Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the deadline in 2o mins?
Deadlines mean fuck all with this mob.

The official deadline to purchase the west London Premier League club is 21:00 GMT Friday 18 March, although some final bids are likely to be submitted into the weekend as known parties are to ask for more time.
There are still more than 20 interested parties, but the number of confirmed bids is likely to be 10-15.

The official deadline to purchase the west London Premier League club is 21:00 GMT Friday 18 March, although some final bids are likely to be submitted into the weekend as known parties are to ask for more time.
There are still more than 20 interested parties, but the number of confirmed bids is likely to be 10-15.
Bit like transfer deadline day with those forms, does look like we won't know anything til next week then.

Good - longer the better as they'll run out of money in a few weeks

I’ve got a really horrible feeling they’re going to come out of this just fine and dandy. There are multiple bids in already with more expected over the weekend and I bet the £1.5b loan suddenly disappears and doesn’t need to be repaid.

I’ve got a really horrible feeling they’re going to come out of this just fine and dandy. There are multiple bids in already with more expected over the weekend and I bet the £1.5b loan suddenly disappears and doesn’t need to be repaid.
I don't think (????????) it can.

If it's not repaid it becomes income which is taxable, but more importantly it breaks all FFP rules since it came in.

Could be wrong on that though.

If it's not repaid it becomes income which is taxable, but more importantly it breaks all FFP rules since it came in.

There's bound to be some back-door they're able to exploit..... It's just inevitable.

Esp. cos at the government end of things they won't give a shit about sporting integrity.

There's bound to be some back-door they're able to exploit..... It's just inevitable.

Esp. cos at the government end of things they won't give a shit about sporting integrity.
I can't see how the league/UEFA can ignore that it would become owner investment.

That would set a precedent for other teams to do the same...........erm, not us obviously.

The FFP rules are shite and the government are involved so I really wouldn’t be surprised if there turned out to be some back door or loop hole they can exploit to ge that resolved.
I honestly don’t know, I’ve just got a bad feeling that it’ll all work out somehow and the scum will go on as if nothings happened.

The FFP rules are shite and the government are involved so I really wouldn’t be surprised if there turned out to be some back door or loop hole they can exploit to ge that resolved.
I honestly don’t know, I’ve just got a bad feeling that it’ll all work out somehow and the scum will go on as if nothings happened.

That Candy bloke has already vowed to "spend spend spend" and has the backing of some major S.Korean money.

????

Kurdish businessman says UK approved his application to buy Chelsea​

Good mates with Abramovich.

Also:

"Bayrak also leads Kurdish Mutki tribe in Turkey’s southeastern province of Bitlis. He has strong ties to Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP).

.......Bayrak said he would like to promote the prestige of Turkey"

Hmmmm... Don't they just sound like a bunch of cuddly lefty hippies! :harrysmile:

Pretty sure if it is written off it won't break ffp. At any point he could have converted the debt to equity (loads of owners do) but didn't I guess for tax reasons.

If it broke ffp it would have been when he first loaned the club the money. I. E. Lewis couldn't give us 1bn for players without breaking FFP but could give us 100m over multiple years.

I have never followed the net spend table, but is it possible that the 100m annual shortfall could be managed in different / better transfer dealings?

Sure, they can. But I highly doubt it would be an easy operation. If they're going to do it - balance the books and bring wages under control - they have two options, as I see it.

1) Begrudgingly sell key players. Which would put them further behind City/Pool, and have us (if Conte stays and is backed) and if we're being honest Woolwich (plus United depending on their summer) very much in the running to overtake them. No CL would mean they'll have to slash wages a second time, and might trigger release clauses for some of their players.

2) Try to offload a number of squad players. Which would bring its own problems. The whole football world will know in about two seconds, that's what they're needing to do, so they'll struggle to get good prices. And top clubs might just choose to try to unsettle their top players instead. Also I suspect, they've got a fair few players on wages, that noone else will pay.

Sure, they can. But I highly doubt it would be an easy operation. If they're going to do it - balance the books and bring wages under control - they have two options, as I see it.

1) Begrudgingly sell key players. Which would put them further behind City/Pool, and have us (if Conte stays and is backed) and if we're being honest Woolwich (plus United depending on their summer) very much in the running to overtake them. No CL would mean they'll have to slash wages a second time, and might trigger release clauses for some of their players.

2) Try to offload a number of squad players. Which would bring its own problems. The whole football world will know in about two seconds, that's what they're needing to do, so they'll struggle to get good prices. And top clubs might just choose to try to unsettle their top players instead. Also I suspect, they've got a fair few players on wages, that noone else will pay.
This only scratches the surface and kicks the can. All of their players, first team, youngsters etc are on massive wages and get paid every month until their contracts end. This is tough to temper…. 3 key players are off this summer which reduces the bill slightly but they need to bring in 1 or 2.

It’s their opex (wages) that smash their finances, not player purchases

Back
Top Bottom