Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With respect, I think there’s quite a lot of wishful thinking going on here. Look at the tweet someone posted about the relative wealth of the new owners compared even to the Mansour boys at Citeh. Let’s face it, if the sheikhs want to buy football they’ll do it. It won’t happen immediately, but they’ll certainly end up being yet another moneyball club that will push clubs like us further out into the cold.

I think that a) wishing the Newcastle/ Saudi deal falls over, or that somehow they will settle for mid table mediocrity, or b) wishing that a similarly loaded (but ethically and morally pure) sugar daddy comes in for us are both folly.

All we can hope for is that the people who run the game finally realise that some form of FFP, that can’t be circumvented by clever lawyers and expensive accountancy tricks, is the only way the integrity of the game at the top level can be maintained.

At this rate, I am sort of hoping for a sort of ESL revival - minus us - where the ‘franchise’ clubs fuck off and play pay per view matches, and we can go back to seeing real competition for our club trophies. I know, I know, that’s just as deluded as a) or b), really….

:pochsulk:

Quite unbelievable seeing grown men holding cans waving a flag that represents Islamic fascism. It really does hit home how stupid most people are.

Last edited:
Eh, you had me until the end. Not every post in TFC need be a "woe is me, if not for ENIC" Greek tragedy. Not everything has to be viewed through that lens, and TBH I'm just tired of it as a topic. They aren't going anywhere. Water is wet.
I mean I will neither forgive nor forget Summer 2018 until my dying day and I do not apologize for bringing it up, but my point is that you can be targeted and intelligent in the way you invest and that may well leave you better off both financially and on the pitch.

Not every moment calls for 6 mega-million new players. Money is critical, scouting is critical, and timing is also critical.

For example, uh, the club will do well not to get relegated this season, they better have a very sensible plan for January very quickly.

A bloke on BBC News just said that the group that now owns Newcastle Utd don't have as much money as the fans seem to think. He said that they have responsibilities which handicaps them & they will be unable to spend like a Man City, PSG. Phew!...

A bloke on BBC News just said that the group that now owns Newcastle Utd don't have as much money as the fans seem to think. He said that they have responsibilities which handicaps them & they will be unable to spend like a Man City, PSG. Phew!...
Fair Play Ok GIF by PENNYWORTH

Cundy is an absolute bell-end, but he's dropped a masterful troll-bomb on the Geordie muppets on TS this evening.......

"Bearing in mind he left them debt free; Ashley's good management was key to this takeover taking place and their fans should show him more respect and gratitude"

Absolute froth-fest! :troll:

Last edited:
EVen if they spend 1% of their wealth that will amount to about 2.5-3 billion

Back
Top Bottom