Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has been booked for medical in Italy on Monday morning between 9.30 and 11.30 am at the Milan NHS trust.
THFC will announce the transfer on Monday/Tuesday.
Will he still be able to faff around for 90 minute doing shit all on Saturday afternoon, though? That’s what we’re all asking - there’s some first-men-in-the-wall to be hit. Don’t hit themselves!

i have no problems supporting thfc even though many of the clubs supporters are complete idiots - nothing new from when i used to live in north london myself. the players however take note - they dont want to be a part of a club where supporters booh their own at home...
Guessing Eriksen doesn’t want to go to RM, then??
[/QUOTE]
If he thinks the THFC supporters are "complete idiots". He will be in for a shock when his love of his Danish compatriot takes him into the orbit of the boys from the Curva Nord. You know the ones, who'd like their own center forward to embrace the monkey chants as a sign of respect. Let me tell you Eriksen phoning in performances and jumping out of tackles for 12 months would have seen more that a few boos from them.

Guessing Eriksen doesn’t want to go to RM, then??
If he thinks the THFC supporters are "complete idiots". He will be in for a shock when his love of his Danish compatriot takes him into the orbit of the boys from the Curva Nord. You know the ones, who'd like their own center forward to embrace the monkey chants as a sign of respect. Let me tell you Eriksen phoning in performances and jumping out of tackles for 12 months would have seen more that a few boos from them.
[/QUOTE]
I think we’ve been pretty lenient, tbh. Wouldn’t have minded if he’d have looked like he was busting a gut week in, week out.

"Hi Daniel, we just wanted to enquire where Christian has been for the past 18 months?"

i guess he has been doing wery well - otherwise there would not be interest from the biggest clubs in europe - i hope he chooses Inter even though Barca could be tempting. Inter is a team on the way up - Barca not so much...
[/QUOTE]

Fuck off, he's been shit for months.

He wanted Barca or Real, had to settle for Inter instead.

Fuck him.

Best of a bad lot really, can't say I'm happy or sad at this point.

We've missed the Eriksen we had 12-18 months ago massively and 20 million euros won't get you close to replacing that but on the other hand the Eriksen we have now is worthless so gotta be happy with the money.

I don't really wish him we'll.

Well, it's been real Chris.

Hope he finds what he is looking for, and I'm thankful for the years of service and some of the most enjoyable football we've seen. When we were good, he was the brain of the system. But we are a decidedly brainless outfit these days, so probably not going to lose much in this transfer.

We fucked up not selling him when his stock was high and might've got Coutinho money for him.

In time we’ll all (or most of us) wish the fella well. The fulcrum of one of the best Spurs sides in living memory.

We all know that he’s been well of it for a year or two now - and that that has coincided with our alarming drop off as a team..

Intuitive, thinking football with a free kick up his sleeve whenever he felt like pulling it out. Couldn’t tackle for shit but that’s not what he was in the team for. Beating the first man at corners on the otherhand!!!!

Hope the announcement and pocketing of the cash comes quickly now - seems like Levy’s Barca ruse panicked Inter then

Wonderfull player and I will miss him.

A big part of the best Tottenham side in generations.

We have a seriously warped fanbase, signing Rose's name whilst running his mouth off to The Sun, and only ever playing really well for 3 of his 13 years at the club (214 apps), wanting Bale back who down tools and refused to train, worshipping Berba who fucked us off, whilst booing one of the best players this Club has had in the modern era whilst wearing a Tottenham shirt, who never once run his mouth off about the club, never downed tools, always available for selection across 4 managers.

Eriksen has played consistently well for 5 of his 6 and half years, during this time (half the time Rose has been at the club) he has racked up nearly 100 apps more than him! Whilst on wages of £70k per week.

Wish him nothing but the best.

On the plus sides, we have (apparently) £17mil when we could have nothing, he hasn't gone to a team in the Prem or the big Spanish teams.
On the negative he has really phoned it in for a while recently and his value has fallen massively so instead of getting a squad rebuilding sum we have got a (relatively) small amount. I think the whole circumstances were properly "Spursy" though. Hazard pushing through his move and Pogba's saga meant that the clubs who really would have spent had alternative targets. Had that not happened he would probably have left with our blessing and for a fat wedge. Small margins and all that....

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom