Combatting racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A wife beater AND an apartheid supporter

What a lovely chap this Mick must be - I’m sure he saves a fortune when buying a round for his mates..

"Retarded"

"Noncy"

"Cocksucker"

The glorious wife-beating rhetoric.

...And the fact you're literally insulted EVERYONE you've interacted with in this thread.

Is this like a greatest hits show, Mick?

Choo! Choo!

Once again trampling in ....
Brigante once posted that the reason I was a father again late in life was so that I could sexually assault my child
Arcwelder continually posts shit about me being a tax Dodger and being under investigation for child sex offences
Guido continually referred to me as ignorant - because he knew nothing about the slave trade??
Tell me, you interfering , sanctimonious arse, why should I make any attempt at sociable conversation with people who post baseless and foul insults about me?
Keep it up, because - let's face it, who doesn't love continual unsolicited commentary from the boards self appointed policeman, the poster totally incapable of keeping his unwanted opinions to himself.
Dont forget to feed your cats

A wife beater AND an apartheid supporter

What a lovely chap this Mick must be - I’m sure he saves a fortune when buying a round for his mates..
You are a turd in human clothes, who has nothing of value to say on any subject that adds value or quality to this board.
Provide proof of either of those inane and baseless comments or fuck off. Dont bother looking because you can't- all you can do is find stuff that you will misrepresent or lie about.

Arrested a 12 y.o., for the racist shit to Zaha. I'm sure he developed those opinions independently and had no influence from friends and family.

WTH is wrong with people.

Arrested a 12 y.o., for the racist shit to Zaha. I'm sure he developed those opinions independently and had no influence from friends and family.

I'm glad the perpetrator is a 12 year old kid and not an adult, there is still time for him to change.

Tbf when I was 12 there were kids who were absolute monsters with the sweetest parents. I know they probably did hear it from family and friends but I think it would be unfair to throw that at the parents without knowledge.
Having said that, thank god there was no social media when I was a child; I could barely think when I was that age, let alone understand consequences.
The problem is that twitter allows almost everyone on the planet to interact with each other. I know that the ease of access is the selling point but it allows a 12 year old boy to call a football player a "black cunt".

Tbf when I was 12 there were kids who were absolute monsters with the sweetest parents. I know they probably did hear it from family and friends but I think it would be unfair to throw that at the parents without knowledge.
Having said that, thank god there was no social media when I was a child; I could barely think when I was that age, let alone understand consequences.
The problem is that twitter allows almost everyone on the planet to interact with each other. I know that the ease of access is the selling point but it allows a 12 year old boy to call a football player a "black cunt".
How many arrests would they make on here, if they chose to pay attention to this forum I wonder.

How many arrests would they make on here, if they chose to pay attention to this forum I wonder.
If it was brought to their attention and they deemed it in the public interest, quite a few.
Racist abuse directed at someone via the internet is covered by several offences but the Malicious Communications Act and the Communications Act are very broad in their scope. It could cover a lot of stuff on here.

If it was brought to their attention and they deemed it in the public interest, quite a few.
Racist abuse directed at someone via the internet is covered by several offences but the Malicious Communications Act and the Communications Act are very broad in their scope. It could cover a lot of stuff on here.
If I see any racist abuse on here I'll bring it to their attention. What about general abuse?

If I see any racist abuse on here I'll bring it to their attention. What about general abuse?
Well, I am not telling anyone to be a grass and I believe these laws to be draconian.

Generally the Malicious Communications Act, but there is a high bar in the sense that the prosecutor has to prove the person sending it intended it to cause distress or anxiety to a particular person. The message can fall under this offence if it is either: A message that is indecent or grossly offensive; A threat; or Information that is false and is known or believed to be false by the sender.

The Communications Act offence of sending grossly offensive or "indecent, obscene or menacing messages" has a lower bar, in the sense that the person sending the message only has to "have awareness or recognition that sending the message may create fear or apprehension in any reasonable member of the public who reads or sees " (i.e they don't have to intend the message to cause fear and apprehension).
A further offence under the CA is an "intention to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety" by sending a false message. However, that requires the sender to intend the other person annoyance, inconvience or needless anxiety.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom