Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poor fella was the only one who went there and did it for the passion and the shirt, not for the clicks. Hopefully the rumors that he took his life are just that, rumors. It's extremely sad that one had to take his own life because of social media... RIP Claude, hopefully he finds the peace that he needed in that world...

Robbie has a video regards the situation only 58......laugh at gooners thread we‘re better than that for this subject merge with the RIP. thread in off topic it’s covered there.

Terribly sad news, you could tell he's been drowning in a lot of issues for a while. Football really was a coping mechanism for him, I recall a few instances where there was news that he went missing durng the off season but he would be found by friends/family in the end, it's just so sad nobody could save him this time.

I think being outside the AFTV cricle since the Son comments had probably left him in a little more lonley and isolated place add into the fact there's no football to go to in person and vent and then you consider all the other little things in his life and it takes it's toll.

He was a genuine passionate guy and one of the original AFTV names people wanted to hear from because it was always genuine no matter how daft his opinions may have seemed. When they lost he seemed properly upset more so than your average fan at the stadium and when they won he really had the look of someone who had a giant weight removed off his shoulders. He needed football, he needed his club because it was something to fight back against the darkness he felt inside him but this last year has taken away the shield, the distraction, the better days from him and this is how it's ended.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Seems a bit crass having that sad news in this thread? Always seemed a nice bloke. was clearly suffering a lot. sad news.
Not crass is it?
Thought it was posted with sympathy and we all realise that we are all football fans and are respectful no matter what we think of him....or did I read it wrong?
Where else would it be posted?

Poor bloke, RIP

I heard the bloke that told Claude his you tube content was shit is now getting grief. Social media eh? Glad I came off it sometime ago.
This is the problem with social media, if you dish it out you have to be able to take it back. I'm not convinced people on there can do that. You need a thick skin which sadly not a lot of these social media influencers are going to have.

I stay off social media because i think life is too short to spend it bickering with people you don't know, you'll probably never meet and who are inevitably going to criticise what you do and usually in an abusive, personal manner. Fair enough you can make money but there are easier, less stressful and much more pleasant ways to do that.

There's an RIP thread on here. Wouldn't that be a better place for posts about this person?
Not a lot of people go into that thread on a regular basis. It's understandable given that this is the only thread regarding Woolwich on the entire forum that people would learn about Claude through this thread.

It's a little bit unreasonable to expect now that any conversation about Claude need to be merged into another thread that not many people go to. If we do that this is just going to keep happening again and again in this thread anyways.

This is the problem with social media, if you dish it out you have to be able to take it back. I'm not convinced people on there can do that. You need a thick skin which sadly not a lot of these social media influencers are going to have.

I stay off social media because i think life is too short to spend it bickering with people you don't know, you'll probably never meet and who are inevitably going to criticise what you do and usually in an abusive, personal manner. Fair enough you can make money but there are easier, less stressful and much more pleasant ways to do that.
This forum is social media, and people bicker with one another all the time!

This forum is social media, and people bicker with one another all the time!
Not me, i'm a saint.. :sonlol:

I kind of meant more the Youtube/Twitter stuff where you're an 'influencer'.
I doubt the general bullshitting on here influences anything, well except for maybe DSanditon and his shameless promotion of Chinese food but even he's fucked off out of it now.

This place is more like a pub, you drop in, talk shite, go home and by the time you've conked out on the sofa you've forgotten what the fuck you were blathering about anyway.

Not me, i'm a saint.. :sonlol:

I kind of meant more the Youtube/Twitter stuff where you're an 'influencer'.
I doubt the general bullshitting on here influences anything, well except for maybe DSanditon and his shameless promotion of Chinese food but even he's fucked off out of it now.

This place is more like a pub, you drop in, talk shite, go home and by the time you've conked out on the sofa you've forgotten what the fuck you were blathering about anyway.
That's true.

I don't bother reading the YouTube comments, and don't use Twitter. Just seems like a place to spew hatred.

Don't want to comment too much on Claude as nobody knows for sure why he died, but it must be tough when you get a lot of uplifting comments followed by a tonne of abuse.

That's true.

I don't bother reading the YouTube comments, and don't use Twitter. Just seems like a place to spew hatred.

Don't want to comment too much on Claude as nobody knows for sure why he died, but it must be tough when you get a lot of uplifting comments followed by a tonne of abuse.
Oh the Internet is vile and full of people rushing to start a fight. This place is pretty rank at times. Peopled who would the cross the street in real life being total toerags.

Last edited:
RIP fella
In my opinion, Robbie and all on AFTV, need to take a long hard look in the mirror. They have created something that puts ordinary folk in the spotlight. Some can handle it like those fuckwts Troopz and DT, some can't which I feel was Claude.
Condolences to his family

RIP fella
In my opinion, Robbie and all on AFTV, need to take a long hard look in the mirror. They have created something that puts ordinary folk in the spotlight. Some can handle it like those fuckwts Troopz and DT, some can't which I feel was Claude.
Condolences to his family
Not the time to be slating others and on the surface Robbie seems a decent bloke. However you do have a point. It does seem he has to sensationalise things and encourages genuine fans to butt heads for views. Compare it to Chris Cowlin's YouTube channel where you also get angry fans post match but dealt with sensibly. Anyway, rip Claude.

Back
Top Bottom