Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If only they had an owner who owns their own fleet of private jets they could call upon in these difficult times.

:dembelelol:
Speaking of which, I've a good friend who is a private jet engineer. He sent pics of Uncle Joe's plane that he was working on yesterday. I asked if there was anything on board that could be used as blackmail material. Unfortunately not, he also said there definitely weren't any receipts for footballer purchases knocking about either.
:contesmile:

Hold on a minute - I thought the Government had banned all Russian flights and flights connected to Oligarchs - so they'll have to travel to away games by bus.

giphy.gif

Enic are reportedly looking for more or less the same as Chelsea for a full sale. And our clubs are not that far off each other in value so that is reasonable.

But most reports indicate that Levy is not looking to sell the entire club, but to sell a stake.
There is A major difference in the assets on offer, THFC includes the land on which the stadium is built as well as surround cinema complexes etc.

CFC doesn’t own that. They own the stadium, the team and all that goes with that but they don’t own the land. They are tenant who pays rent.

That is a material difference. Chelsea would argue their trophy cabinet balance against this but without 1.5bn quid of funding, would their trophy cabinet exist?

Plus they won’t be sold quickly at all. All this talk of the government selling them asap is massively wide of the mark if you ask me. Too many hurdles.
Depends.

There will be *hundreds* of buyers now. The price is likely now in the hundreds of millions. So it will come down to the Chavs’ cash flow and how they are financially set up.

If they’re fucked, they will be forced to sell.

They're playing Norwich away tonight - 3 hour trip. Checked and they can get a national express arriving for 17:15, which takes 5 and a half hours, for about £30 per head.

May need to hitchhike home though!

:contesmile:
Don't talk to me about London/Norwich hitchhiking. I nearly died of hypothermia doing that in October 1974.

Come to think of it - yes they should be made to do that.

The replies to this

:llorishowudoin:

I can't help it, I'm a sick, sick man... I don't want to celebrate until we know for sure that the punishments affecting Chelsea FC aren't going to be scaled back, but this day is shaping up to be right up there with my wedding day, and just below the birth of my son, as the greatest day of my life...

First instinct of their players, how do I get out of here???

:contelol:

I just hope this makes the powers that be wake up and understand the risks they are taking in letting filthy money wash through the sport. That Newcastle takeover should never have been allowed. Pray this is an end to it.

I am honestly shocked that the government and the NCA have got their act together. There would have been something perverse about allowing him to sell the club.
True. But have to add that the fact it's taken this long absolutely stinks of corruption. They have given him long enough to sort out loads of his affairs. This still has a whole backstory yet to be told.

Back
Top Bottom