Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just goes to show that life is precious. We must try and make the most of every moment. Fortunately, there are the best paramedics and equipment in the world at these events. One of my Dad's friends died in his 30s walking down the street. He just collapsed, the doctors didn't really know why.

It's so unbelievably amazing that he pulled through. For a while there I honestly thought he had died. It was one of those moments where you just don't know how to process anything, nothing else mattered, all I could do was hope. There was just silence in the stadium, the commentators weren't talking, and all you could see through the crowd of players was the medical team giving him CPR. They did an amazing job to save him. And respect to the players and referee for reacting quickly enough. I just hope he can recover from this and still have a good long life.

Very traumatic horrible thing to witness. The last thing I expected would happen on a quiet sleepy saturday.

Not sure why you disagree. It was exactly as serious, he suffered a heart attack and to basically it looked like he died on the football pitch. Doesn't get more serious than that does it?

I won't insult you or call you names as it's clear you didn't see the horror unfold live on TV.
Wait......someone disagreed with you on the interwebs?

I've just seen what happened.

To clarify its definitely a sudden cardiac arrest. All his symptoms of the episode point to that. There is no doubt the Muamba incident has resulted in improved medical attention.

As a professional in this field I have to say the fact he is stable and talking so quickly means that there is a good chance for him to make a full recovery. There are doubts that he will play again though. I don't think that matters, he's managed to get through the crisis period of an episode like this.

There is no way you can predict this, an episode like this does not present any symptoms. He is not even someone we would consider in a high risk group, unless he has a familial risk which obviously is not public knowledge. He will have been through screening before, but sudden cardiac episodes are devastating purely for the fact you can't predict them.

He's not out of the woods yet, next 48 hours are important. Surprised that the Denmark and Finland game is back on.

This will also affect other players who are close to him e.g. Kane, Toby, Verts, Inter and Ajax boys. The good news is that he is conscious!

Hang in there Maestro.

Back
Top Bottom