Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming this is 100% now because some no mates said it on Twitter?

if so, he was an absolute bargain, fee and salary, and he was one of the key players in what made us excellent during the Poch years. But he’s been shit for a year, so doubt we’ll miss much. He’ll go on to have a stormer in Milan, with a bit more time on the ball and maybe less training. Don’t care if he does well or not.

Wish him well, nothing more. If he ever comes back to The Lane, I doubt that we would chant his name or boo him. As I've said, he had the chance to be a legend of the modern era here, but instead he'll be remembered as just a good player who played for us, nothing more.

I just think it's sad

I always hope that a player leaves on good terms with fond memories.

I would truly like to know what's going on with him.
If he doesnt put in 100% I'd rather he didnt play and I hope he gets the move he wants soon

He hasn't "given" us a thing... He's earned a fuck load of dosh over his tenure.

"Only 18 months" out of 6 years is banter..... That's virtually a third of his time here.
"given us" where have you got that from?

He could have at least doubled his wages at many clubs Max Mayer is on £139k pw at Palace!

He was still one of our best players last year, it's just that the entire team dropped off, or didn't you notice this?

I'm not going to get too excited over this just yet, when Inter start his medical and find his current top speed is 'slow jog' they might change their minds.

The hate on Eriksen is ridiculous. As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has pointed out, he’s given us so many years - and at his prime - compared to others who have fucked off after 1-2 years. #Klinsmann

He’s a class player who needs a new challenge. So many good memories. Good luck and I hope his impression of the club is not tainted by some of the tragic booing of the last few months.

But why do you think it is acceptable to not put in 100% which seem to be the common consensus of fans and many pundits? Not the actions of a class player imo.

I think his attitude and performances of the last 2 years have completely tarnished his reputation unfortunately. Modric got a lot of stick from us when he was threatening to leave before his big money move to Madrid, but he repaid that by playing out of skin in his last season for us. Eriksen has been nothing short of abysmal now for 1 and a half years. He was a fantastic player prior to that, but that’s soon forgotten when you can’t even be bothered to challenge the opposition players every game you play. A complete weakling of a player that I’m glad to see the back of. It’s no wonder why the club win fuck all with weak minded players like Eriksen ducking out of challenges.

Good luck to our fantastic number 23.

What incredible value we had from a player who cost a paltry 11million quid and went on to make over 220 appearances and scoring an incredible 51 goals from midfield.
A genius who could pick a pass and shimmy past his man. I for one feel priveledged to have had him representing my club.

Who could forget his masterclass in the 3-1 demolition of Real Madrid at Wembley a little over two years ago

A rarity in the modern game in that for him it's not all about the money.

Told Levy to fuck off when he tried to cash him in at Man Utd, Legend.

Good luck Christian, one of our modern greats. A crying shame you couldn't cap of your Spurs career with a trophy.

:adesalute:

A big part of the best Tottenham side in generations.

Best Spurs team in generations?

Fuck the European trophies, we won the Audi cup!

never downed tools

Eriksen has played consistently well for 5 of his 6 and half years, during this time (half the time Rose has been at the club) he has racked up nearly 100 apps more than him! Whilst on wages of £70k per week.

Wish him nothing but the best.

If you’re saying his last 18 months was his inconsistent form then that means you’re claiming he played consistently well for 5 years which is laughable given he always used to stop playing whenever he was in contract talks for a start. Outside of maybe Messi and Ronaldo, nobody has been consistently good for 5 years.

Good job on comparing him to Rose, a left-back part of Poch’s full back rotation plan, who suffered numerous injuries from actually tackling and trying to win the ball.

Spurs offered Eriksen more money years ago and he rejected it but what a saint for playing on only 70k per week and being such a great servant to the club!

I think his attitude and performances of the last 2 years have completely tarnished his reputation unfortunately. Modric got a lot of stick from us when he was threatening to leave before his big money move to Madrid, but he repaid that by playing out of skin in his last season for us. Eriksen has been nothing short of abysmal now for 1 and a half years. He was a fantastic player prior to that, but that’s soon forgotten when you can’t even be bothered to challenge the opposition players every game you play. A complete weakling of a player that I’m glad to see the back of. It’s no wonder why the club win fuck all with weak minded players like Eriksen ducking out of challenges.

Oh come on, try to remember the positives. He was a member of the best team we’ve had in our living memory.

I always try to remember the good times I’ve has with my old girlfriends even though every single one of those relationships went down the shitter in the end.

Back
Top Bottom