Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got to be happy This Fish This Fish ?

I was then and despite the shit show in the FA Cup, I still am now.

Honestly if that was Eddie using the FA Cup to show how lacking in depth our squad is, it was a job well done. Most of the players who 'played' against Shef Wed are so far from PL quality, let alone top half they shouldn't play a game for us again. Not because of that game, but it was their last chance to show they've got something to offer going forward. Nobody took that chance.

Lascelles, Lewis, Manquillo, Murphy, Ritchie, Wood all totally fluffed their lines, by the time we brought on our 'big guns' it was too late. Don't blame Howe for making so many changes, as even with the majority of the usual first team not picked, we still should have had enough to beat a League 1 side, but obviously even that was a task too daunting for the replacements.

Lascelles has to go soon, he's 'club captain' despite only playing 102 minutes in the PL this season. He's got no pace, turning circle of a glacier, same speed of thought too. He's got three yellows in the league, two of them as an unused sub.

Was hoping we could sell him to a team down the bottom like West Ham or Everton, but there's just no chance they'd pony up for him after this latest disasterclass.

Honestly if that was Eddie using the FA Cup to show how lacking in depth our squad is, it was a job well done. Most of the players who 'played' against Shef Wed are so far from PL quality, let alone top half they shouldn't play a game for us again. Not because of that game, but it was their last chance to show they've got something to offer going forward. Nobody took that chance.

Lascelles, Lewis, Manquillo, Murphy, Ritchie, Wood all totally fluffed their lines, by the time we brought on our 'big guns' it was too late. Don't blame Howe for making so many changes, as even with the majority of the usual first team not picked, we still should have had enough to beat a League 1 side, but obviously even that was a task too daunting for the replacements.

Lascelles has to go soon, he's 'club captain' despite only playing 102 minutes in the PL this season. He's got no pace, turning circle of a glacier, same speed of thought too. He's got three yellows in the league, two of them as an unused sub.

Was hoping we could sell him to a team down the bottom like West Ham or Everton, but there's just no chance they'd pony up for him after this latest disasterclass.

Going out the cup could do you a massive favour in terms of maintaining position in the league

Going out the cup could do you a massive favour in terms of maintaining position in the league
They've also got a match tomorrow v Leicester for League Cup semis.

Imagine the atmosphere at the home leg for that one.

Good chance of getting to Wembley first full season, that would be great for them.

Perfectly possible to get

1. Top 4
2. Wembley final (maybe some tin)
3. Good attacking footie

What a platform that would be

They weren't to know that so many top clubs being binned out of the FA cup, seeing how thin the squad is still prob the most sensible to rest players for the QF

Still knee-deep in your support for LBGTQ rights too, no doubt....?

Last edited:

sopranos-tony.gif

I swear to god if Newcastle United of all clubs, that haven’t won a trophy in about 50 years win one before us 🤦‍♂️ literally give up
Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

I mean... 1955 since their last trophy proper...... That's 68 years! Imagine how emotionally unstable and jealous some of you lads would be if our wait for silverware had been that long? .......I mean; a fabled "big club" like Newcastle!

I mean... 1955 since their last trophy proper...... That's 68 years! Imagine how emotionally unstable and jealous some of you lads would be if our wait for silverware had been that long? .......I mean; a fabled "big club" like Newcastle!
The point that always gets missed by so called footie journos.

They didn't win the EUFA cup in '69 because it didn't exist. It grew out of the "Fairs Cup". Clubs didn't qualify, they were invited. It all revolved around Trade Fairs. Which even makes the name inappropriate as it implies some sort of "fairness". Which is rubbish as it was mostly pretty random.

The vast majority of their fans have never seen a proper bit of tin. Can't be too many alive that were at Wembley that day, or even lucky enough to see it on the box.

Hope so, could also stand us in good stead for getting to the League Cup final. Southampton have to deal with an FA Cup game against Blackpool between the two Semi Final legs. We, shrewdly, threw the game against Shef Wed knowing that this would be the case. Typical Eddie, always thinking.
They've also got a match tomorrow v Leicester for League Cup semis.

Imagine the atmosphere at the home leg for that one.

Good chance of getting to Wembley first full season, that would be great for them.

Perfectly possible to get

1. Top 4
2. Wembley final (maybe some tin)
3. Good attacking footie

What a platform that would be

They weren't to know that so many top clubs being binned out of the FA cup, seeing how thin the squad is still prob the most sensible to rest players for the QF

Dunno if you watched it, but the atmosphere was amazing, for the most part. Went a little quieter when we couldn't find a way to get the good chances to fall to Wilson, instead of Longstaff, but sharp picked up when that 6'4", 9 fingered lad from Blyth danced through the defence like peak Beardsley. Dan Burn, who'd have thought he'd have been a regular, at left back as well!

The point that always gets missed by so called footie journos.

They didn't win the EUFA cup in '69 because it didn't exist. It grew out of the "Fairs Cup". Clubs didn't qualify, they were invited. It all revolved around Trade Fairs. Which even makes the name inappropriate as it implies some sort of "fairness". Which is rubbish as it was mostly pretty random.

The vast majority of their fans have never seen a proper bit of tin. Can't be too many alive that were at Wembley that day, or even lucky enough to see it on the box.
Can't believe you've forgotten this
Scott%2BParker%2BIntertoto%2BCup.jpg

Hope so, could also stand us in good stead for getting to the League Cup final. Southampton have to deal with an FA Cup game against Blackpool between the two Semi Final legs. We, shrewdly, threw the game against Shef Wed knowing that this would be the case. Typical Eddie, always thinking.

Dunno if you watched it, but the atmosphere was amazing, for the most part. Went a little quieter when we couldn't find a way to get the good chances to fall to Wilson, instead of Longstaff, but sharp picked up when that 6'4", 9 fingered lad from Blyth danced through the defence like peak Beardsley. Dan Burn, who'd have thought he'd have been a regular, at left back as well!

Can't believe you've forgotten this
Scott%2BParker%2BIntertoto%2BCup.jpg
One of my sons lives in Newcastle. He'll always be Spurs but I suspect that his 2 yr old lad will grow up a Barcode and the best I can hope is that Spurs will be his "other" team. It's not the sort of place you walk around wearing another team's shirt.

I suppose I'd better start looking out for their results next year or so

:contefacepalm:

btw a few years ago I was up there for a meeting. One of the guys introduced himself, his surname was Ditchburn. I had to ask him, and yes he was a relation of the great Ted D. One of our great keepers post war. 2nd Div title winners and 1st Div consecutive seasons.

Fun fact - he'd have been playing for us when NUFC won their last pot in '55

One of my sons lives in Newcastle. He'll always be Spurs but I suspect that his 2 yr old lad will grow up a Barcode and the best I can hope is that Spurs will be his "other" team. It's not the sort of place you walk around wearing another team's shirt.

I suppose I'd better start looking out for their results next year or so

:contefacepalm:

btw a few years ago I was up there for a meeting. One of the guys introduced himself, his surname was Ditchburn. I had to ask him, and yes he was a relation of the great Ted D. One of our great keepers post war. 2nd Div title winners and 1st Div consecutive seasons.

Fun fact - he'd have been playing for us when NUFC won their last pot in '55
I dunno, there were a couple of lads at school who followed other clubs. Obviously one or two mackems, but there was an Everton fan, a Barnsley fan, I'm sure a Man Utd fan as well. All familial ties to the clubs. And this was when we were decent (90s-00s). My little lad is only 3 1/2, but I've photos of him in a Newcastle shirt pre-takeover so he'll not be accused of glory supporting. He watched Steve Bruce's Newcastle side gift Sheffield United their first win of the season, so my lad's done the hard yards.

This would only be the first of many, I suspect, but given that our last trophy was "only the league cup" I wonder if Newcastle would be derided for it.

I know the answer lol.

Back
Top Bottom