Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at the state of this from the blue moon forum
Spurs thread. We did win it 10 years later 😂

yankblue​

They've got to be the most pointless club to ever exist, right? Even 20 or so years ago when we were languishing and Spurs fans were giving me shit I could come back that we'd at least won the league in the past half century.

It's absolutely mind boggling that they've been there or about the top of the league for decades and have won absolutely nothing of note. They've spent nearly as much as anyone (but never as much as they had available, mind) and had some genuine world class players come through with nothing to show for it. Imagine being in a position to trot out a side with Modric, Kane, and Bale all in their prime and failing to do so?

They're the footballing equivalent of a handjob. Maybe they served a purpose a long, long time ago but they're certainly not relevant today, and everytime you come across it you're left both unfulfilled and sorely disappointed.

But, congrats on the cup in 81 Spurs. Just think if you'd won it 10 years later the internet would've been invented and you coud've read about it there
We definitely ruined his childhood, he's seen his team win it all and still can't get over Villa dribbling past his entire team 40 years ago.

I think we may have a Haaland 'win-win' on our hands here. If he's still injured and unable to play on the 26th Jan, excellent, but if he's in their line-up, he'll be facing one, some or all of... Romero, VdV, Dragusin - a clash I would love to see.

Date 'has been set' for hearing into Man City charges - Date 'has been set' for hearing into Man City charges

What a load of wank. If a date has been set for the hearing then there is no earthly reason it can not be shared.

City's charges related to a nine-year time frame from 2009. Since 2009, they have won the top flight seven times, but are facing potential relegation and having titles taken away if the case against them is proven.

They were also charged with failing to co-operate since the Premier League launched its investigation in 2018.

There have been reports the case will be heard at the end of this year, although this has not been confirmed by the Premier League and it seems unlikely there will be a verdict until 2025.

Well, I’ve come to grips with the conclusion that they’re going to beat these charges with minimal impact. It has all the hallmarks of disappointment to me.

The sheer lack of transparency alone is enough to make me jump to that conclusion, but when you add the fact they’re owned by a rich and wealthy country, and I just can’t get past the idea that palms are being greased. That, and “they’re” preparing us for the coming let down that “the case was always too difficult to prove”. I really hope I’m wrong.

Well, I’ve come to grips with the conclusion that they’re going to beat these charges with minimal impact. It has all the hallmarks of disappointment to me.

The sheer lack of transparency alone is enough to make me jump to that conclusion, but when you add the fact they’re owned by a rich and wealthy country, and I just can’t get past the idea that palms are being greased. That, and “they’re” preparing us for the coming let down that “the case was always too difficult to prove”. I really hope I’m wrong.

It's as obvious as obvious can be.

The thing is, other clubs might have met MPs to discuss it to, we dont know. But they would have brought up the charges in that meeting you would think and the government's relationship with Abu Dahbi.

Will a change in government change those discussions, probably not.

It is definitely bigger than just football.
For me I can’t understand why they’ve refused the FoI request. Why?

Back
Top Bottom