Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their first season in Europe for god knows how long and they are already burnt out by December.

Not fucking easy, try doing it for 14 years on the bounce without Saudi money you barcode bellends.

Fucking narrative of newcastle been tired everywhere is some pile of shit. Boo fucking hoo. Same as any club. Plus the players missing arent exactly maddison and vdv level
100%. We've had plenty, even United have been ravaged by injuries for months and it's barely mentioned. The commentary teams for all Newcastle games haven't shut the fuck up about how poor ickle nucastle have had it so tough

Annoys me the free pass they seem to get even though they have murderous fucking cunts as owners

Just because they’ve been shit for decades doesn’t rule out the fact that they’re owned by the worst people/country on the planet

Poor little Newcastle deserved a goal for travelling a long way on a Sunday, fuck off

We deserved 4 goals for the fact their owners kill gay people and stone women in the streets

They could apply to become the third team in Scotland. They wouldn't have to travel too far then.
Most of them don’t live in Newcastle, geordies all over the country as there are better work opportunities outside the north east, so they pull big away crowds

The media love in with this lot is as bad as the Liverpool amazing atmosphere at anfield. I watched a match up there when they were in division 2 and there was 18 k there.

Seems like you were right to be worried .. some of yours looked shattered, especially trippier.

CL probably came a season too early.

Aye probably did, not going to complain about it though, we did brilliantly last season and despite being in a tough group still have a chance of progressing. Need to get a result against Milan and hope Dortmund don't fuck up at home to PSG.

We were poor and deservedly hammered. No complaints. They all look knackered, but it begs the question; why have we persisted with such a demanding style? I don't think anyone would have moaned if we'd tried to conserve energy and camped in, tried to kill the game off. Big enough challenge to try and compete with you at the best of times, but to do it with exhausted players is an impossible task.
Callum Wilson has no problem smiling and dancing when winning, or spouting bollox on his stupid podcast. But he's quick to start crying when things aren't going well.

Now, I'm a big fan of Wilson but he made himself look a right tit with that. As others have said, he's quite happy to dish it out on his podcast (or interviews) so if someone gives it back, he should take it on the chin. Especially when Newcastle are quite happy to act the shithouse-kings on the pitch.

Fucking narrative of newcastle been tired everywhere is some pile of shit. Boo fucking hoo. Same as any club. Plus the players missing arent exactly maddison and vdv level

They have been, at times. To be honest it's not that we're missing our stars (bar Botman and Pope), it's that our stars have no break and so are knackered. No rests for Gordon, Isak, Bruno, Trippier, Schar for fucking ages. Even before the season kicked off we were missing squad players and that's just got worse as times gone by. Something like 13 players missing against Everton? From a squad of 25? I mean we've played the same 11 for what, 4-5 games in a row and made fuck all substitutions during that run. (That's on Howe, although he may be trying to make a point to the owners? dunno)

We've little depth at the best of times, a decade without any kind of investment in the youth setup and a relegation standard squad before the takeover. So no kids to step up except for Miley, no experienced quality on the bench either. Just Dummett and the 34yr old psychopath.

Most of them don’t live in Newcastle, geordies all over the country as there are better work opportunities outside the north east, so they pull big away crowds

The media love in with this lot is as bad as the Liverpool amazing atmosphere at anfield. I watched a match up there when they were in division 2 and there was 18 k there.
What total nonsense. Overwhelming majority of away fans are fans travelling from Newcastle and its surrounding area. Second bold bit of the sentence is true though.

Atmospheres at St James' have been quality, think it's a little odd to say otherwise. Not sure what attendances 40 odd years ago have to do with anything mind you.

Aye probably did, not going to complain about it though, we did brilliantly last season and despite being in a tough group still have a chance of progressing. Need to get a result against Milan and hope Dortmund don't fuck up at home to PSG.

We were poor and deservedly hammered. No complaints. They all look knackered, but it begs the question; why have we persisted with such a demanding style? I don't think anyone would have moaned if we'd tried to conserve energy and camped in, tried to kill the game off. Big enough challenge to try and compete with you at the best of times, but to do it with exhausted players is an impossible task.

Now, I'm a big fan of Wilson but he made himself look a right tit with that. As others have said, he's quite happy to dish it out on his podcast (or interviews) so if someone gives it back, he should take it on the chin. Especially when Newcastle are quite happy to act the shithouse-kings on the pitch.

They have been, at times. To be honest it's not that we're missing our stars (bar Botman and Pope), it's that our stars have no break and so are knackered. No rests for Gordon, Isak, Bruno, Trippier, Schar for fucking ages. Even before the season kicked off we were missing squad players and that's just got worse as times gone by. Something like 13 players missing against Everton? From a squad of 25? I mean we've played the same 11 for what, 4-5 games in a row and made fuck all substitutions during that run. (That's on Howe, although he may be trying to make a point to the owners? dunno)

We've little depth at the best of times, a decade without any kind of investment in the youth setup and a relegation standard squad before the takeover. So no kids to step up except for Miley, no experienced quality on the bench either. Just Dummett and the 34yr old psychopath.

What total nonsense. Overwhelming majority of away fans are fans travelling from Newcastle and its surrounding area. Second bold bit of the sentence is true though.

Atmospheres at St James' have been quality, think it's a little odd to say otherwise. Not sure what attendances 40 odd years ago have to do with anything mind you.

Hope you guys stick it out with Howe. He has a fucking massive forehead but he’s probably the best English manager out there. Maybe O’Neill.”

Think you missed Barnes or similar. Gordon looked like he had energy but Almiron is a waste of time now. Tonali also a miss in your engine room.

Hope you guys stick it out with Howe. He has a fucking massive forehead but he’s probably the best English manager out there. Maybe O’Neill.”

Think you missed Barnes or similar. Gordon looked like he had energy but Almiron is a waste of time now. Tonali also a miss in your engine room.
Howe's job is safe as houses. Not just last season, but the improvements in the players too. For me, he's up there with Keegan and Robson for Newcastle managers already. The former is mostly at the top of the list for vibes and nostalgia. He wasn't exactly a tactician, but man oh man could he get you excited about the football.

We missed options, but honestly I think if we had depth, Gordon, Trippier and others may not have started against Everton, or certainly wouldn't have played 90 minutes every game.

Tonali is a moron. He was in a country with well publicised rules about what you can gamble on, and with whom. Yet he broke the rules and deserves the ban. Leaves us high and dry, thank God for Lewis Miley otherwise we would have been on the end of more than a few shellackings.

Howe's job is safe as houses. Not just last season, but the improvements in the players too. For me, he's up there with Keegan and Robson for Newcastle managers already. The former is mostly at the top of the list for vibes and nostalgia. He wasn't exactly a tactician, but man oh man could he get you excited about the football.

We missed options, but honestly I think if we had depth, Gordon, Trippier and others may not have started against Everton, or certainly wouldn't have played 90 minutes every game.

Tonali is a moron. He was in a country with well publicised rules about what you can gamble on, and with whom. Yet he broke the rules and deserves the ban. Leaves us high and dry, thank God for Lewis Miley otherwise we would have been on the end of more than a few shellackings.

I think your owners will be in too much of a rush to succeed and Howe will get the boot at some point in the next 6-12 months

They won't give a shit what the fans feel about it

Back
Top Bottom