Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s just Abramovich putting pressure on the home office / government to get his visa sorted
I don’t understand how not building a football stadium that only he and Chelsea will profit from puts pressure on the Government.
To be honest I think the actual stadium is a step too far. Too much for too little change. Commercially theyncant do much better. They could sell the rights to Stamford Bridge and probably get as much as the 15k in attendance would make.
Unless most of it is corporate.
It will cost much more than a billion I would think. There’s no doubt a statement stadium like that, as that’s what it is , will go over budget. The birds nest cost £330m 15 yrs ago. All steel. Reinforced concrete is more expensive, although steadier in price than steel, isn’t steel more expensive to maintain and the labour costs for building higher?
Then the hassle with pitchnowners, railways, playing away for so long and the tight footprint in building. Look at how ours is logistically. There’s will be a lot harder to manage

edit He’s shelled out a lot for the WC to keep Putin off his back, probably cannot afford to take the hit so soon. He’s not Abu Dhabi.
Maybe in a few years after he’s made some tax free money in Israel.

It’s good news though. Hope the cunts suffer. Doubt it, but you can hope.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how not building a football stadium that only he and Chelsea will profit from puts pressure on the Government.
To be honest I think the actual stadium is a step too far. Too much for too little change. Commercially theyncant do much better. They could sell the rights to Stamford Bridge. The 15k in attendance won’t make much difference.
It will cost much more than a billion. There’s no doubt a statement like that, as that’s what it is , will go over budget. The birds nest cost £330m 15 yrs ago. All steel. Reinforced concrete is more expensive, although steadier in price thannsteel, more expensive to maintain and the labour costs are for building are higher,
Not to mention the hassle with pitchnowners, railways, playing away for so long and the tight footprint in building. Look at how ours is logistically. There’s will be a lot harder to manage

Because that billion pounds will mostly paid to British companies

Funniest thing I’ve heard all week. Just goes to show that all the money they’ve had will mean fuck all if they are left in ruins when Roman’s roubles are pulled out. It would have me wanking myself into an early grave if they went under. And unless Roman writes off the debt they owe him, I don’t see it being a club that would be attractive to buy, unless it’s for the real estate (see the Qataris buying up east manchester) . And billionaires don’t become billionaires by writing off debts of billions.
Loving it.

giphy.gif

To be honest I think the actual stadium is a step too far. Too much for too little change. Commercially theyncant do much better. They could sell the rights to Stamford Bridge and probably get as much as the 15k in attendance would make.
Unless most of it is corporate.
It will cost much more than a billion I would think. There’s no doubt a statement stadium like that, as that’s what it is , will go over budget. The birds nest cost £330m 15 yrs ago. All steel. Reinforced concrete is more expensive, although steadier in price than steel, isn’t steel more expensive to maintain and the labour costs for building higher?
Then the hassle with pitchnowners, railways, playing away for so long and the tight footprint in building. Look at how ours is logistically. There’s will be a lot harder to manage

edit He’s shelled out a lot for the WC to keep Putin off his back, probably cannot afford to take the hit so soon. He’s not Abu Dhabi.
Maybe in a few years after he’s made some tax free money in Israel.

It’s good news though. Hope the cunts suffer. Doubt it, but you can hope.

What Ozle Ozle said plus , say he walks from Chelsea ... how many people is that going to affect ? In the city too.

He’ll get his visa soon enough & the plans will go ahead although he’ll not feel as invincible here anymore which may make him fuck off anyway

Because that billion pounds will mostly paid to British companies
Well maybe the building process.
I doubt very much it’s come back Roman, without this build the country is in ruins.

I think The customs union is more of a threat to UK business, and some of the current govt don’t give a bollocks about that.
The key players in the build were to be Aecom, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, Schlaich Bergermann and Herzog de Meuron,
USA, USA/Canadian, German, Swiss.
Herzog de Meuron hired Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands (design) to work with them in the U.K.
They’re a British company.
Myself I can’t see how it’s putting pressure on the Govt.
Give me a visa or Stamford Bridge doesn’t get built.

Roman is owed 1.1 billion ... Chelsea is valued at 1.8 billion ... so selling would easily cover Roman's debts and leave the club debt free ... of course you would need another billion at least to build the new stadium ..

so 2.8 billion ... to a Chinese/Middle East/US consortium this might be an attractive deal ... hard to believe but Chelsea are now a near profitable outfit ...

As for 'blackmailing' the UK Government ... not sure that works for either party, the UK loses a potential billion pound development project, Roman loses his plaything ...

Well maybe the building process.
I doubt very much it’s come back Roman, without this build the country is in ruins.

I think The customs union is more of a threat to UK business, and some of the current govt don’t give a bollocks about that.
The key players in the build were to be Aecom, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, Schlaich Bergermann and Herzog de Meuron,
USA, USA/Canadian, German, Swiss.
Herzog de Meuron hired Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands (design) to work with them in the U.K.
They’re a British company.
Myself I can’t see how it’s putting pressure on the Govt.
Give me a visa or Stamford Bridge doesn’t get built.
Not a great look for the government to basically fuck off a guy that’s got a £1-1.5 Billion investment near shovel ready though. I think they cave just because they won’t want to appear to be working against foreign investment.

At the end of the day politics tends to take a backseat to cash usually, and as much as I’d love it not to be the case in this situation, I think the government finds a way to capitulate. It’s bigger than just Roman and his stadium.

And a new challenger for the Madrid job appears
May be not. I think they want Sarri to take Napoli to court, seeing as he is still employed by them, whilst they have already employed Ancelotti. If that's not a case for constructive dismissal I don't know what is. It will probably be settled by mutual consent meaning Sarri gets paid off and Chelsea don't have to payout his contract of £9m.

May be not. I think they want Sarri to take Napoli to court, seeing as he is still employed by them, whilst they have already employed Ancelotti. If that's not a case for constructive dismissal I don't know what is. It will probably be settled by mutual consent meaning Sarri gets paid off and Chelsea don't have to payout his contract of £9m.
From what I understand it is just standard Italian practice. You "fire" the old manager but he is kept on the books for the remainder of his contract or until he finds a new job that can take him over.

Marco Silva was still on the books for Watford until yesterday as well.

From what I understand it is just standard Italian practice. You "fire" the old manager but he is kept on the books for the remainder of his contract or until he finds a new job that can take him over.

Marco Silva was still on the books for Watford until yesterday as well.
I confess I don't know the employment laws in Italy but that's not normal practice by any stretch.

Silva was removed from his position, effectively sacked but looks as though he was offered gardening leave if he remained on the payroll at the club until this week. We did the same with Paul Mitchell. The big difference here is whilst they receive their salaries they are not allowed to work for that period, not sure this makes sense with a Manager but for someone like Mitchell (who is supposedly planning and shaping the future of the Club, therefore will hold very sensitive information) it was vital to do.

It’s just Abramovich putting pressure on the home office / government to get his visa sorted

Still would not want to have my club being used as a chess piece in some ridiculous political power struggle.

Dees he think the UK government will kiss and make up with Russia for fear of losing a single PL club? The last PM couldn't even remember which club he "supported"?!

If the Bond Villain fucks off someone else will buy the club up, although probably for considerably less than the £1.5 billion estimated value plus the £1 billion debt.

And even if what we all hope for does happen and Chelsea are flushed away like the turds they are - then another club will step up to the vacated position in the top tier.

It's the 1.5 billion debt that's the issue. It's no coincidence that these people, unless they do what the glazers did,(and transfer the expense onto the club) buy for nowt and then throw the money around to build up the small club
Like what happened with Chelsea

Back
Top Bottom