Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best Spurs team in generations?

Fuck the European trophies, we won the Audi cup!

If you’re saying his last 18 months was his inconsistent form then that means you’re claiming he played consistently well for 5 years which is laughable given he always used to stop playing whenever he was in contract talks for a start. Outside of maybe Messi and Ronaldo, nobody has been consistently good for 5 years.

Good job on comparing him to Rose, a left-back part of Poch’s full back rotation plan, who suffered numerous injuries from actually tackling and trying to win the ball.

Spurs offered Eriksen more money years ago and he rejected it but what a saint for playing on only 70k per week and being such a great servant to the club!
Go sing Rose's name them mate, show him your love like he is showing us his.

Favourite Eriksen moment was the third goal @ Swansea in 2017. A brilliant away day, just great great fun and what a turn around.

Where we are at now is just sad. But, as this week has worn on, and as this window has worn on I have concluded that he’s right to go and right to want to go to somewhere with ambition.

Look at us faff about trying to repair the damage to the stern of the ship while the bow keeps pissing water. It’s absolutely ridiculous and I don’t blame him for going, when we are so inept. We have the best facilities in the world supposed to have anyway, for what ?

I do blame him for how he’s going, but he’s sticking his fingers up at Levy & ENIC and not at us.

"given us" where have you got that from?

The other bloke I quoted in my post:

"he’s given us so many years"

He could have at least doubled his wages at many clubs Max Mayer is on £139k pw at Palace!

Coulda doubled his wages here too... 2+ years ago. He chose not to....

He was still one of our best players last year, it's just that the entire team dropped off, or didn't you notice this?

Well you framed it as 5 out of 6 years..... Others are complaining about a poor 18 months.... Split the difference? :)

re: Other players.... How many other players were dreaming of "new challenges"?

The hate on Eriksen is ridiculous. As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has pointed out, he’s given us so many years - and at his prime - compared to others who have fucked off after 1-2 years. #Klinsmann

He’s a class player who needs a new challenge. So many good memories. Good luck and I hope his impression of the club is not tainted by some of the tragic booing of the last few months.
Couldn’t have said it better myself

Favourite Eriksen moment was the third goal @ Swansea in 2017. A brilliant away day, just great great fun and what a turn around.

Where we are at now is just sad. But, as this week has worn on, and as this window has worn on I have concluded that he’s right to go and right to want to go to somewhere with ambition.

Look at us faff about trying to repair the damage to the stern of the ship while the bow keeps pissing water. It’s absolutely ridiculous and I don’t blame him for going, when we are so inept. We have the best facilities in the world supposed to have anyway, for what ?

I do blame him for how he’s going, but he’s sticking his fingers up at Levy & ENIC and not at us.

But he is part of the reason that we are so inept

I'm not going to get too excited over this just yet, when Inter start his medical and find his current top speed is 'slow jog' they might change their minds.

And let’s hope they don’t measure leg power and upper body strength either. In fact this could go very pear shaped

giphy.gif

Eriksen and his agent have messed with his career, there is a reason most players sign new contracts or move on to other clubs, firstly it ensures you are on maximum wages - Eriksen has lost out on millions - but even if money isn't everything secondly it also ensures you maintain good relationships with owners, managers and fans.

By every account we've read Eriksen has been nothing but professional, yet he's had nearly everyone turning against him at some point, that's not because he's done anything wrong but simply because he hasn't always done what's best for Spurs. Does he need to do what best for Spurs? absolutely not it's his life, but when taking the path he has chosen he can't then complain when people turn on him ... that's real life.

Eriksen has been a great servant for most of his time with us, once he's gone the rancour will die down and he will be remembered for the good times. Legend? not a chance and that's a shame he could so easily have been if he was just a bit smarter, or a bit better advised.

He will do great in Serie A, he'd do great anywhere, wish him well. In the end, like most of us, I will be glad the saga is finally over .... sad end.

Eriksen and his agent have messed with his career, there is a reason most players sign new contracts or move on to other clubs, firstly it ensures you are on maximum wages - Eriksen has lost out on millions - but even if money isn't everything secondly it also ensures you maintain good relationships with owners, managers and fans.

By every account we've read Eriksen has been nothing but professional, yet he's had nearly everyone turning against him at some point, that's not because he's done anything wrong but simply because he hasn't always done what's best for Spurs. Does he need to do what best for Spurs? absolutely not it's his life, but when taking the path he has chosen he can't then complain when people turn on him ... that's real life.

Eriksen has been a great servant for most of his time with us, once he's gone the rancour will die down and he will be remembered for the good times. Legend? not a chance and that's a shame he could so easily have been if he was just a bit smarter, or a bit better advised.

He will do great in Serie A, he'd do great anywhere, wish him well. In the end, like most of us, I will be glad the saga is finally over .... sad end.
I agree with most of this, but don't wish him well. Sorry, but I bear a grudge against players who I feel take the mick out of the Club.
Also, don't agree with the comments that he has been professional - feel that he has been anything but!

Also "being professional" shouldn't be classed as a positive characteristic. We all go to work and have to put up with a lot worse shit than someone like him who probably nets 50k per week. He has been pretty underwhelming to say the least for a good while. While he hasnt been unprofessional, in my most other professions he would have got sacked for those fucking corners alone.

At his best he was a great spurs player. Sadly the last 12 months tarnished that for me. Anyone earning that much wedge has a responsibility to put in their best. He has been giving 50-75% for a long time. That to me means I wont be sad to see him go

Could earn up to £320k pw at inter.

I think he'll be happy in the end with how it's turned out. He's never been someone who likes the spotlight. He'll just quietly go about his business at inter. They'll win some domestic trophies then he'll move on. Can't see him staying at inter as long as he has done with us.

Back
Top Bottom