become a bit impatient with him. If he ends up in Italy they will not tolerate poor performance for long whatever the reason

In defence of Eriksen, he has still tried to get his head down and play for Tottenham - and he’s always said that staying is a good option. He’s also not the only one who has appeared utterly deflated and unable to get back to a decent basic level post Madrid.

I really think the whole team and management thought Madrid and a CL win was going to be the icing on the cake of an unlikely charge to the biggest trophy in club football but, as a group, were not able to actually fight to win it.

Eriksen has given us a good number of years’ service and, for me, deserves respect and recognition for his time with us, even though the past year has been pretty poor.

I just wish the club had sold him for a big fee when we had the chance in the summer, as he’s clearly mentally done with Tottenham.

P.S. despite that it’s still true that a 60% Eriksen is probably our best option in the middle of the park, which shows how bad our recruitment and succession planning has been.

P.P.S my favourite Eriksen memory is probably the third goal vs Real Madrid at Wembley. A great goal and the noise...

The word is that the deal is done - between Inter and Eriksen - and we are just gradually forcing the price up. 17m now the figure being talked about ...

In the meantime Mourinho is giving Inter the finger by saying, he's my player and I'll play him until he breaks or you buy him.

Fact is even at 75% Eriksen is still a very good player, and it's not as if we have a bench full of fit options ... my guess is next week, but why not wait another 13 days wouldn't you for an extra few million?

Eriksen has been at 10% or less. He's a hindrance to the team at the moment and is a real liability with the ball. 10 men would be better.

If Eriksen can pass the ball 5 yards backwards 80% of the time successfully why the hell are Madrid not in for him?

If that's all he does, might we well just use Winks. At least he tackles.

You just described Winks as well who people seem to love. The guys as pointless as Eriksen now.

Ad hominem is allways an option - rarely a good one...who cares - you dont deserve a player of CEs obvious quality - i gues THFC is more suited for the harry winks of the world - good luck with that.

Please leave. You're not a Spurs fan and not one Spurs fan gives one single, solitary fuck what an Eriksen fanboi thinks. Defending Eriksen because you're a Dane is like defending a peodo because he's your dad.

Eriksen has been at 10% or less. He's a hindrance to the team at the moment and is a real liability with the ball. 10 men would be better.

If that's all he does, might we well just use Winks. At least he tackles.

You just described Winks as well who people seem to love. The guys as pointless as Eriksen now.

Please leave. You're not a Spurs fan and not one Spurs fan gives one single, solitary fuck what an Eriksen fanboi thinks. Defending Eriksen because you're a Dane is like defending a peodo because he's your dad.

Oh well I don’t suppose Doktordanny will be on here for much longer anyway. In fact he is probably waiting for his Italian language course to come through the door so that he can annoy the Inter fans on their forums. (though I am starting to think theydon’t want Eriksen either 😯

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom