Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This I can respect. No fan has control over who buys your club, if this lot bought Spurs I'd be part of an organisation/movement that protests against the regime 100%.

What's really embarrassing are the replies from fellow Newcastle fans, thick as pig shit, thinking that this will turn the new owners off or whatever!!! How utterly thick do they have to be? Don't they realise they protested against Ashley for 15yrs FIFTEEN and it did fuck all.

You/They, can still support your Club whilst doing this, just as they did when Ashley was in charge.

I think I'd just walkaway altogether.

ESL has had me close, and prob still has.

I think I'd just walkaway altogether.

ESL has had me close, and prob still has.
I've had time to think through the ramifications of this (as so many Clubs are bought by wankers etc..) and whilst the situation would no doubt have a net effect of eroding a love for the Club, it's still my Club. I was here before any arsehole owner(s), they are my local team who I've supported all of my life, I wouldn't let them win by taking that away from me. Owners can only be loved once they've gone and their time can be assessed in context but whilst they are here they should be held accountable for every decision (good and bad), including who they choose to sell the Club to!!

Whilst I'm sure the effects of ESL would be detrimental to the game (just as VAR has been and I saw that one coming a mile off) these effects ultimately mess with how it feels on a matchday(s). It's a bit more subjective with ESL because you want your Club to be part of the elite, it's defined our journey as modern-day Spurs fans, the journey that's got us within reach, doing it the right way (our way), the hard way but to then have that fundamentally changed to a non-competition (without jeopardy) matchday will inevitably be a meaningless round of megga-hyped friendlies.

So, again it's my Club but unlike ownership, ESL will take the passion of supporting the Club away from me (as VAR is doing) and there will be nothing left. I guess it will be a slow death (like VAR is now) but an inevitable one and one that doesn't require a decision to be made, once the passion has gone there's nothing left to support.

The FA will go for Howe when Southgate leaves after the World Cup surely?

Whether he takes it or not is another question.
Howe's spoken about his favourite part of management being working with players week in week out, improving players, etc. I don't think he's in any rush to check into the retirement home of football management.

fwiw, I don't think Southgate should go. Best England manager in the past, what, 40 years?

Howe's spoken about his favourite part of management being working with players week in week out, improving players, etc. I don't think he's in any rush to check into the retirement home of football management.

fwiw, I don't think Southgate should go. Best England manager in the past, what, 40 years?
But i'm sure he'd rather work for people who didn't want to lob bricks at his wife if she showed her face in public.

He and Potter are the 2 obvious English choices (seeing as the FA seem to insist on it), but they both seem pretty level-headed and know that they are still learning. In which case they would do a better job if they got more experience.

FWIW I rate Potter more highly, esp when thinking International footie. Better tactician, which is key. Howe is more man management, motivate, get up and go. I think he'd be the first to admit that tactics not his strong point.

He and Potter are the 2 obvious English choices (seeing as the FA seem to insist on it), but they both seem pretty level-headed and know that they are still learning. In which case they would do a better job if they got more experience.

FWIW I rate Potter more highly, esp when thinking International footie. Better tactician, which is key. Howe is more man management, motivate, get up and go. I think he'd be the first to admit that tactics not his strong point.
Tuchel no brainer. Good tactical, boring but effective football and has far more gravitas than Potter, Howe and Southgate

sure, if you're looking from outside England then there are some amazing managers to be had.

But if that was the case then Southgate wouldn't have even made the Long List
Fair. I do wonder whether Southgate should work with a better number 2, or part of a dual manager team? He’s clearly fanatastic at building a good environment but lacking tactically

But i'm sure he'd rather work for people who didn't want to lob bricks at his wife if she showed her face in public.
I'm not so sure...........

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

I dunno where you get that from mind. No idea how much of Eddie's Shithouse Mags you've watched, but his tactical acumen is clear to me. Not just style, and system, but game management as well.

Not saying Howe is superior to Potter or anything, but it's patently obvious to me that Howe's strength is attention to detail, preparation and tactics. Doesn't seem like the most inspiring fella either, bless him. He's got Tindall for the man management stuff.

Back
Top Bottom