Combatting racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Baddiel has issued a statement :

its spurs fans fault, blame them, not us.

Ps does anyone know any funny comedians? Only my career has been in a rut for a while now and whilst the one show is great now and then to remind people I am not dead, I need to find a talented comedian I can team up with again to leech off. You know like the 1990s (except the blacking up bit, that was spurs fans that put me up to it and skinner, I was badly advised.

Love Dave

He was always the un-tallented one in the Mary Whitehouse Experience.

Punt, Numan & Dennis were all quality.

Combating racism in football is just bullsh!t.

The issue is that racism exists in society.

It is not going to stop at the doors of stadia.

The scourge of the world alongside religious bigotry and poverty.

Yeah it's almost as if the FA just want to sweep it under the rug for a few hours at a time.

Honestly I don't get why the POC players don't just strike and protest for a week. It's the individual clubs responsibility for the safety of the players, and if they keep letting repeat offenders in, then doesn't that somehow go against health and safety?

Yeah it's almost as if the FA just want to sweep it under the rug for a few hours at a time.

Honestly I don't get why the POC players don't just strike and protest for a week. It's the individual clubs responsibility for the safety of the players, and if they keep letting repeat offenders in, then doesn't that somehow go against health and safety?

Yes, but the issue of racism is societal.

You can't screen for it like a Covid test.

If it exists in a society and it does in most, then it will be more apparent in certain settings.

How to deal? I say the countries should be shamed in some fashion. Forget banning fans alone or closing stadia.

I just think a completely radical but widescale approach is necessary in addition to much softer measures.

Yes, but the issue of racism is societal.

You can't screen for it like a Covid test.

If it exists in a society and it does in most, then it will be more apparent in certain settings.

How to deal? I say the countries should be shamed in some fashion. Forget banning fans alone or closing stadia.

I just think a completely radical but widescale approach is necessary in addition to much softer measures.
Well that's why I thought that the only way to make a real impact is if the "ethnic players" refused to play in matches.

Imagine, across the top 5 European leagues and the MLS if every player who considered themselves a PoC refused to take the pitch.

Problem is you'd need the club's full, full support of each individual who refused to play

Well that's why I thought that the only way to make a real impact is if the "ethnic players" refused to play in matches.

Imagine, across the top 5 European leagues and the MLS if every player who considered themselves a PoC refused to take the pitch.

Problem is you'd need the club's full, full support of each individual who refused to play

I think if players talk of racism in football as a cover-up for racism in general that would send an infinitely stronger message.

This is not a football issue but one which is highlighted every so often because of the relatively high profile of the game.

Last edited:

Yeah, nah.

Whilst racism exists in all walks of life, this is a football forum. The players / managers / Clubs have a platform / megaphone the average Joe doesn't.

We may never rid ourselves of racism, but each step, be it sport, business, etc in addressing it , is a step in the right direction.

Ridding ourselves of racists cunts, be it as a collective or, one by one, is a good thing.

The guy got red card and they were whistling him and booing, that happens to anyone who's leaving the pitch as being subbed or sent of.

To call 10k children racist, that is dangerous and weird.

I have a friend in Prague he's not Czech and he's said he cannot believe this is even a story.

Back
Top Bottom