Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking glad they didn't win it. They haven't won anything since black and white TV yet we get all the shit for not winning anything for 15 years. Very strange.

You won't find a less successful club that bangs on about being a "big club" as much as Newcastle.......

Professional victims and sanctimonious as fuck.....

Liverpool without the pedigree.

Couldn't stand them even before the blood-money buy out.

Thats probably because this is the first final theyve reached in decades.
Hey! I think you're forgetting that we won the prestigious Intertoto Cup! Admittedly there wasn't a final per se, but still!

Ah well, wasn't to be. Played ok without ever really testing De Gea. Only really ASM's shot and Joelinton's looping header. Both saves you'd expect him to make.

Don't think Karius did much wrong, but perhaps he was a little rusty. Not sure if Pope between the sticks would have mean a hugely different outcome. Biggest disappointment was not having anything to really cheer. If we're going to lose, I'd like to get a consolation at least.

On the bright side it was a far better showing than our last domestic finals, it won't be long until we're back and we're way ahead of schedule.

re: the Trafalgar Square thing. I've no idea what it's about, beyond it being a famous landmark, fairly central, which has plenty of space for loads of fans to meet up. Glad to see a bunch of fans stayed afterwards to tidy up as well.

it won't be long until we're back and we're way ahead of schedule.

"BACK"?????

LOL........ You lot are so fuckin' deluded.

Since 1951 you lot have only finished top 4 FIVE times......

"BACK"?????

LOL........ You lot are so fuckin' deluded.

Since 1951 you lot have only finished top 4 FIVE times......

I think he meant back in a final.

I hate the cheque book clubs as much as anyone, but This Fish This Fish is a level-headed poster and a decent contributor to this forum.

I think he meant back in a final.

I hate the cheque book clubs as much as anyone, but This Fish This Fish is a level-headed poster and a decent contributor to this forum.

Yeh, I don't share that opinion.......

Showed himself otherwise with both his attitude and entitlement towards Bruce & Ashley and also his absolute bullshit claiming that he'd counter-balance his misgivings with the new regieme by getting more involved in LBGTQ causes.... Only to then refuse to condemn the disbanding of the official NC LBGTQ group not long after the take-over.

Last edited:
Yeh, I don't share that opinion.......

Showed himself otherwise with both his attitude and entitlement towards Bruce & Ashley and also his absolute bullshit claiming that he'd counter-balancing his misgivings with the new regieme by getting more involved in LBGTQ causes.... Only to then refuse to condemn the disbanding of the official NC LBGTQ group not long after the take-over.
OK, I see it differently but that's the nature of opinions.

The LBGTQ thing is a whole different kettle of fish, and it says a lot about the FA that they endorse regimes with those primitive attitudes.

Fucking glad they didn't win it. They haven't won anything since black and white TV yet we get all the shit for not winning anything for 15 years. Very strange.

This,
And Spam, Villa, Everton, and, tbh, most of the PL and lower leagues have failed to win a top tier cup for much, much longer than us.

A whole lot of our fans were getting OTT envy over Newcastle. They have won 1 league game for the whole of 2023 and we're almost into the 3rd month.
They hardly score. They rarely win. And the draws are turning to losses.

The LBGTQ thing is a whole different kettle of fish, and it says a lot about the FA that they endorse regimes with those primitive attitudes.

It does indeed.... Especially given their desperate grab to be seen as 'inclusive' at every other turn.

On the bright side it was a far better showing than our last domestic finals, it won't be long until we're back and we're way ahead of schedule.

Pretty incredible what has been accomplished so quickly. Two transfer windows and bam, cup final, in the top four fight .... I doubt even they expected the ascent to be this rapid. Took City many more years to get to this stage.

Don't know if its sustainable though. Surely will face a downturn or two given the overall level of the team. Wonder how you feel about Isak? Haven't watched him much but given the success of so many of your signings, the biggest one having such little impact seems a bit disappointing, but I know he's had injury issues.

This,
And Spam, Villa, Everton, and, tbh, most of the PL and lower leagues have failed to win a top tier cup for much, much longer than us.

A whole lot of our fans were getting OTT envy over Newcastle. They have won 1 league game for the whole of 2023 and we're almost into the 3rd month.
They hardly score. They rarely win. And the draws are turning to losses.

Same thing happened with Howe at Bournemouth a few times. He’d start off seasons well and then his team would just nosedive.

Pretty incredible what has been accomplished so quickly. Two transfer windows and bam, cup final, in the top four fight .... I doubt even they expected the ascent to be this rapid. Took City many more years to get to this stage.

Don't know if its sustainable though. Surely will face a downturn or two given the overall level of the team. Wonder how you feel about Isak? Haven't watched him much but given the success of so many of your signings, the biggest one having such little impact seems a bit disappointing, but I know he's had injury issues.
I think we're in the middle of our down turn. Not been the same after the World Cup. Rumours abound that Wilson has long COVID as he's been a shadow of his former self recently. Not just his lack of goals, but overall play has been listless and one dimensional.

I like Isak and have high hopes for the kid, but he's suffered a long injury and Howe never likes to rush a player back. When he has played more recently it's been without Bruno, who is the chief architect of every positive we do.

There's also a team-wide issue at the moment. We're not varied enough in our attacks, too predictable. Always looking for a really high value opportunity, too shot-shy, instead of just having a dig from 25yds. I'm sure with Bruno's return and Gordon/Isak getting more game time there'll be some fresh impetus, but until then we're fairly easy to defend against.

I think we're in the middle of our down turn. Not been the same after the World Cup. Rumours abound that Wilson has long COVID as he's been a shadow of his former self recently. Not just his lack of goals, but overall play has been listless and one dimensional.

I like Isak and have high hopes for the kid, but he's suffered a long injury and Howe never likes to rush a player back. When he has played more recently it's been without Bruno, who is the chief architect of every positive we do.

There's also a team-wide issue at the moment. We're not varied enough in our attacks, too predictable. Always looking for a really high value opportunity, too shot-shy, instead of just having a dig from 25yds. I'm sure with Bruno's return and Gordon/Isak getting more game time there'll be some fresh impetus, but until then we're fairly easy to defend against.

Interesting. Cheers.

What do you make of Gordon so far? I’ve never really ‘got’ it with him for the prices bandied about but clearly scouts etc at big clubs see something.

I've got Airfixx on ignore because he's just one of those people that isn't worth the bother. What he says about the Newcastle LGBTQ group isn't true though, they haven't disbanded at all. They left Pride in Football, the wider community of LGBTQ groups because they felt they were being attacked.

It's a messy situation to be honest, personally, I think they messed up. They could have used the spotlight to raise issues, concerns and all that. Instead they toed the line and meekly hid themselves away.

However, these are just volunteers, amateurs, ordinary fans. They're not hardened activists with huge experience fighting PR battles and putting out fires. If they as a group have decided that this action is the best course of action for them and their members, then who the fuck am I to tell them they're wrong?

Interesting. Cheers.

What do you make of Gordon so far? I’ve never really ‘got’ it with him for the prices bandied about but clearly scouts etc at big clubs see something.
Barely played for us, but he slots straight into the type of team Howe wants us to be; hardworking, decent technically, with an MA (with Hons) in the Dark Arts.

He's Almiron for the left hand side, just with a more punchable face.

I've got Airfixx on ignore because he's just one of those people that isn't worth the bother. What he says about the Newcastle LGBTQ group isn't true though, they haven't disbanded at all. They left Pride in Football, the wider community of LGBTQ groups because they felt they were being attacked.

It's a messy situation to be honest, personally, I think they messed up. They could have used the spotlight to raise issues, concerns and all that. Instead they toed the line and meekly hid themselves away.

However, these are just volunteers, amateurs, ordinary fans. They're not hardened activists with huge experience fighting PR battles and putting out fires. If they as a group have decided that this action is the best course of action for them and their members, then who the fuck am I to tell them they're wrong?

So have you become pro-active in your LGBTQ support like you said you would in order to ease your conscience?

(Singing ABBA on Karaoke night doesn't count btw.)

Back
Top Bottom