Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of my favourite ever Spurs players, almost ever present, popped up with so many important goals. His understanding with Dele and Kane during the 2015-18 seasons became borderline telepathic. A big shame he never truly bossed a big knockout game or a final, and his poor form in the last 12 months has been a big part of our recent doldrums. Also very shit at corners for someone of his talent.

In time I reckon he'll be thought of fondly by most.

Even though he frustrated me this last year or so. I will always think back to that 2017 Christian Eriksen, the way he drove the midfield forward, his pin-point accurate passing, and that hairline which resonated with many like me, who are starting to see their hair recede.

Anyways, good luck in Inter. I'd really like them to get one over Juve soon.

Can go fast yeah, regaining it not so easy. Hope not anyway, I'd quite like it if he consciously half arsed it and then found that he couldn't just get his mojo back when he pleased.

I'm baffled why anyone would feel any different tbh.... All the talk from some about putting water under the bridge and wishing him future success..... ? If he just reverts to the player we once knew, I'm gonna be all the more disgusted.

I hope he doesn't play tomorrow, don't want anything to jeopardize the move. Apart from Rose, haven't wanted to see the back of a player as much as Eriksen. They have tried my patience as far as it can go.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Last edited:
The hate on Eriksen is ridiculous. As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has pointed out, he’s given us so many years - and at his prime - compared to others who have fucked off after 1-2 years. #Klinsmann

He’s a class player who needs a new challenge. So many good memories. Good luck and I hope his impression of the club is not tainted by some of the tragic booing of the last few months.

Wonderfull player and I will miss him.

A big part of the best Tottenham side in generations.

We have a seriously warped fanbase, signing Rose's name whilst running his mouth off to The Sun, and only ever playing really well for 3 of his 13 years at the club (214 apps), wanting Bale back who down tools and refused to train, worshipping Berba who fucked us off, whilst booing one of the best players this Club has had in the modern era whilst wearing a Tottenham shirt, who never once run his mouth off about the club, never downed tools, always available for selection across 4 managers.

Eriksen has played consistently well for 5 of his 6 and half years, during this time (half the time Rose has been at the club) he has racked up nearly 100 apps more than him! Whilst on wages of £70k per week.

Wish him nothing but the best.

The hate on Eriksen is ridiculous. As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has pointed out, he’s given us so many years - and at his prime - compared to others who have fucked off after 1-2 years. #Klinsmann

He’s a class player who needs a new challenge. So many good memories. Good luck and I hope his impression of the club is not tainted by some of the tragic booing of the last few months.

He hasn't "given" us a thing... He's earned a fuck load of dosh over his tenure.

"Only 18 months" out of 6 years is banter..... That's virtually a third of his time here.

I genuinely don't even think it's a case of him not performing at a high level due to the contract issue and probably just think if anything he's burned out or simply peaked. Alexis Sanchez style. It happens and the signs were there before last season.

BUT he has been excellent for us and he's more than paid for his transfer fee. Our absolute best player in AVBs last season/Sherwoods season. Brilliant in the Poch years and provided plenty of great moments from the last minute winners against shit to the goals against Chelsea, Madrid, United, City etc.

Good luck at your next club Christian.

Back
Top Bottom