Combatting racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Makes me think of the the Terry v Ledley incident at WHL. The way Ledley reacted must have been due to something Terry said.
King has spoken about it.

What did John Terry say to you that got him sent off in the match at White Hart Lane in 2006?
Jack McInroy - via Twitter
I honestly don’t know what happened. Me and JT were jostling in the box; I was defending a corner, he was trying to score. He ended up dragging me to the ground and he got up. I honestly can’t remember what he said. I remember coming off the pitch and people saying it was something racist, but I didn’t hear anything at the time so could never point the finger.

I’m still not actually sure what he was sent off for. I think he barged into Benoit Assou-Ekotto on the way back to his own end, and a couple of the other black French-speaking players – Pascal Chimbonda and Didier Zokora – went to defend their friend. Maybe some people jumped to conclusions because of that, but those players didn’t hear anything either.

It was only after the game that we were reading messages [suggesting it may have been racist], and we were surprised by that.

It didn’t affect my relationship with John. We played when we were young, but we were never best buddies – we never spoke to each other off the pitch when we were younger, we just played in the same team. Obviously we’ve got a lot of respect for each other, and we’ve played for England together, but just because you play with somebody, that doesn’t mean you speak off the pitch.

Fucking hell, this lot

agwn3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom