Come here to laugh at Real Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Zidane raised the 5 excluded from Solari.

They marked Isco and Bale. Keylor, Marcelo and Asensio gleamed.

Grace and justifications

as-4.jpg

I wonder if Marcelo really means it :cool:

Marcelo: Copa Libertadores glory means more than my Champions Leagues

Marcelo reveals Copa Libertadores success with his boyhood club Fluminense means more to him than his five Champions League titles with Real Madrid as he moves into the top 10 players for international players​

By SAMUEL DRAPER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 10:08 GMT, 5 November 2023 |

Marcelo called Fluminense's success in the Copa Libertadores final on Saturday the biggest title of his career, ahead of Real Madrid's Champions League wins.
Rio de Janeiro-based Fluminense, Marcelo's boyhood team, claimed its first title in the CONMEBOL South American club competition after a feisty 2-1 win over Argentina's Boca Juniors after extra time.
The Brazilian left-back, 35, won five Champions League titles with Real Madrid during a distinguished 15-year career with the Spanish giants, but revealed that this one meant more because of his boyhood attachment to Fluminense.

Marcelo told ESPN: 'Real Madrid will understand. It's my most important title, at club level, because it's the club that raised me.
'I'm winning a very important title with my favourite club, the club that gave me all the tools to have my career, with the employees who saw me grow up. There's nothing more rewarding than that. It's priceless.

Back
Top Bottom