Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last year was completely bizarre for several reasons. Both in sport and in world politics.

Leicester regressing to the norm is giving me hope that both brexit and the trump presidency will eventually fall off just as drastically as the foxes' form.

Last year was completely bizarre for several reasons. Both in sport and in world politics.

Leicester regressing to the norm is giving me hope that both brexit and the trump presidency will eventually fall off just as drastically as the foxes' form.
Brexit is happening

If only Dong dong had rested his players in the FA Cup so they were fresh for today's game

Think they were talking about how that FA Cup win at Derby was going to kick start their season back into life. Seems to have had the opposite effect, beating Derby in extra time, winning away in the league against a side that has dramatically improved their form....:kanehand:

As funny as all this is - it really is remarkable. To go from Champions, to this, in the space of 6 months is incredible, unprecedented, unbelievable!

I've run out of adjectives now so there's just one thing left to do....
200.gif

Only ever team to win the top flight league in the U.K and the. Get relegated the following season is Man City!
:sonpoint:

Playing with the idea that Leicester's title would be stripped because some horrendous drug-scandal. Almost certainly BS, but let's look at the top 6 teams and give all teams full points vs Leicester. The table would look like this:

1 Tottenham 75 points (won 1 point vs Leicester)
2 Manchester City 71 points (won 1 point vs Leicester) new +32
3 Woolwich 71 points (won 6 points vs Leicester) new GD +25
4 Manchester United 70 points (won 2 points vs Leicester)
5 Southampton 68 points (won 1 point vs Leicester)

I think that Leicester's matches would all be declared void rather than giving 6 points to everyone. Which essentially has the same effect. Any points won from them would be removed; so Woolwich would be -6 and we'd be -1. This is what has happened in the EPIHL (ice hockey) recently with Manchester Phoenix going bankrupt; all matches with them involved this season have been wiped from the record as if they never happened.

More likely however would be to declare the title null; nobody wins it that year, relegation isn't changed, 5th doesn't get UCL etc.

Even more likely is that the FA/Prem do nothing at all, of course.

Think they were talking about how that FA Cup win at Derby was going to kick start their season back into life. Seems to have had the opposite effect, beating Derby in extra time, winning away in the league against a side that has dramatically improved their form....:kanehand:

The Ranieri thing is a bit like what I see in Poch sometimes.

You wonder how they can have the experience and ability they have, yet make some of the obviously daft decisions they do.

Ranieri has been picking the same team and tactic over and over with no result - you'd change it up, surely.

The Ranieri thing is a bit like what I see in Poch sometimes.

You wonder how they can have the experience and ability they have, yet make some of the obviously daft decisions they do.

Ranieri has been picking the same team and tactic over and over with no result - you'd change it up, surely.

I think Ranieri last season was just one of those scenarios where he was so different to Pearson that they ended up with a mix of both of their influences - but gradually Pearson's influence starts to fade and Ranieri doesn't actually know what made them good last year.

You see it happen quite a lot - Moyes / Martinez was another great example, as was(is still) Graham / Wenger.

I think Ranieri last season was just one of those scenarios where he was so different to Pearson that they ended up with a mix of both of their influences - but gradually Pearson's influence starts to fade and Ranieri doesn't actually know what made them good last year.

You see it happen quite a lot - Moyes / Martinez was another great example, as was(is still) Graham / Wenger.

I guess consistency is only good when you're on a winning streak

its a bit like when wimbledon won the cup. The players all became celebrities, household names, wanted contracts and linked to other clubs - and took their foot off the gas, the club/team was never the same.
last couple of years it worked for some reason, the players were all helping each other, the other clubs didn't know them or how to handle them, they were aggressive and didn't respect any big names/clubs.
both clubs were also choc full of absolute cunts

its a bit like when wimbledon won the cup. The players all became celebrities, household names, wanted contracts and linked to other clubs - and took their foot off the gas, the club/team was never the same.
last couple of years it worked for some reason, the players were all helping each other, the other clubs didn't know them or how to handle them, they were aggressive and didn't respect any big names/clubs.
both clubs were also choc full of absolute cunts
I agree with this, Mahrez, Vardy had offers from Woolwich, decided to stay probably because LCFC paid them more, they are now driving around in brand spanking new cars and lovely big houses cashing big pay checks every week.

Their minds aren't on the game now.

Plus if you are in a winning team its easy to win games each week, and because everyone was so shocked by LCFC last year they didn't know how to handle it, this year they are easily predictable.

They only lost 1 key player in Kante last season, but they didn't strengthen with any marquee signings, but this year they've also go midweek games in Europe as well.

A lot of reasons that they haven't been performing.

I agree with this, Mahrez, Vardy had offers from Woolwich, decided to stay probably because LCFC paid them more, they are now driving around in brand spanking new cars and lovely big houses cashing big pay checks every week.

Their minds aren't on the game now.

In reality they AND Leicester should have taken the offers from Woolwich, because now either the players will have relegation wage drops in their contracts and they are fucked......or they won't and Leicester are fucked

I think Leicester's results would be expunged from the table, but I really wouldn't want to win it like that.
If you remember when Man U and Liverpool were fixing matches Chelsea avoided relegation because they would have stayed up with the points otherwise in a match that was declared fixed.
They couldn't just hand it to the 2nd placed team. That would be ridiculous. They would have to make all Leicester results null and void or teams that lost points to them awarded the points -if they were found to have been masking all drug tests. You couldn't say which games were affected.
Also it would then have affected relegation too. The clubs who got relegated by losing points to them wouldn't be too happy if the just handed the 2nd place team the title.
Newcastle who lost 6 points to LCFC for example would have stayed up, maybe even Norwich. It's too late for that now.
There would be clubs suing them for that.

Back
Top Bottom