Combatting racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like most on here I’ve been to countless footbal matches, I can barely remember a racist incident. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist or condoning it, but I do think on the whole football fans get unfairly tarnished. I’d say 99.9% of fans judge a player on his ability and attitude rather than his colour.

Perhaps I’m naive

I hate this agenda that everyone east of Germany is racist scum. Fuck off.
Please don't accuse me of that. It's untrue.

The Letna Stadium has been the scene of repeated racial abuse of black players this season, two incidents of which prompted the Czech Football Association to impose laughably meagre fines on the club.

When the abuse extended into a Champions League qualifier on Aug 3, when Monaco’s French international midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni was targeted, Uefa ordered that supporters be banned from the venue for the next European tie, which turned out to be the Europa League visit by Rangers.

Between times, it was decided that a crowd of schoolchildren would be permitted to watch the match, but any hope that the new generation of supporters would distance themselves from the bigotry of their seniors was dashed when Glen Kamara was jeered relentlessly before he was ordered off for a second caution late in the proceedings.

Kamara was the player at the centre of the notorious incident during last season’s meeting of Rangers and the other Prague side in the same tournament, when the Slavia defender, Ondrej Kudela, called him a “f------ monkey”.

How can you know that? Do you know ehy he got booked?
I hate this agenda that everyone east of Germany is racist scum. Fuck off.

Open your eyes man.

Edit: For clarity, I mean open your eyes to the racism problem and am in no way implying that everyone east of Germany is racist scum. That, of course, is nonsense.

Last edited:
Lots of good people east of Germany. I was down there in bosnia.
Never said there wasn’t. Of course there are! That doesn’t mean there isn’t a massive problem with racism though. I’m sure racists are still in the minority in most if not all countries but some countries have a larger section of racists than others. That’s a fact 👍🏾

Never said there wasn’t. Of course there are! That doesn’t mean there isn’t a massive problem with racism though. I’m sure racists are still in the minority in most if not all countries but some countries have a larger section of racists than others. That’s a fact 👍🏾
Root of the problem has nothing to do with skin colour. More behaviour. Both sides if there is such a thing. Also add in religion and you have a fine mess.

Open your eyes man.

Edit: For clarity, I mean open your eyes to the racism problem and am in no way implying that everyone east of Germany is racist scum. That, of course, is nonsense.
There is racist problem, of course.

I'm just talkin about this case, where 10k of school children is acused of racism because they were booing when Kamara got red card. It's common in football when player leaves the pitchh to be booed (or whatever). Kamara kicked their player and got sent of, am I right? That's maybe the cause of booing, not that he's black. They would boo whoever did thaz and left the pitch. C'mon.

They weren't booing him as a player. They were booing him because he was black.
Do you have proof of that? Did you personally go to the match and noticed they were booing him because he was black or did you read some Sky Sports article and what Kamara/Gerrard said and took it for gospel?

No it’s not a fact. How can you say it’s a fact when there’s 0 proof to back that up? Have you been to any Eastern European country? Have you talked to regular people? You think you know it just because you’ve heard some groups of hooligans chant monkey or whatever the fuck they did. Well done.

This is probably not the thread for it. But this is another example of Spurs shifting Son more and more into being the face of the club rather than Harry. Even with Harry staying after the window.

I may be thinking too much about it but the club is most likely still prepared for his exit.

Obviously for this particular video Son makes sense since he has suffered from racial abuse whilst playing for us. But you see it in our other media content as well.

Back
Top Bottom